where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NDTSS - Non Destructive Testing Society of Singapore
Visit us at SINCE 2019
Technical Discussions
Sonny Dant
Sonny Dant
01:06 Apr-21-1998
Degassing of viscous liquids

Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

Wieslaw Bicz (Optel)
Wieslaw Bicz (Optel)
00:50 Apr-22-1998
Re: Degassing of viscous liquids
We are using this method in water. It works very good. Only what you need is power ultrasound. We can deliver the necessary devices.

Yosi Bar-Cohen
R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL), USA, Joined Nov 1998, 26

Yosi Bar-Cohen

R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL),
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:05 Apr-22-1998
: Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

: Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

Ultrasonic wave can be used to cause motion in liquids in the direction of
the propagating wave. This phenomenon is called streaming and some people
is using it to make liquid pumps. Unfortunately, at the levels that this
phenomenon occurs cavitation can also occur which will lead to accumulation
of air bubbles. I am not in town right now so I don't have a good access
to my references but a good high power ultrasonics book will do it. One
example I can think of is the book by Ensminger.

Yosi Bar-Cohen

http://ndeaa.jpl.nasa.gov/
JPL's Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) and Advanced Actuators (AA) Web-hub

D Mellon
D Mellon
00:12 Feb-04-2000
Why not run the fluid through a vaccum chamber to remove all gasses and moisture?
Procedure used for electrical HV transformers quite often.

mike
mike
07:32 Feb-22-2000
: Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

: Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

mike
mike
07:34 Feb-22-2000

what are you exactly trying to do write me and i can help you . my E-Mail sddress is skyblue117 @ aol . com

MD AFENDI
MD AFENDI
01:40 Feb-28-2002
I am a phd student, strathclyde university,glasgow, working on continous degassing process of viscous fluid, we do have very big similarity in this area, in my study, the answer is more in the fluid itself, i wish to hear more about your study before i could give somethings beneficial.

Product Spotlight

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 32 or 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 32 or 64-channel
phased array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window