where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EKOSCAN
EKOSCAN is a French manufacturer specialized in equipment for ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing: Probes,UT boards & Scanners tailored for your needs
Technical Discussions
wang
wang
07:54 Aug-25-2008
who can tell me this formula's unit?

who can tell me this formula's unit?
N=V/£¨15.16F sin2(¦Ã)), { british standard [BS EN 12668-2:2001]}
N:nearfied length unit=?
V:sound velocity of the circular transducer unit=?
¦Ã:divergence unit=?
F:centre frequency unit=?
15.16: ?

Navita
Navita
00:32 Aug-25-2008
Re: who can tell me this formula's unit?
All dimensions for calculation are in mm for length/ distance, Hz for frequency and seconds for time.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: who can tell me this formula's unit?
: N=V/£¨15.16F sin2(¦Ã)), { british standard [BS EN 12668-2:2001]}
: N:nearfied length unit=?
: V:sound velocity of the circular transducer unit=?
: ¦Ã:divergence unit=?
: F:centre frequency unit=?
: 15.16: ?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 178

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
06:27 Aug-25-2008
Re: who can tell me this formula's unit?
The explanations by Navita on equation A.1 of European Standard EN 12668-2 are correct.

If you use mm/s for velocity and cycles/s = Hz for frequency you get mm for the near field length. The factor 15.16 and sin2(gamma) are dimensionless.

Please note, that the velocity of the block is addressed, not the velocity of the transducer.

Udo Schlengermann
Convener CEN/TC138/WG2

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: who can tell me this formula's unit?
: N=V/£¨15.16F sin2(¦Ã)), { british standard [BS EN 12668-2:2001]}
: N:nearfied length unit=?
: V:sound velocity of the circular transducer unit=?
: ¦Ã:divergence unit=?
: F:centre frequency unit=?
: 15.16: ?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window