where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Sonny Dant
Sonny Dant
01:06 Apr-21-1998
Degassing of viscous liquids

Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

Wieslaw Bicz (Optel)
Engineering,
PBP Optel sp. z o.o., Poland, Joined Feb 2009, 276

Wieslaw Bicz (Optel)

Engineering,
PBP Optel sp. z o.o.,
Poland,
Joined Feb 2009
00:50 Apr-22-1998
Re: Degassing of viscous liquids
We are using this method in water. It works very good. Only what you need is power ultrasound. We can deliver the necessary devices.

Yosi Bar-Cohen
R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL), USA, Joined Nov 1998, 26

Yosi Bar-Cohen

R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL),
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:05 Apr-22-1998
: Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

: Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

Ultrasonic wave can be used to cause motion in liquids in the direction of
the propagating wave. This phenomenon is called streaming and some people
is using it to make liquid pumps. Unfortunately, at the levels that this
phenomenon occurs cavitation can also occur which will lead to accumulation
of air bubbles. I am not in town right now so I don't have a good access
to my references but a good high power ultrasonics book will do it. One
example I can think of is the book by Ensminger.

Yosi Bar-Cohen

http://ndeaa.jpl.nasa.gov/
JPL's Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) and Advanced Actuators (AA) Web-hub

D Mellon
D Mellon
00:12 Feb-04-2000
Why not run the fluid through a vaccum chamber to remove all gasses and moisture?
Procedure used for electrical HV transformers quite often.

mike
mike
07:32 Feb-22-2000
: Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

: Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

mike
mike
07:34 Feb-22-2000

what are you exactly trying to do write me and i can help you . my E-Mail sddress is skyblue117 @ aol . com

MD AFENDI
MD AFENDI
01:40 Feb-28-2002
I am a phd student, strathclyde university,glasgow, working on continous degassing process of viscous fluid, we do have very big similarity in this area, in my study, the answer is more in the fluid itself, i wish to hear more about your study before i could give somethings beneficial.

Product Spotlight

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

YXLON Cougar EVO

Scalable small footprint X-ray inspection systems for assembly and laboratory applications. The
YXLON Cougar EVO series was designed to provide the "best-in- class" inspection solutions for SMT, semiconductor, and laboratory assembly applications, while maintaining a small system footprint for maximum convenience. With optimized software and hardware, these systems produce higher quality and more consistent results than other electronics inspection systems currently on the market.
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window