where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Back-Scatter Results
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Hillger Ing. Büro
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.

03:29 Oct-06-2008

Duygu Demirci

NDT Inspector, Quality Assurance Engineer
PFW Aerospace Industry,
Turkey,
Joined Sep 2008
Back-Scatter Results

Dear All ;

I would like to ask you about Back-Scatter results. Could you send me any example sheet which written back-scatter result on excell, word,..etc.? I know how to do this test but I don t know how to write down result.

Thanks..

00:03 Oct-08-2008
Jawed Ahsan
Re: Back-Scatter Results Might be helpful try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear All ;
: I would like to ask you about Back-Scatter results. Could you send me any example sheet which written back-scatter result on excell, word,..etc.? I know how to do this test but I don t know how to write down result.
: Thanks..
------------ End Original Message ------------

07:48 Oct-09-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: Back-Scatter Results Duygu,

I'm not sure of what you are looking for! In RT Backscatter results are seen on the radiograph itself by the letter "B" showing. This topic was actually discussed on this site a few days ago. You may want to review some of the previous posting.

Cheerio's
Michel

: Dear All ;
: I would like to ask you about Back-Scatter results. Could you send me any example sheet which written back-scatter result on excell, word,..etc.? I know how to do this test but I don t know how to write down result.
: Thanks..

08:42 Oct-10-2008

Duygu Demirci

NDT Inspector, Quality Assurance Engineer
PFW Aerospace Industry,
Turkey,
Joined Sep 2008
Re: Back-Scatter Results In advance Thank you very much for your reply,

Also I found an example.I may share this with all members. In back-scattered rad. form which information must be wriiten down ;

1.Purpuse of Back-scattered rad. test,

2.Test Conditions,

3.Test Results,
a.Wallthickness,
b.energy,
c.exposure time,
d.B letter caen see, or not,
e.Remarks.

If you see B letter on film as you know you should use Pb.After test with Pb, results and remarks have to be written.

Hopefully these information helps to someone.

Regards,
Duygu Demirci

: Might be helpful try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter
: : Dear All ;
: : I would like to ask you about Back-Scatter results. Could you send me any example sheet which written back-scatter result on excell, word,..etc.? I know how to do this test but I don t know how to write down result.
: : Thanks..

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|