where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Degassing of viscous liquids
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:06 Apr-21-1998
Sonny Dant
Degassing of viscous liquids

Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

00:50 Apr-22-1998
Wieslaw Bicz (Optel)
Re: Degassing of viscous liquids We are using this method in water. It works very good. Only what you need is power ultrasound. We can deliver the necessary devices.

05:05 Apr-22-1998

Yosi Bar-Cohen

R & D,
Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL),
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Degassing of viscous liquids : Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

: Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

Ultrasonic wave can be used to cause motion in liquids in the direction of
the propagating wave. This phenomenon is called streaming and some people
is using it to make liquid pumps. Unfortunately, at the levels that this
phenomenon occurs cavitation can also occur which will lead to accumulation
of air bubbles. I am not in town right now so I don't have a good access
to my references but a good high power ultrasonics book will do it. One
example I can think of is the book by Ensminger.

Yosi Bar-Cohen

http://ndeaa.jpl.nasa.gov/
JPL's Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) and Advanced Actuators (AA) Web-hub

00:12 Feb-04-2000
D Mellon
Re: Degassing of viscous liquids Why not run the fluid through a vaccum chamber to remove all gasses and moisture?
Procedure used for electrical HV transformers quite often.

07:32 Feb-22-2000
mike
Re: Degassing of viscous liquids : Can anyone direct me to information regarding the use of ultrasonic vibration to migrate air voids from viscous liquids. I am submerging tubes in a water bath, filling the tubes with a viscous liquid and use mechanical vibration to migrate entrapped air from within the filled tubes before the liquid solidifies. I have had success with this process. I would like to pursue ultrasonic vibration to degass the viscous liquid before it solidifies.

: Any and all information reqarding the use of ultrasonics to degass liquids would be greatly appreciated.

07:34 Feb-22-2000
mike

what are you exactly trying to do write me and i can help you . my E-Mail sddress is skyblue117 @ aol . com

01:40 Feb-28-2002
MD AFENDI
Re: Degassing of viscous liquids I am a phd student, strathclyde university,glasgow, working on continous degassing process of viscous fluid, we do have very big similarity in this area, in my study, the answer is more in the fluid itself, i wish to hear more about your study before i could give somethings beneficial.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|