where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Flexible risers
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Ultrasonic Sciences Ltd
We specialize in the design and manufacture of automated and semi-automated ultrasonic testing systems, including multi axis, multi channels systems and phased array electronics.

03:41 Mar-07-2000
stein erik kvam
Flexible risers

I am new to this forum, but have interest in a subject last time disussed in Nov.98 - inspection tools and references for flexible risers. This is an increasing need for the offshore oil&gas market - and my company are involved in developing equipment for this purpose. Any reply will be of interest

stein erik kvam

04:15 Mar-07-2000

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Flexible risers Erik:
Could you please provide more details on the needs of your particular application.
It is my understanding that offshore catenary risers are subject to cyclic fatique stresses and tensile stresses.
This makes surface breaking flaws very critical.
Welded joints on risers are presently being tested using mechanised UT using zonal discrimination.
Is this applicable to your situation?

Ed

: I am new to this forum, but have interest in a subject last time disussed in Nov.98 - inspection tools and references for flexible risers. This is an increasing need for the offshore oil&gas market - and my company are involved in developing equipment for this purpose. Any reply will be of interest

: stein erik kvam

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|