where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

WesDyne International (AMDATA Products)
WesDyne is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

Technical Discussions
David Harvey
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
09:44 May-15-2008
Eye Examinations

I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."

Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?

The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?

Ed T.
Ed T.
01:55 May-19-2008
Re: Eye Examinations
First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-TC-1a or some other code. That makes a difference.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."
: Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?
: The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?
------------ End Original Message ------------

David
Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang, USA, Joined Nov 2002, 42

David

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
05:49 May-19-2008
Re: Eye Examinations
: First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-TC-1a or some other code. That makes a difference.
: : I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."
: : Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?
: : The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Many different specifications, TC-1A, NAS410, EN473, and more.

Mohammad Naderi
Mohammad Naderi
05:59 May-24-2008
Re: tofd quize
: First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-
Deare sir
Hi
I want to learn tofd and i want quize please help me]

thanks a lot

mohammad

Product Spotlight

Digital Radiography for Concrete Inspection

In the construction industry (buildings, bridges) there is a need for fast non- destructive means,
most commonly to locate targets (Pipes, Re-bars, Conduit, Fittings etc.) within concrete structures prior to drilling, cutting or coring. Measuring reinforcements is also performed for static calculations and to detect corrosion problems and damages. Cracks and voids can also be visualized. The examinations are not only restricted to concrete constructions; they can also be applied to reinforced masonry made of natural stones or bricks.
>

FD800 Bench Top Flaw Detectors

The bench-top FD800 flaw detector range combines state-of-the-art flaw detection with advanced mater
ial thickness capabilities. Designed for use in the laboratory these gauges are the tool you need for all your flaw detecting needs.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s