where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Eye Examinations
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

09:44 May-15-2008

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
Eye Examinations

I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."

Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?

The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?

01:55 May-19-2008
Ed T.
Re: Eye Examinations First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-TC-1a or some other code. That makes a difference.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."
: Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?
: The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?
------------ End Original Message ------------

05:49 May-19-2008

David

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
Re: Eye Examinations ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-TC-1a or some other code. That makes a difference.
: : I am weeding through a number of specifications that deal with eye exams. Some allow the Level III to do the exam, others a "technician", others yet someone "approved by the Level III."
: : Do we have any specs out there that require a nurse, doctor, or optometrist to do the eye exam?
: : The reason I ask is that in many locations, medical assistant type folk are used to perform "screening." These are not nurses, doctors, physician's assistants, etc. Do we have any major specifications that pointedly require doctors or nurses to do the exam?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Many different specifications, TC-1A, NAS410, EN473, and more.

05:59 May-24-2008
Mohammad Naderi
Re: tofd quize ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: First of alll which code are you working to? CP-189, SNT-
Deare sir
Hi
I want to learn tofd and i want quize please help me]

thanks a lot

mohammad

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|