where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GE Inspection Technologies

Technical Discussions
Anish Kumar
R & D, Scientist
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, India, Joined Mar 2000, 7

Anish Kumar

R & D, Scientist
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research,
India,
Joined Mar 2000
08:19 Apr-05-2000
Elastic Modulus

I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

Thanking You.

Anish Kumar

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 176

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
09:12 Apr-05-2000
Re: Elastic Modulus
onic waves directly.
Therefore again my recommendation: You have to measure the velocities on suited samples of your material.

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
------------
: I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

: Thanking You.

: Anish Kumar

mahmoodnajafi
mahmoodnajafi
09:10 Apr-24-2000

: I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

mahmood Najafi
mahmood Najafi
09:10 Apr-24-2000

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window