where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
General Dynamics Books
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

00:33 Mar-01-2000
Heather Thompson
General Dynamics Books

Hello,

I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Ultrasonics," and there are three volumes. The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

If anyone has any input, please let me know.

Thank you,
Heather

03:15 Mar-01-2000
Norm Woodward
Re: General Dynamics Books : Hello,

: I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Ultrasonics," and there are three volumes. The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

: If anyone has any input, please let me know.

: Thank you,
: Heather

We had a similar inquiry a couple of months ago, probably in January, since I am having a problem reaching that month's messages.

In any case, one source for either the original series, and updated versions that appeared in the 90's, is ASNT. I do not have the ordering information at hand, but it should be available in these archives once the January messages are accessible.

Norm

09:56 Mar-06-2000
Curt Powell
Re: General Dynamics Books : :Regarding the UT books, I think what you're looking for is available through ASNT. Call them at 1-800-222-2768 and ask them about it. You'll be talking about either Order #1504(a three volume set), Order #1610(book CT-6-4) or possibly Order # 337 or #338. Good luck.

Hello,

: : I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Ultrasonics," and there are three volumes. The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

: : If anyone has any input, please let me know.

: : Thank you,
: : Heather

: We had a similar inquiry a couple of months ago, probably in January, since I am having a problem reaching that month's messages.

: In any case, one source for either the original series, and updated versions that appeared in the 90's, is ASNT. I do not have the ordering information at hand, but it should be available in these archives once the January messages are accessible.

: Norm

03:11 Mar-06-2000

George Pherigo

Other, Owner
PH Diversified, Inc., FlawTech Division,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: General Dynamics Books Regarding the "new" editions of the General Dynamics books. My company, PH Diversified, Inc. recently revised the entire series of classroom and programmed instruction books (except RT which is in process.

The three volume ultrasonic set is availabe from PH Diversified at 704,455,3717 or from ASNT at 1-800-222-ASNT. The catalog number is #1524.

George Pherigo

: Hello,

: I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Ultrasonics," and there are three volumes. The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

: If anyone has any input, please let me know.

: Thank you,
: Heather

07:53 Nov-20-2000
Raman Munusamy
Re: General Dynamics Books : : Hello,

: : I am trying to find out how to purchase General Dynamics Convair Division books. The ones I am looking for are entitled "Nondestructive Testing, Penetrant insp, The ones I have now were published in 1981, and I am also trying to find out if there is a newer edition of these books. They are great books, the ones I have fell apart, that's why I need new ones!

: : If anyone has any input, please let me know.

: : Thank you,
: : Heather

: We had a similar inquiry a couple of months ago, probably in January, since I am having a problem reaching that month's messages.

: In any case, one source for either the original series, and updated versions that appeared in the 90's, is ASNT. I do not have the ordering information at hand, but it should be available in these archives once the January messages are accessible.

: Norm

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|