where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Trending software
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

VOGT Ultrasonics GmbH
non-destructive testing, services, training, ultrasonic systems, immersion and squirter inspection systems, PROline, digital radiology

04:47 Jul-09-2008
Iridiumman
Trending software

I am trying to find some information about trending and life expectancy software packages for boiler and pipelines. Are there any off the shelf packages out there that will take thickness data from the NDT inspection over a period of time and do some trending and predict how the pipes will look like in 6 months?

03:56 Jul-11-2008
Ryan Burns
Re: Trending software ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I am trying to find some information about trending and life expectancy software packages for boiler and pipelines. Are there any off the shelf packages out there that will take thickness data from the NDT inspection over a period of time and do some trending and predict how the pipes will look like in 6 months?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Iridium,

There are no "off the shelf" software packages that exist to my knowledge. Many trending and life expectancy software suites are available through their proprietary developers, such as UltraPIPE (Berwanger), Visions (Metegrity), and PCMS (Conam), to name a few. While they all have great features and are well worth the cost for a very encompassing and proactive approach to RBI and failure prediction, they are costly. If you are simply looking to predict life expectancy of a few pipelines or boiler tubes, it is quite easy to build an excel spreadsheet using established ST/LTCR calculations found in API 510/570 codes. Hope this helps.

Ryan.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|