where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

FI Test- und Messtechnik GmbH

Technical Discussions
wang
wang
07:54 Aug-25-2008
who can tell me this formula's unit?

who can tell me this formula's unit?
N=V/£¨15.16F sin2(¦Ã)), { british standard [BS EN 12668-2:2001]}
N:nearfied length unit=?
V:sound velocity of the circular transducer unit=?
¦Ã:divergence unit=?
F:centre frequency unit=?
15.16: ?

Navita
Navita
00:32 Aug-25-2008
Re: who can tell me this formula's unit?
All dimensions for calculation are in mm for length/ distance, Hz for frequency and seconds for time.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: who can tell me this formula's unit?
: N=V/£¨15.16F sin2(¦Ã)), { british standard [BS EN 12668-2:2001]}
: N:nearfied length unit=?
: V:sound velocity of the circular transducer unit=?
: ¦Ã:divergence unit=?
: F:centre frequency unit=?
: 15.16: ?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 174

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
06:27 Aug-25-2008
Re: who can tell me this formula's unit?
The explanations by Navita on equation A.1 of European Standard EN 12668-2 are correct.

If you use mm/s for velocity and cycles/s = Hz for frequency you get mm for the near field length. The factor 15.16 and sin2(gamma) are dimensionless.

Please note, that the velocity of the block is addressed, not the velocity of the transducer.

Udo Schlengermann
Convener CEN/TC138/WG2

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: who can tell me this formula's unit?
: N=V/£¨15.16F sin2(¦Ã)), { british standard [BS EN 12668-2:2001]}
: N:nearfied length unit=?
: V:sound velocity of the circular transducer unit=?
: ¦Ã:divergence unit=?
: F:centre frequency unit=?
: 15.16: ?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

Ceram 35P (Panoramic)

The Ceram 35P is the panoramic brand new portable generators designed by Balteau NDT and is offeri
ng no less than 300kV, 5mA and 100% duty cycle for an incredible image contrast even at full power. It will will surely become a reference as it can be classified as a high power portable unit and can be operated with our CF2000 control unit but also with our well known Hand-X Wireless Remote Control.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s