where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Reliability of Modern X-ray machine!
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:31 May-28-2008

Sanjoy Das

R & D, NDT Manager
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
India,
Joined Apr 2008
Reliability of Modern X-ray machine!

I have been practicing radiography base job in premier R&D (BARC) organization in India for last 11 years. I have old as well as new x-ray machine. I found modern microprocessor base x-ray machine is less reliable in operationn. As control units are full of PLC base electronics circuit, they are prone to malfunctioning in changing atmosphere. It is very difficult to indentify tha fault and also repair. Whereas old units of same company are running smoothly. As their control system is electro-mechanical in nature, repair is possible at our workplace with our maintenance staff. Some parts are also availavle at local market. So what is need to go for all high-tech electronics base control system, as most fo the x-ray machine is requierd for field application, which needs robust rugged and sturdy machine.

02:45 May-29-2008
tj
Re: Reliability of Modern X-ray machine! ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have been practicing radiography base job in premier R&D (BARC) organization in India for last 11 years. I have old as well as new x-ray machine. I found modern microprocessor base x-ray machine is less reliable in operationn. As control units are full of PLC base electronics circuit, they are prone to malfunctioning in changing atmosphere. It is very difficult to indentify tha fault and also repair. Whereas old units of same company are running smoothly. As their control system is electro-mechanical in nature, repair is possible at our workplace with our maintenance staff. Some parts are also availavle at local market. So what is need to go for all high-tech electronics base control system, as most fo the x-ray machine is requierd for field application, which needs robust rugged and sturdy machine.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hello,
There are plenty of state of the art field (portable) x-ray systems which are designed for and can handle the conditions you speak of. These systems should obtain equal results to the equipment you have. Google for more info. Wallet size is another issue. Hope it helps.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|