where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Jhon Possu
Jhon Possu
00:26 Jul-22-2008
Need Focused Transducers!

Dear Everybody,
I am looking for a couple of focused transducers; but so far the best lead time I have found is about 12 weeks.
Do you have any idea where can I get them faster?
The main specs are:
I want to generate intensity in the order of 300-400 w/cm2 at the focus.
Frequency: between 1 and 2 MHz
Focal Distance: 2-3"
Low Damping
Diameter: 1 Inch
Beamwidth: about 0.06"

Thank you very much for your help.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 831

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
00:53 Jul-23-2008
Re: Need Focused Transducers!
Hi John,

I think with your requirement it is to be expected. Hope someone come through for you.

Michel
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Everybody,
: I am looking for a couple of focused transducers; but so far the best lead time I have found is about 12 weeks.
: Do you have any idea where can I get them faster?
: The main specs are:
: I want to generate intensity in the order of 300-400 w/cm2 at the focus.
: Frequency: between 1 and 2 MHz
: Focal Distance: 2-3"
: Low Damping
: Diameter: 1 Inch
: Beamwidth: about 0.06"
: Thank you very much for your help.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Michiel Engel
Michiel Engel
00:57 Jul-24-2008
Re: Need Focused Transducers!
Dear Mr Possu,

We might be able to meet your specs. Please, contact me for further discussion at probes@applusrtd.com.

With best regards,
Michiel Engel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Everybody,
: I am looking for a couple of focused transducers; but so far the best lead time I have found is about 12 weeks.
: Do you have any idea where can I get them faster?
: The main specs are:
: I want to generate intensity in the order of 300-400 w/cm2 at the focus.
: Frequency: between 1 and 2 MHz
: Focal Distance: 2-3"
: Low Damping
: Diameter: 1 Inch
: Beamwidth: about 0.06"
: Thank you very much for your help.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

IntraPhase Athena Phased Array System

The Athena Phased Array system, manufactured by WesDyne NDE Products & Technology, consists of a pha
sed array acquisition system and PC running IntraSpect software. A PC is used to perform acquisition, analysis and storage of the data. System hardware is capable of operating up to four data sets with any combination of phased array or conventional UT probes. NOW AVAILABLE IN 64-64 CONFIGURATION.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window