where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
High Temperature Thickness Measurements
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:30 Jul-28-2008

Collin Maloney

NDT Inspector, - Plant Inspector
Applus RTD,
Australia,
Joined Nov 2000
High Temperature Thickness Measurements

Hi, I'm looking into availability of commercially produced ultrasonic probes capable of being permanently mounted onto inaccessible pipe locations. They need to be connected to either a flaw detector or datalogger. The pipe is operating at 170 deg C and the inspection interval is monthly.

01:49 Jul-29-2008

Sang Kim

Consultant, NDT Trainer
Guided Wave Analysis LLC,
USA,
Joined Feb 2008
Re: High Temperature Thickness Measurements If you want to find the wall thinning in elbow part or corrosion in pipeline, you can use high-temperature guided wave probe that works at 300 deg C and is permanently mounted onto inaccessible pipe locations. That system and probe are commercially available. Please refer this website for more information (
http://www.gwanalysis.com/guided-wave-monitoring.html). If the corroded region is located inside pipe support, you can use plate probe for generating ultrasonic wave along circumferential direction and monitoring the defect growth of pipe inside the pipe support.

For the measurement example of guided wave monitoring of wall thinning using the guided wave probe, please refer the paper named “Guided Wave Pipe Inspection and Monitoring System,” that is available this website (http://www.mhi.co.jp/en/technology/review/pdf/e423/e423138.pdf). If you need more information, please email me.

Sincerely,

Sang
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, I'm looking into availability of commercially produced ultrasonic probes capable of being permanently mounted onto inaccessible pipe locations. They need to be connected to either a flaw detector or datalogger. The pipe is operating at 170 deg C and the inspection interval is monthly.
------------ End Original Message ------------

01:07 Aug-11-2008
John Cuffe
Re: High Temperature Thickness Measurements ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi, I'm looking into availability of commercially produced ultrasonic probes capable of being permanently mounted onto inaccessible pipe locations. They need to be connected to either a flaw detector or datalogger. The pipe is operating at 170 deg C and the inspection interval is monthly.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Hi. If you still have this need please contact me. We have developed probes for permanent attachment to pipes at up to 300C.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|