where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Vibration sensor
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

09:36 Apr-17-2000
N. Y. Kao
Vibration sensor

Hi,

I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.

I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

Here are few questions:
1. How to use a vibration sensor?

2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?

Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you!

02:26 May-09-2001
steve
Re: Vibration sensor Hi,
I'm looking for info on the bi-morph vibration sensors too. So far i've discovered the main issue with these devices is that they like to be connected to high-impedance inputs. 1 to 2 Megohms. "FET input op-amps" are a good starting point.

steve

: Hi,

: I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.

: I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

: Here are few questions:
: 1. How to use a vibration sensor?

: 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

: 3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?

: Your help is much appreciated.
: Thank you!

04:52 May-09-2001

Dr. Patel

R & D, Consultant to Universities/Industries
Fallon Ultrasonics/McMaster University,
Canada,
Joined May 2001
Re: Vibration sensor : Hi,
: I'm looking for info on the bi-morph vibration sensors too. So far i've discovered the main issue with these devices is that they like to be connected to high-impedance inputs. 1 to 2 Megohms. "FET input op-amps" are a good starting point.
: steve
: : Hi,
: : I am a student undergoing a project 'Heart Rate Monitor'.
: : I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.
: : Here are few questions:
: : 1. How to use a vibration sensor?
: : 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?
: : 3. My friend recomend me bi-morph flexure elements. But, how to use it? Any application notes?
: : Your help is much appreciated.
: : Thank you!
Firstly in mechanical enineering they have force sensor which may work. You need a charge amplifiers with high impedance. With bimorphs, the pressure put on wrist may even give you effect. You can try with any low frequency piezo-ceramics with very good charge amplifiers and it may work.

Regards

Dr. Patel

02:19 Aug-25-2001
puneet kumar audichya
how vibration sensor using the fourier series is use in mechanical machines? : Hi,

: I am a student undergoing a project ' in skf bearings india LTD.

: I am trying to capture wrist pulse in order to measure the heart rate.

: Here are few questions:
: 1. How to use a vibration sensor?

: 2. Is it it converts mechanical force into voltage directly? Then i capture the signal using an amplifier?

: Your help is much appreciated.

: actually i want to give the seminar in this topic so i do'nt know about more in vibration sensor plz help me as soon as possible?
: Thank you!

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|