where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Anderson
Anderson
08:05 Aug-07-2008
UT inspection in railway axles

Hi everyboy. Could anyone help me? what kind of specification I can use to inspect this material with conventional UT and if anybody has it to send me by email?
Thanks.

andersonarp@gmail.com

Rolf Diederichs
Director, Editor
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 603

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:40 Aug-07-2008
Re: UT inspection in railway axles
Was it just by chance that this topic raised while NDT.net prepared for the August issue a focus on this topic?!
Because in Germany happened an incidence we prepared information. A defective axle caused one of the high-speed trains to derail in July at Cologne's main station.
For this incidence we will soon open a new discussion topic in this forum.

If you use the keyword search "Train axle" you will find 37 articles of this subject
http://www.ndt.net/search/docs.php3?KeywordID=2105

More broad just "railway" you will find 151 articles
http://www.ndt.net/search/docs.php3?KeywordID=312

The following article gives a comprehensive review
NDT for Safety
November 07–09, 2007, Prague, Czech Republic
EVALUATION OF DEFECTS AND CRACKS IN CARRIAGE AXLES USING NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
Viktor Jemec, Jože Jurman, Janez Grum
http://www.ndt.net/article/ENDTdays2007/nde_for_safety/13.pdf

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi everyboy. Could anyone help me? what kind of specification I can use to inspect this material with conventional UT and if anybody has it to send me by email?
: Thanks.
: andersonarp@gmail.com
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Exertus Dual 120

The Exertus Dual 120 Projector has the ability to accept Iridium 192 sources or Selenium 75 source
s. This projector incorporates design and safety features that make it flexible, compact and lightweight. The Projector is lighter than most of its competitors. It incorporates an improved source channel, based on a new helicoidal design, which makes maintenance easier. The helicoidal design also allows smoother movement of the source assembly inside the device, making it easier for the operator and improving safety. The Projector also has a unique safety feature not found in competitive products. The source assembly locking mechanism is triggered by the source holder capsule at the front of the source assembly, thereby always assuring the operator that the source has returned to the safe position. The Exertus Dual 120 is ISO3999:2004 compliant.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built in \r\nbattery and internal wireless c
ommunication, the NEOS III is perfect \r\nfor users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window