where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Heather Thompson
Heather Thompson
00:33 Mar-01-2000
General Dynamics Books

Hello,

I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Ultrasonics," and there are three volumes. The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

If anyone has any input, please let me know.

Thank you,
Heather

Norm Woodward
Norm Woodward
03:15 Mar-01-2000
Re: General Dynamics Books
: Hello,

: I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Ultrasonics," and there are three volumes. The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

: If anyone has any input, please let me know.

: Thank you,
: Heather

We had a similar inquiry a couple of months ago, probably in January, since I am having a problem reaching that month's messages.

In any case, one source for either the original series, and updated versions that appeared in the 90's, is ASNT. I do not have the ordering information at hand, but it should be available in these archives once the January messages are accessible.

Norm

Curt Powell
Curt Powell
09:56 Mar-06-2000
: :Regarding the UT books, I think what you're looking for is available through ASNT. Call them at 1-800-222-2768 and ask them about it. You'll be talking about either Order #1504(a three volume set), Order #1610(book CT-6-4) or possibly Order # 337 or #338. Good luck.

Hello,

: : I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Ultrasonics," and there are three volumes. The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

: : If anyone has any input, please let me know.

: : Thank you,
: : Heather

: We had a similar inquiry a couple of months ago, probably in January, since I am having a problem reaching that month's messages.

: In any case, one source for either the original series, and updated versions that appeared in the 90's, is ASNT. I do not have the ordering information at hand, but it should be available in these archives once the January messages are accessible.

: Norm

George Pherigo
Other, Owner
PH Diversified, Inc., FlawTech Division, USA, Joined Oct 1999, 8

George Pherigo

Other, Owner
PH Diversified, Inc., FlawTech Division,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
03:11 Mar-06-2000
Regarding the "new" editions of the General Dynamics books. My company, PH Diversified, Inc. recently revised the entire series of classroom and programmed instruction books (except RT which is in process.

The three volume ultrasonic set is availabe from PH Diversified at 704,455,3717 or from ASNT at 1-800-222-ASNT. The catalog number is #1524.

George Pherigo

: Hello,

: I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Ultrasonics," and there are three volumes. The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

: If anyone has any input, please let me know.

: Thank you,
: Heather

Raman Munusamy
Raman Munusamy
07:53 Nov-20-2000
: : Hello,

: : I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Penetrant insp, The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

: : If anyone has any input, please let me know.

: : Thank you,
: : Heather

: We had a similar inquiry a couple of months ago, probably in January, since I am having a problem reaching that month's messages.

: In any case, one source for either the original series, and updated versions that appeared in the 90's, is ASNT. I do not have the ordering information at hand, but it should be available in these archives once the January messages are accessible.

: Norm

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window