where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
AS 1065
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

09:47 Jul-10-2008
Charles Truskolasky
AS 1065

Does anyone have a copy of AS 1065. Is the recording level listed in table 3.1 as Level 1, 2, or 3, the acceptance level? I have one page of the specification covering paragraphs 3.7 thru 3.8.4 and the acceptance/rejection criteria are not clear?

02:56 Jul-12-2008

collin maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
Re: AS 1065 ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone have a copy of AS 1065. Is the recording level listed in table 3.1 as Level 1, 2, or 3, the acceptance level? I have one page of the specification covering paragraphs 3.7 thru 3.8.4 and the acceptance/rejection criteria are not clear?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Charles,
The levels mentioned in table 3.1 are a method of discontinuity classification based on amplitude. The acceptance criteria is that specified in the relavent product standard or purchase order.
If you require a copy of AS 1065, send me an email.

Regards
Collin

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|