where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EXTENDE
EXTENDE, optimize your NDT inspections projects thanks to simulation.

Technical Discussions
Doo Chul Park
R & D
Worltech R&D Center, South Korea, Joined Oct 1999, 5

Doo Chul Park

R & D
Worltech R&D Center,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 1999
03:31 Apr-20-2000
Measurement of thickness of coating.

Dear Sir

I am finding portable or labtop measuring equipment of coating thickness.
I want to measure coating thickness of Plastic moulding such as cellular phone.
Any comment will be appreciated.
Thank you!

Tom Nelligan
Engineering,
retired, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 390

Tom Nelligan

Engineering,
retired,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
05:09 Apr-20-2000
Re: Measurement of thickness of coating.
: I am finding portable or labtop measuring equipment of coating thickness.
: I want to measure coating thickness of Plastic moulding such as cellular phone.
: Any comment will be appreciated.

Is this a thin polymer coating such as paint on a plastic substrate? If so, it may be possible to measure the thickness using high frequency ultrasonics. You can find a brief description of a typical procedure at:

If you can provide further information on the materials and thickness range that you need to measure, I can comment further.

--Tom Nelligan
Panametrics, Inc.

Jim Futlz
Jim Futlz
09:11 Apr-28-2000
: Dear Sir

: I want to measure coating thickness of Plastic moulding such as cellular phone.
: Thank you!

Jim Fultz
Jim Fultz
09:12 Apr-28-2000

Jim Fultz
Jim Fultz
09:22 Apr-28-2000

The CTM20 is a portable handheld instrument designed to solve coating applications on substrates impossible for standard magnetic or eddy current types of coating gauges. Information on the CTM20 can be found at http://www.krautkramer.com/defaultold.htm
Jim Fultz
Krautkramer

Product Spotlight

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s