where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Anderson
Anderson
02:29 Sep-16-2008
killing rate(PRF) in automated ut

Hi everybody. I would like to know some information about killing rate or firing rate (PRF) related to A-Scan automated ut. Could someone help me?
Thanks.

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1247

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
08:45 Sep-16-2008
Re: killing rate(PRF) in automated ut
Anderson:
I have never heard of PRF being called "killing rate" where is this term from?
PRF or pulse-repetition-frequency can have several meanings now that we have multi-channel and phased array systems.
In the old single channel units it was simply the number of times the probe was pulsed per second.
When we added multiple probes in a multiplexed system the pulse was initiated by a trigger so the system clock then had to move from channel to channel, triggering each in turn. That meant that the "prf" set by the system clock was not the same as the pulse repetition frequency of each probe but was instead the clock rate. But there are variations on this too. When averaging is used there may be multiple firings of the same probe (for one channel) before the next probe is addressed. Again in this case, the system clock rate would be considered the "prf" in the older technology. In phased array systems the system clock rate "generally" initiates a focal law which is composed of several pulsers firing elements in close order.
Different manufacturers now have different terms for the sequencing of the pulses (acquisition rate, recurance rate, cascade rate, etc.). For the specifics of any one system and how it works you may want to discuss the specifications with the manufacturer.
Regards
Ed

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi everybody. I would like to know some information about killing rate or firing rate (PRF) related to A-Scan automated ut. Could someone help me?
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Rafal Mis
Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland, Poland, Joined Sep 2008, 11

Rafal Mis

Sales, - Technical Support
Olympus Poland,
Poland,
Joined Sep 2008
07:51 Sep-17-2008
Re: killing rate(PRF) in automated ut
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi everybody. I would like to know some information about killing rate or firing rate (PRF) related to A-Scan automated ut. Could someone help me?
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

If you ment number of times the probe was pulsed per second: pulse-repetition-frequency, contact me if you need high repetition frequency in automated UT.
Kind regards,
Rafal

Product Spotlight

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

PROlineTOP Plug & Play Ultrasonic inspection device

As Plug & Play solution it units all control and operation elements in a small housing and therefo
re replaces the typical control cabinet...
>

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window