where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Jhon Possu
Jhon Possu
00:26 Jul-22-2008
Need Focused Transducers!

Dear Everybody,
I am looking for a couple of focused transducers; but so far the best lead time I have found is about 12 weeks.
Do you have any idea where can I get them faster?
The main specs are:
I want to generate intensity in the order of 300-400 w/cm2 at the focus.
Frequency: between 1 and 2 MHz
Focal Distance: 2-3"
Low Damping
Diameter: 1 Inch
Beamwidth: about 0.06"

Thank you very much for your help.

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 891

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
00:53 Jul-23-2008
Re: Need Focused Transducers!
Hi John,

I think with your requirement it is to be expected. Hope someone come through for you.

Michel
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Everybody,
: I am looking for a couple of focused transducers; but so far the best lead time I have found is about 12 weeks.
: Do you have any idea where can I get them faster?
: The main specs are:
: I want to generate intensity in the order of 300-400 w/cm2 at the focus.
: Frequency: between 1 and 2 MHz
: Focal Distance: 2-3"
: Low Damping
: Diameter: 1 Inch
: Beamwidth: about 0.06"
: Thank you very much for your help.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Michiel Engel
Michiel Engel
00:57 Jul-24-2008
Re: Need Focused Transducers!
Dear Mr Possu,

We might be able to meet your specs. Please, contact me for further discussion at probes@applusrtd.com.

With best regards,
Michiel Engel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear Everybody,
: I am looking for a couple of focused transducers; but so far the best lead time I have found is about 12 weeks.
: Do you have any idea where can I get them faster?
: The main specs are:
: I want to generate intensity in the order of 300-400 w/cm2 at the focus.
: Frequency: between 1 and 2 MHz
: Focal Distance: 2-3"
: Low Damping
: Diameter: 1 Inch
: Beamwidth: about 0.06"
: Thank you very much for your help.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Portable Ground Penetrating Radar - Proceq GP8000

The Proceq GP8000 portable ground penetrating radar instrument is the beginning of a new era in ND
T. The outstanding, patented ultra- wideband technology combined with a compact wireless probe delivers unmatched industry performance. Proceq GP8000 is the world’s first large-scale inspection solution that utilizes Augmented Reality in industrial applications.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window