where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Ahmad Sawalha
Ahmad Sawalha
03:02 Aug-24-2008
MPI Equipment

Dear,

i would like to buy MPI kit, may i have help about issuing the suitable specifications for??
Knowing that i dealing with titanium, nickle, stainless steel, monel, and alumnium

Regards

Godfrey Hands
Engineering,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 291

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
03:47 Aug-24-2008
Re: MPI Equipment

Dear Ahmad,
MPI equipment will only work on Ferromagnetic materials.
Titanium, Nickle, Stainless Steel, Monel and Aluminium CANNOT be tested with MPI.
You need to use Penetrant technique for that.
You also need to know the specification that you need to test to. This determines what penetrant materials and techniques are necessary.

Normally you would also need training and certification before starting any NDT. Any trained operator should know that MPI will not test the materials you mention in your message.
There are many NDT training sources, and I recommend that you investigate one near to you.
Regards,

Godfrey Hands

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear,
: i would like to buy MPI kit, may i have help about issuing the suitable specifications for??
: Knowing that i dealing with titanium, nickle, stainless steel, monel, and alumnium
: Regards
------------ End Original Message ------------

Navita
Navita
00:36 Aug-25-2008
Re: MPI Equipment
Dear Ahmad,
In continuation to what Mr. Godfrey Hands wrote, with PT you can detect only surface breaking defects. For the materials you have written, You can use Eddy current for surface/ sub surface upto 4mm and Ultrasonics for volumetric analysis.
Kindly revert for clarifications.
----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Dear Ahmad,
: MPI equipment will only work on Ferromagnetic materials.
: Titanium, Nickle, Stainless Steel, Monel and Aluminium CANNOT be tested with MPI.
: You need to use Penetrant technique for that.
: You also need to know the specification that you need to test to. This determines what penetrant materials and techniques are necessary.
: Normally you would also need training and certification before starting any NDT. Any trained operator should know that MPI will not test the materials you mention in your message.
: There are many NDT training sources, and I recommend that you investigate one near to you.
: Regards,
: Godfrey Hands
: : Dear,
: : i would like to buy MPI kit, may i have help about issuing the suitable specifications for??
: : Knowing that i dealing with titanium, nickle, stainless steel, monel, and alumnium
: : Regards
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Webinar: Improving Heat Exchanger Inspection Analysis

Zetec will host a webinar on automated analysis software for more effective heat exchanger inspectio
ns in power generation, oil & gas, pharmaceutical manufacturing & other applications. Register now. We will demonstrate how to reduce inefficiencies from legacy acquisition techniques so analysts can focus on identifying signals of interest, evaluating them & making confident decisions.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window