where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
bosch specification
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Sonotron NDT
Original developer and manufacturer of advanced ultrasonic instruments

03:00 May-30-2008
wayne seemungal
bosch specification

Does anyone have any experience with a Bosch UT specification on round/hex steel bars. I believe it is a FBH (0.6mm??). Is this to be detected in a static or dynamic mode?

08:14 Jun-04-2008

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: bosch specification ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone have any experience with a Bosch UT specification on round/hex steel bars. I believe it is a FBH (0.6mm??). Is this to be detected in a static or dynamic mode?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Dear Wayne,

While I have no direct experience with the specification that you have referred, I would expect that whatever method you are using to do the ultrasonic testing (by hand or by using some equipment to rotate the bar and to move the probe along the length), you would need to demonstrate that the reference standard is being picked up successully and consistently. So, you should have a reference standard which goes through the same equipment and test method as the actual rods.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|