where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
UT standard for weld seam of ERW Pipe
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

FI Test- und Messtechnik GmbH

02:01 May-19-2008
tom
UT standard for weld seam of ERW Pipe

Is there anyone know following;

In SHELL's standard[ DEP 31.40.37-Gen.December 2000],

1. In the Weld seam of ERW pipe[=HFW Pipe],
UT for Transverse imperfection is mandatory?

2.Where can I get the previous Edition than [December 2000]?

3.Is there anyone have the Table D.1 that is mentioned on the page 30 of the DEP 31.40.20.37-Gen.December2000.

04:47 May-19-2008

bob sudharmin

Engineering, Reliability and Integrity Eng
Shell Malaysia Trading,
Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2008
Re: UT standard for weld seam of ERW Pipe Dear Tom,

Shell DEP stands for Design Engineering Practise. It is not an international Standard. It is meant for use on Shell facilities. It is however, referenced back to international standards such as ASME, BSEN and API. The Shell DEP is conservative in its rulings, in that it allows less tolerance than that provided by international codes and standard making it more stringent. In the case, that you quoted, experience has come across incidents where ERW pipe was found to have defects previously not detected earlier. The UT requirements was then changed and updated, presumably in the API. These changes were then reflected in the DEP. I suggest you refer to API requirements. Trust this clarifies.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Is there anyone know following;
: In SHELL's standard[ DEP 31.40.37-Gen.December 2000],
: 1. In the Weld seam of ERW pipe[=HFW Pipe],
: UT for Transverse imperfection is mandatory?
: 2.Where can I get the previous Edition than [December 2000]?
: 3.Is there anyone have the Table D.1 that is mentioned on the page 30 of the DEP 31.40.20.37-Gen.December2000.
------------ End Original Message ------------

19:52 Apr-22-2009
Armando Rivera
Re: UT standard for weld seam of ERW Pipe In Reply to tom at 02:01 May-19-2008 (Opening).

Good day,
Could you help me?
If we want to inspect aluminum welds on plates with ASME, which is the minimun thickness approval of plate?. What section and article is included?
Thank you in advance for your support
Rgds
Armando

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|