where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
David Harvey
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
09:44 May-15-2008
Eye Examinations

I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."

Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?

The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?

Ed T.
Ed T.
01:55 May-19-2008
Re: Eye Examinations
First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-TC-1a or some other code. That makes a difference.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."
: Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?
: The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?
------------ End Original Message ------------

David
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
05:49 May-19-2008
Re: Eye Examinations
: First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-TC-1a or some other code. That makes a difference.
: : I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."
: : Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?
: : The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Many different specifications, TC-1A, NAS410, EN473, and more.

Mohammad Naderi
Mohammad Naderi
05:59 May-24-2008
Re: tofd quize
: First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-
Deare sir
Hi
I want to learn tofd and i want quize please help me]

thanks a lot

mohammad

Product Spotlight

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

32:128PR PAUT & 2-ch TOFD Flaw Detector: SyncScan 2

●32:128PR PAUT with optional 2-ch TOFD to maximize your efficiency ●Support PR mode for corrosi
on inspection ●Multiple solutions for welds & corrosion ●Faster scan speed (Approximately 3 meters/minute) ●Light weight: 4kg only including battery
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Research and Application Development For NDT

Acuren’s Research and Application Development specializes in the development of advanced ultraso
nic inspection techniques and systems for challenging inspection applications, with an emphasis on practical solutions which are field deployable. Services include manual and automated ultrasonic inspection system development, inspection technique optimization using laboratory scale studies and ultrasonic modeling (CIVA, BeamTool), preparing technical justification for technique evaluation and qualification (Probability of Detection and sizing accuracy studies), inspection/calibration/analysis procedure preparation to support field deployment of custom techniques, and development of custom imaging algorithms to support challenging inspection applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window