where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Anish Kumar
R & D, Scientist
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, India, Joined Mar 2000, 7

Anish Kumar

R & D, Scientist
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research,
India,
Joined Mar 2000
08:19 Apr-05-2000
Elastic Modulus

I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

Thanking You.

Anish Kumar

Udo Schlengermann
Consultant, -
Standards Consulting, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 177

Udo Schlengermann

Consultant, -
Standards Consulting,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
09:12 Apr-05-2000
Re: Elastic Modulus
onic waves directly.
Therefore again my recommendation: You have to measure the velocities on suited samples of your material.

Kind regards
Udo Schlengermann
------------
: I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

: Thanking You.

: Anish Kumar

mahmoodnajafi
mahmoodnajafi
09:10 Apr-24-2000

: I am working on microstructural characterization in metallic materials, such as ferritic steels, Inconel 625 superalloy etc., using ultrasonic measurements. Quite often, I need the elastic modulus values of various types of precipitates for uderstanding the change in ultraosnic velocity with precipitation, such as M23C6, Cr2N, and Fe2Mo (Laves phase) in steels and gamma prime, gamma double prime, delta and Ni2Mo type of precipitates in Superalloys. Is there some publication or record where I can get these values, or if some body can supply these values i will be very much thankful to him.

mahmood Najafi
mahmood Najafi
09:10 Apr-24-2000

Product Spotlight

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window