where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Duygu Demirci
NDT Inspector, Quality Assurance Engineer
PFW Aerospace Industry, Turkey, Joined Sep 2008, 11

Duygu Demirci

PFW Aerospace Industry,
Turkey,
Joined Sep 2008
03:29 Oct-06-2008
Back-Scatter Results

Dear All ;

I would like to ask you about Back-Scatter results. Could you send me any example sheet which written back-scatter result on excell, word,..etc.? I know how to do this test but I don t know how to write down result.

Thanks..

Jawed Ahsan
Jawed Ahsan
00:03 Oct-08-2008
Re: Back-Scatter Results
Might be helpful try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear All ;
: I would like to ask you about Back-Scatter results. Could you send me any example sheet which written back-scatter result on excell, word,..etc.? I know how to do this test but I don t know how to write down result.
: Thanks..
------------ End Original Message ------------

Michel Couture
NDT Inspector,
consultant, Canada, Joined Sep 2006, 822

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
07:48 Oct-09-2008
Duygu,

I'm not sure of what you are looking for! In RT Backscatter results are seen on the radiograph itself by the letter "B" showing. This topic was actually discussed on this site a few days ago. You may want to review some of the previous posting.

Cheerio's
Michel

: Dear All ;
: I would like to ask you about Back-Scatter results. Could you send me any example sheet which written back-scatter result on excell, word,..etc.? I know how to do this test but I don t know how to write down result.
: Thanks..

Duygu Demirci
PFW Aerospace Industry, Turkey, Joined Sep 2008, 11

Duygu Demirci

PFW Aerospace Industry,
Turkey,
Joined Sep 2008
08:42 Oct-10-2008
In advance Thank you very much for your reply,

Also I found an example.I may share this with all members. In back-scattered rad. form which information must be wriiten down ;

1.Purpuse of Back-scattered rad. test,

2.Test Conditions,

3.Test Results,
a.Wallthickness,
b.energy,
c.exposure time,
d.B letter caen see, or not,
e.Remarks.

If you see B letter on film as you know you should use Pb.After test with Pb, results and remarks have to be written.

Hopefully these information helps to someone.

Regards,
Duygu Demirci

: Might be helpful try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter
: : Dear All ;
: : I would like to ask you about Back-Scatter results. Could you send me any example sheet which written back-scatter result on excell, word,..etc.? I know how to do this test but I don t know how to write down result.
: : Thanks..

Product Spotlight

NOVO Armor 15 & NOVO Armor 22

The Armor Kit Contains the NOVO Armor, which provides additional mechanical protection to the NOVO 1
5WN & NOVO 22WN Detectors, the Armor Stand and a traveling soft cover. - Newest shock absorbent technology case - Water resistant design - Supports wired & wireless communication - Multiple positioning options - Tripod connection using the Built-in 1/4” threads - Simple Detector battery replacement
>

GEKKO, Standard and Advanced phased-array for Easier inspection

With a 64-channel parallel architecture, GEKKO is a flaw detector offering at the same time conven
tional UT, standard PAUT, TOFD and real-time Total Focusing Method (TFM). GEKKO improves the detection, with better defects characterization and sizing as well as for misoriented defects. Some procedures require standard UT, others TOFD or PA. GEKKO includes all these techniques to offer a versatile and field-ready equipment. - 64:64 parallel channels - + 4 additional TOFD - Conventional UT channels - International code compliance: ASME, AWS, API, ASTM, ISO-EN Watch the video: https://youtu.be/kuEY_RwWS3Q
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s