where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

IMechE Engineering Training Solutions
World leading provider of Non-Destructive Testing and Corrosion Prevention and Coatings training, examinations and Level 3 Consultancy Services

Technical Discussions
mj
mj
03:23 Jul-01-2008
MS5800

Dear Friends,
Iam planing to buy one MS5800 Multiscan equipment. i got lots of information from friends. some oen saying its good other saying its usless. iam very fresh in this equipment. please help me to sort it out this matter.
1. Eddy current testing for tubing (SS) and RFET for CS tubes. ( is that possible to do both with this equipment? also we have some welding joints for Eddy current.

2. MFL inspection for pipline corrosion inspection and tank floor scanning possible with this equipment?

3. UT corrosion inspection possible? mainly XY scanning?

4. is this equipment is user friendly?

Aaron Greenbank
Aaron Greenbank
05:45 Jul-01-2008
Re: MS5800
Dear Sir,

My name is Aaron Greenbank, I am the Product Manager for the MS5800, based in Quebec City, Canada. I would like to answer your questions if I may.

Point 1 - The MS5800 is a very flexible instrument, you can indeed do ECT and RFT with the same unit, in fact, you can also have MFL and UT/IRIS onboard the same instrument.

Point 2 - You can do UT corrosion inspection with this unit, however, we do offer better options for this application than the MS5800 if you would like to discuss further.

Point 3 - As for the User Friendly aspect, my answer would of course be yes it is, however, if you would like to see this for yourself, I would be more than happy to make arrangements for someone to visit you at your facilities to demonstrate the instrument. If this is of interest to you please let me know by email at aaron.greenbank@olympusndt.com and I will be happy to make these arrangments. Incidentally, we also have some excellent training materials and technical support available, this too can be discussed in detail if you wish.

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.

I have attached a link to the MS5800 section of our website for your attention.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Friends,
: Iam planing to buy one MS5800 Multiscan equipment. i got lots of information from friends. some oen saying its good other saying its usless. iam very fresh in this equipment. please help me to sort it out this matter.
: 1. Eddy current testing for tubing (SS) and RFET for CS tubes. ( is that possible to do both with this equipment? also we have some welding joints for Eddy current.
: 2. MFL inspection for pipline corrosion inspection and tank floor scanning possible with this equipment?
: 3. UT corrosion inspection possible? mainly XY scanning?
: 4. is this equipment is user friendly?
------------ End Original Message ------------

RT. Jeyakumar
RT. Jeyakumar
04:55 Jul-02-2008
Good day MJ,

No doubt about it. MS 5800 is real multiscan equipment, I was using for ET, RFT, IRIS (Tubes). Excellant performance and user friendly.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

RT. Jeyakumar

: Iam planing to buy one MS5800 Multiscan equipment. i got lots of information from friends. some oen saying its good other saying its usless. iam very fresh in this equipment. please help me to sort it out this matter.
: 1. Eddy current testing for tubing (SS) and RFET for CS tubes. ( is that possible to do both with this equipment? also we have some welding joints for Eddy current.
: 2. MFL inspection for pipline corrosion inspection and tank floor scanning possible with this equipment?

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 517

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
08:34 Jul-02-2008
First an explanation:
Sales arrangements for the MS5800 are slightly ununusual - It is sold through Olympus for most applications, but through Zetec for Power Generation and Service companies doing Power Generation work. So we sell the MS5800 in the UK.

Its a very good and capable piece of equipment, and our customers like it. I wouldn't call it 'user friendly' in that its not a piece of equipment for the casual user, But given what it does its pretty good in that respect.

It comes in different configurations, I'm assuming you would want the Tube inspection setup, which can include standard Eddy Current, RFT, MFL and IRIS.

For XY Scanning it is not really appropriate. use a PC based system suitable for your application - Is is a tank or an external corrosion type scanner? In either case its the mechanical hardware that is most important and the Software & instrumentation needs to work with it. Again I'd be happy to help.

Joe Buckley
Sonatest Ltd

mj
mj
09:20 Jul-02-2008
Thanks for your instant comment. sure i will coem back to you for more details
Regards

: Dear Sir,
: My name is Aaron Greenbank, I am the Product Manager for the MS5800, based in Quebec City, Canada. I would like to answer your questions if I may.
: Point 1 - The MS5800 is a very flexible instrument, you can indeed do ECT and RFT with the same unit, in fact, you can also have MFL and UT/IRIS onboard the same instrument.
: Point 2 - You can do UT corrosion inspection with this unit, however, we do offer better options for this application than the MS5800 if you would like to discuss further.
: Point 3 - As for the User Friendly aspect, my answer would of course be yes it is, however, if you would like to see this for yourself, I would be more than happy to make arrangements for someone to visit you at your facilities to demonstrate the instrument. If this is of interest to you please let me know by email at aaron.greenbank@olympusndt.com and I will be happy to make these arrangments. Incidentally, we also have some excellent training materials and technical support available, this too can be discussed in detail if you wish.
: I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.
: I have attached a link to the MS5800 section of our website for your attention.
:
: : Dear Friends,
: : Iam planing to buy one MS5800 Multiscan equipment. i got lots of information from friends. some oen saying its good other saying its usless. iam very fresh in this equipment. please help me to sort it out this matter.
: : 1. Eddy current testing for tubing (SS) and RFET for CS tubes. ( is that possible to do both with this equipment? also we have some welding joints for Eddy current.
: : 2. MFL inspection for pipline corrosion inspection and tank floor scanning possible with this equipment?
: : 3. UT corrosion inspection possible? mainly XY scanning?
: : 4. is this equipment is user friendly?
------------ EndOriginal Message ------------

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Webinar: FMC & Advanced Focusing Techniques for Improved Ultrasonic Inspections

Phased array ultrasound is now a commonly accepted inspection technology. Now there is excitement ar
ound new techniques in Phased Array: Full Matrix Capture (FMC) & Total Focusing Method (TFM). Our webinar on December 5 & 6 will illustrate how these techniques, implemented on a TOPAZ64 instrument, can improve the results of existing inspections. Register today.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s