where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
N. Y. Kao
N. Y. Kao
09:36 Apr-17-2000
Vibration sensor

Hi,

I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.

I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

Here are few questions:
1. How to use a vibration sensor?

2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?

Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you!

steve
steve
02:26 May-09-2001
Re: Vibration sensor
Hi,
I'm looking for info on the bi-morph vibration sensors too. So far i've discovered the main issue with these devices is that they like to be connected to high-impedance inputs. 1 to 2 Megohms. "FET input op-amps" are a good starting point.

steve

: Hi,

: I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.

: I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

: Here are few questions:
: 1. How to use a vibration sensor?

: 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

: 3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?

: Your help is much appreciated.
: Thank you!

Dr. Patel
R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University, Canada, Joined May 2001, 20

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
04:52 May-09-2001
Re: Vibration sensor
: I'm looking for info on the bi-morph vibration sensors too. So far i've discovered the main issue with these devices is that they like to be connected to high-impedance inputs. 1 to 2 Megohms. "FET input op-amps" are a good starting point.
: steve
: : Hi,
: : I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.
: : I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.
: : Here are few questions:
: : 1. How to use a vibration sensor?
: : 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?
: : 3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?
: : Your help is much appreciated.
: : Thank you!
Firstly in mechanical enineering they have force sensor which may work. You need a charge amplifiers with high impedance. With bimorphs, the pressure put on wrist may even give you effect. You can try with any low frequency piezo-ceramics with very good charge amplifiers and it may work.

Regards

Dr. Patel

puneet kumar audichya
puneet kumar audichya
02:19 Aug-25-2001
how vibration sensor using the fourier series is use in mechanical machines?

: I am a student undergoing a project ' in skf bearings india LTD.

: I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

: Here are few questions:
: 1. How to use a vibration sensor?

: 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

: Your help is much appreciated.

: actually i want to give the seminar in this topic so i do'nt know about more in vibration sensor plz help me as soon as possible?
: Thank you!

Product Spotlight

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window