where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
MS5800
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Eddyfi
Pursuing and developing eddy current array (ECA) technology to its full potential.

03:23 Jul-01-2008
mj
MS5800

Dear Friends,
Iam planing to buy one MS5800 Multiscan equipment. i got lots of information from friends. some oen saying its good other saying its usless. iam very fresh in this equipment. please help me to sort it out this matter.
1. Eddy current testing for tubing (SS) and RFET for CS tubes. ( is that possible to do both with this equipment? also we have some welding joints for Eddy current.

2. MFL inspection for pipline corrosion inspection and tank floor scanning possible with this equipment?

3. UT corrosion inspection possible? mainly XY scanning?

4. is this equipment is user friendly?

05:45 Jul-01-2008
Aaron Greenbank
Re: MS5800 Dear Sir,

My name is Aaron Greenbank, I am the Product Manager for the MS5800, based in Quebec City, Canada. I would like to answer your questions if I may.

Point 1 - The MS5800 is a very flexible instrument, you can indeed do ECT and RFT with the same unit, in fact, you can also have MFL and UT/IRIS onboard the same instrument.

Point 2 - You can do UT corrosion inspection with this unit, however, we do offer better options for this application than the MS5800 if you would like to discuss further.

Point 3 - As for the User Friendly aspect, my answer would of course be yes it is, however, if you would like to see this for yourself, I would be more than happy to make arrangements for someone to visit you at your facilities to demonstrate the instrument. If this is of interest to you please let me know by email at aaron.greenbank@olympusndt.com and I will be happy to make these arrangments. Incidentally, we also have some excellent training materials and technical support available, this too can be discussed in detail if you wish.

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.

I have attached a link to the MS5800 section of our website for your attention.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Friends,
: Iam planing to buy one MS5800 Multiscan equipment. i got lots of information from friends. some oen saying its good other saying its usless. iam very fresh in this equipment. please help me to sort it out this matter.
: 1. Eddy current testing for tubing (SS) and RFET for CS tubes. ( is that possible to do both with this equipment? also we have some welding joints for Eddy current.
: 2. MFL inspection for pipline corrosion inspection and tank floor scanning possible with this equipment?
: 3. UT corrosion inspection possible? mainly XY scanning?
: 4. is this equipment is user friendly?
------------ End Original Message ------------

04:55 Jul-02-2008
RT. Jeyakumar
Re: MS5800 Good day MJ,

No doubt about it. MS 5800 is real multiscan equipment, I was using for ET, RFT, IRIS (Tubes). Excellant performance and user friendly.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

RT. Jeyakumar

: Iam planing to buy one MS5800 Multiscan equipment. i got lots of information from friends. some oen saying its good other saying its usless. iam very fresh in this equipment. please help me to sort it out this matter.
: 1. Eddy current testing for tubing (SS) and RFET for CS tubes. ( is that possible to do both with this equipment? also we have some welding joints for Eddy current.
: 2. MFL inspection for pipline corrosion inspection and tank floor scanning possible with this equipment?

08:34 Jul-02-2008

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: MS5800 First an explanation:
Sales arrangements for the MS5800 are slightly ununusual - It is sold through Olympus for most applications, but through Zetec for Power Generation and Service companies doing Power Generation work. So we sell the MS5800 in the UK.

Its a very good and capable piece of equipment, and our customers like it. I wouldn't call it 'user friendly' in that its not a piece of equipment for the casual user, But given what it does its pretty good in that respect.

It comes in different configurations, I'm assuming you would want the Tube inspection setup, which can include standard Eddy Current, RFT, MFL and IRIS.

For XY Scanning it is not really appropriate. use a PC based system suitable for your application - Is is a tank or an external corrosion type scanner? In either case its the mechanical hardware that is most important and the Software & instrumentation needs to work with it. Again I'd be happy to help.

Joe Buckley
Sonatest Ltd

09:20 Jul-02-2008
mj
Re: MS5800 Thanks for your instant comment. sure i will coem back to you for more details
Regards

: Dear Sir,
: My name is Aaron Greenbank, I am the Product Manager for the MS5800, based in Quebec City, Canada. I would like to answer your questions if I may.
: Point 1 - The MS5800 is a very flexible instrument, you can indeed do ECT and RFT with the same unit, in fact, you can also have MFL and UT/IRIS onboard the same instrument.
: Point 2 - You can do UT corrosion inspection with this unit, however, we do offer better options for this application than the MS5800 if you would like to discuss further.
: Point 3 - As for the User Friendly aspect, my answer would of course be yes it is, however, if you would like to see this for yourself, I would be more than happy to make arrangements for someone to visit you at your facilities to demonstrate the instrument. If this is of interest to you please let me know by email at aaron.greenbank@olympusndt.com and I will be happy to make these arrangments. Incidentally, we also have some excellent training materials and technical support available, this too can be discussed in detail if you wish.
: I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to contact me for more information.
: I have attached a link to the MS5800 section of our website for your attention.
:
: : Dear Friends,
: : Iam planing to buy one MS5800 Multiscan equipment. i got lots of information from friends. some oen saying its good other saying its usless. iam very fresh in this equipment. please help me to sort it out this matter.
: : 1. Eddy current testing for tubing (SS) and RFET for CS tubes. ( is that possible to do both with this equipment? also we have some welding joints for Eddy current.
: : 2. MFL inspection for pipline corrosion inspection and tank floor scanning possible with this equipment?
: : 3. UT corrosion inspection possible? mainly XY scanning?
: : 4. is this equipment is user friendly?
------------ EndOriginal Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|