where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
About Epoch LTC
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Mammon Technologies LLP
1-Stop Shop for all your NDT Needs. Radiography, GPR, Thermography and acoustic devices. We sell worldwide. We train worldwide. We support worldwide.

03:09 Jul-22-2008
Anders
About Epoch LTC

Anybody can help me with some information about this equipment if it is good and how many points I can make during DAC curve.
Thanks.

04:51 Jul-22-2008

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: About Epoch LTC The maximum number of points that you can program into the Epoch LTC's DAC curves is 50.

As to whether it's any good, well, WE like it. :-) If you would like to let me know where you are located, I would be happy to put you in touch with a local representative who can arrange a demonstration.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Anybody can help me with some information about this equipment if it is good and how many points I can make during DAC curve.
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

07:24 Jul-22-2008

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: About Epoch LTC I'm always wary of criticising the competition, and the LTC looks a nice litle unit. (I've never played with it seriously) but I can't help feeling that the display is just a tiny bit small for effective use of a 50 point curve...

Sounds like a typical marketing requirement, must fit in the pocket and have a 37-inch screen

Good luck

Joe

---------- Start Original Message -----------
: The maximum number of points that you can program into the Epoch LTC's DAC curves is 50.
: As to whether it's any good, well, WE like it. :-) If you would like to let me know where you are located, I would be happy to put you in touch with a local representative who can arrange a demonstration.
:
: : Anybody can help me with some information about this equipment if it is good and how many points I can make during DAC curve.
: : Thanks.

00:50 Jul-23-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: About Epoch LTC Good One Joe and how true! What burns me is that lots of manufacturers try to make instruments easy to handle for right hand people. It sucks! Or am I a little prejudice.

Cheerios,
Michel

: I'm always wary of criticising the competition, and the LTC looks a nice litle unit. (I've never played with it seriously) but I can't help feeling that the display is just a tiny bit small for effective use of a 50 point curve...
: Sounds like a typical marketing requirement, must fit in the pocket and have a 37-inch screen
: Good luck
: Joe
: ---------- Start Original Message -----------
: : The maximum number of points that you can program into the Epoch LTC's DAC curves is 50.
: : As to whether it's any good, well, WE like it. :-) If you would like to let me know where you are located, I would be happy to put you in touch with a local representative who can arrange a demonstration.
: :
: : : Anybody can help me with some information about this equipment if it is good and how many points I can make during DAC curve.
: : : Thanks.

09:16 Jul-23-2008

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: About Epoch LTC In response to Joe's comments, I have had a "short play" with one of these instruments. I agree that the screen is a bit small, but it is designed to be a smaller and more portable version of the Epoch 4 and Epoch XT. If a bigger screen is needed, then the bigger instrument should be chosen.
Having said that, the "up to 50 DAC points" is a lot, but nobody is ever going to use that many.

Godfrey Hands
: I'm always wary of criticising the competition, and the LTC looks a nice litle unit. (I've never played with it seriously) but I can't help feeling that the display is just a tiny bit small for effective use of a 50 point curve...
: Sounds like a typical marketing requirement, must fit in the pocket and have a 37-inch screen
: Good luck
: Joe
: ---------- Start Original Message -----------
: : The maximum number of points that you can program into the Epoch LTC's DAC curves is 50.
: : As to whether it's any good, well, WE like it. :-) If you would like to let me know where you are located, I would be happy to put you in touch with a local representative who can arrange a demonstration.
: :
: : : Anybody can help me with some information about this equipment if it is good and how many points I can make during DAC curve.
: : : Thanks.

01:43 Aug-22-2008

David Hermanutz

Consultant,
Hbndt.com,
China,
Joined Jul 2012
Re: About Epoch LTC ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Good One Joe and how true! What burns me is that lots of manufacturers try to make instruments easy to handle for right hand people. It sucks! Or am I a little prejudice.
: Cheerios,
: Michel
: : I'm always wary of criticising the competition, and the LTC looks a nice litle unit. (I've never played with it seriously) but I can't help feeling that the display is just a tiny bit small for effective use of a 50 point curve...
: : Sounds like a typical marketing requirement, must fit in the pocket and have a 37-inch screen
: : Good luck
: : Joe
: : ---------- Start Original Message -----------
: : : The maximum number of points that you can program into the Epoch LTC's DAC curves is 50.
: : : As to whether it's any good, well, WE like it. :-) If you would like to let me know where you are located, I would be happy to put you in touch with a local representative who can arrange a demonstration.
: : :
: : : : Anybody can help me with some information about this equipment if it is good and how many points I can make during DAC curve.
: : : : Thanks.

It's a Lefty Revolt! Hide your Children!

17:26 Nov-15-2014
Chaitanya Vasanthavada
Re: About Epoch LTC In Reply to David Hermanutz at 01:43 Aug-22-2008 .

No doubt that Epoch LTC is an excellent machine for UT. I am a bit confused in drawing DAC.
Can you explain the process of it.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|