where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
N. Y. Kao
N. Y. Kao
09:36 Apr-17-2000
Vibration sensor

Hi,

I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.

I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

Here are few questions:
1. How to use a vibration sensor?

2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?

Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you!

steve
steve
02:26 May-09-2001
Re: Vibration sensor
Hi,
I'm looking for info on the bi-morph vibration sensors too. So far i've discovered the main issue with these devices is that they like to be connected to high-impedance inputs. 1 to 2 Megohms. "FET input op-amps" are a good starting point.

steve

: Hi,

: I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.

: I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

: Here are few questions:
: 1. How to use a vibration sensor?

: 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

: 3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?

: Your help is much appreciated.
: Thank you!

Dr. Patel
R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University, Canada, Joined May 2001, 20

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
04:52 May-09-2001
Re: Vibration sensor
: I'm looking for info on the bi-morph vibration sensors too. So far i've discovered the main issue with these devices is that they like to be connected to high-impedance inputs. 1 to 2 Megohms. "FET input op-amps" are a good starting point.
: steve
: : Hi,
: : I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.
: : I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.
: : Here are few questions:
: : 1. How to use a vibration sensor?
: : 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?
: : 3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?
: : Your help is much appreciated.
: : Thank you!
Firstly in mechanical enineering they have force sensor which may work. You need a charge amplifiers with high impedance. With bimorphs, the pressure put on wrist may even give you effect. You can try with any low frequency piezo-ceramics with very good charge amplifiers and it may work.

Regards

Dr. Patel

puneet kumar audichya
puneet kumar audichya
02:19 Aug-25-2001
how vibration sensor using the fourier series is use in mechanical machines?

: I am a student undergoing a project ' in skf bearings india LTD.

: I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

: Here are few questions:
: 1. How to use a vibration sensor?

: 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

: Your help is much appreciated.

: actually i want to give the seminar in this topic so i do'nt know about more in vibration sensor plz help me as soon as possible?
: Thank you!

Product Spotlight

I&T Nardoni

NDT, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF NEW METHODOLOGY, TRAINING CENTER I&T NARDON INSTITUTE was idiated
in 1988 by Giuseppe Nardoni, now president and owner of the company, based on his multi-annual and international experience in the field of NDT.
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window