where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Elastic Modulus
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

STARMANS elctronics, s. r.o.
STARMANS is the Central European leading producer of industrial measuring, detecting and combined equipments for non-destructive testing

08:19 Apr-05-2000

Anish Kumar

R & D, Scientist
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research,
India,
Joined Mar 2000
Elastic Modulus

I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

Thanking You.

Anish Kumar

09:12 Apr-05-2000

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Elastic Modulus onic waves directly.
Therefore again my recommendation: You have to measure the velocities on suited samples of your material.

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
------------
: I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

: Thanking You.

: Anish Kumar

09:10 Apr-24-2000
mahmoodnajafi
Re: Elastic Modulus
: I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

09:10 Apr-24-2000
mahmood Najafi
Re: Elastic Modulus

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|