where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
We are searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques - in creation of new products

Technical Discussions
Qaisar Abbas
Engineering, Inspection ENgineer
Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited, Pakistan, Joined May 2008, 7

Qaisar Abbas

Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited,
Pakistan,
Joined May 2008
09:00 Aug-30-2008
Inspection of Furnace Radiant Tubes

Dear All,

I want to get a "benchmark inspection data" for the inspection techniques employed on Furnace Radiant / Catalyst Tubes in chemical industries.

For starting , here is the data at our plant:

Company: Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited
Furnace Type: Terrase type Reforming Furnace
Furnace Make: Foster Wheeler
Inspection Type: Ultrasonic (Conam) for creep detection

You all are requested to please share your data with me.

Hoping for your cooperation,

Regards
Qaisar Abbas
Inspection Engineer
qabbas@engro.com

Qaisar
Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited, Pakistan, Joined May 2008, 7

Qaisar

Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited,
Pakistan,
Joined May 2008
05:36 Sep-06-2008
Re: Inspection of Furnace Radiant Tubes
Dear All,

In continuation with my following massage, I want to know the means of calucating the remaining life calculation of Furnace Radiant Tubes.

How we can assess the remaining life of the tubes?

regards

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear All,
: I want to get a "benchmark inspection data" for the inspection techniques employed on Furnace Radiant / Catalyst Tubes in chemical industries.
: For starting , here is the data at our plant:
: Company: Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited
: Furnace Type: Terrase type Reforming Furnace
: Furnace Make: Foster Wheeler
: Inspection Type: Ultrasonic (Conam) for creep detection
: You all are requested to please share your data with me.
: Hoping for your cooperation,
: Regards
: Qaisar Abbas
: Inspection Engineer
: qabbas@engro.com
------------ End Original Message ------------

Rich Roberts
Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 78

Rich Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
06:37 Sep-08-2008
Re: Inspection of Furnace Radiant Tubes
Good Day Mr. Qaisar Abbas,

The combined use of LOTIS and LifeQuest-Reformer can provide both inspection and remaining life calculations for the radiant tubes in your Steam Reformer. LOTIS has been applied as a reliable reformer tube inspection program for well over a decade, with +150,000 tubes inspected to date. LifeQuest-Reformer has also been applied to calculate remaining life assessments on reformer tubes. You can contact the senior metallurgist, Charles Thomas in charge of these programs at C.Thomas@QuestReliability.com.

Regards, Rich

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear All,
: In continuation with my following massage, I want to know the means of calucating the remaining life calculation of Furnace Radiant Tubes.
: How we can assess the remaining life of the tubes?
: regards
:
: : Dear All,
: : I want to get a "benchmark inspection data" for the inspection techniques employed on Furnace Radiant / Catalyst Tubes in chemical industries.
: : For starting , here is the data at our plant:
: : Company: Engro Chemical Pakistan Limited
: : Furnace Type: Terrase type Reforming Furnace
: : Furnace Make: Foster Wheeler
: : Inspection Type: Ultrasonic (Conam) for creep detection
: : You all are requested to please share your data with me.
: : Hoping for your cooperation,
: : Regards
: : Qaisar Abbas
: : Inspection Engineer
: : qabbas@engro.com
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s