where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.

Technical Discussions
Anderson
Anderson
02:29 Sep-16-2008
killing rate(PRF) in automated ut

Hi everybody. I would like to know some information about killing rate or firing rate (PRF) related to A-Scan automated ut. Could someone help me?
Thanks.

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1254

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:45 Sep-16-2008
Re: killing rate(PRF) in automated ut
Anderson:
I have never heard of PRF being called "killing rate" where is this term from?
PRF or pulse-repetition-frequency can have several meanings now that we have multi-channel and phased array systems.
In the old single channel units it was simply the number of times the probe was pulsed per second.
When we added multiple probes in a multiplexed system the pulse was initiated by a trigger so the system clock then had to move from channel to channel, triggering each in turn. That meant that the "prf" set by the system clock was not the same as the pulse repetition frequency of each probe but was instead the clock rate. But there are variations on this too. When averaging is used there may be multiple firings of the same probe (for one channel) before the next probe is addressed. Again in this case, the system clock rate would be considered the "prf" in the older technology. In phased array systems the system clock rate "generally" initiates a focal law which is composed of several pulsers firing elements in close order.
Different manufacturers now have different terms for the sequencing of the pulses (acquisition rate, recurance rate, cascade rate, etc.). For the specifics of any one system and how it works you may want to discuss the specifications with the manufacturer.
Regards
Ed

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi everybody. I would like to know some information about killing rate or firing rate (PRF) related to A-Scan automated ut. Could someone help me?
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Rafal Mis
Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland, Poland, Joined Sep 2008, 11

Rafal Mis

Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland,
Poland,
Joined Sep 2008
07:51 Sep-17-2008
Re: killing rate(PRF) in automated ut
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi everybody. I would like to know some information about killing rate or firing rate (PRF) related to A-Scan automated ut. Could someone help me?
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

If you ment number of times the probe was pulsed per second: pulse-repetition-frequency, contact me if you need high repetition frequency in automated UT.
Kind regards,
Rafal

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window