where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GRANPECT COMPANY Ltd

Technical Discussions
stein erik kvam
stein erik kvam
03:41 Mar-07-2000
Flexible risers

I am new to this forum, but have interest in a subject last time disussed in Nov.98 - inspection tools and references for flexible risers. This is an increasing need for the offshore oil&gas market - and my company are involved in developing equipment for this purpose. Any reply will be of interest

stein erik kvam

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1233

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
04:15 Mar-07-2000
Re: Flexible risers
Erik:
Could you please provide more details on the needs of your particular application.
It is my understanding that offshore catenary risers are subject to cyclic fatique stresses and tensile stresses.
This makes surface breaking flaws very critical.
Welded joints on risers are presently being tested using mechanised UT using zonal discrimination.
Is this applicable to your situation?

Ed

: I am new to this forum, but have interest in a subject last time disussed in Nov.98 - inspection tools and references for flexible risers. This is an increasing need for the offshore oil&gas market - and my company are involved in developing equipment for this purpose. Any reply will be of interest

: stein erik kvam

Product Spotlight

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window