where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
code for NDT in Hydropower plant
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:34 Oct-09-2008
DAO DUY DUNG
code for NDT in Hydropower plant

May somebody advice me the suitable code or standard for NDT of hydropower plant

07:40 Oct-09-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: code for NDT in Hydropower plant In order to help you, you have to be a little more specific in to what you want to do! There are many different codes that are applicable to power plant.

Cheerio's
Michel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: May somebody advice me the suitable code or standard for NDT of hydropower plant
------------ End Original Message ------------

02:23 Oct-10-2008
DAO DUY DUNG
Re: code for NDT in Hydropower plant ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: In order to help you, you have to be a little more specific in to what you want to do! There are many different codes that are applicable to power plant.
: Cheerio's
: Michel
: : May somebody advice me the suitable code or standard for NDT of hydropower plant
Thank you Mr. Michel.
Please help me by advice which code or spec. maybe used to NDT examine the penstock of Hydropoer Plant, for example. I think, ASME code B31.1, B31.3 or B31.4 are not really proper for this case. Thanks for your soon reply

02:58 Oct-10-2008
DAO DUY DUNG
Re: code for NDT in Hydropower plant ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: In order to help you, you have to be a little more specific in to what you want to do! There are many different codes that are applicable to power plant.
: Cheerio's
: Michel
: : May somebody advice me the suitable code or standard for NDT of hydropower plant

Sorry, Mr. Michel,
In this case, I would like to address to the weld joints of pipe of penstock in hydropower plant.
Thanks

01:53 Oct-10-2008
Jawed Ahsan
: : In order to help you, you have to be a little more specific in to what you want to do! There are many different codes that are applicable to power plant.
: : Cheerio's
: : Michel
: : : May somebody advice me the suitable code or standard for NDT of hydropower plant
: Sorry, Mr. Michel,
: In this case, I would like to address to the weld joints of pipe of penstock in hydropower plant.
: Thanks

ASME B31.1

02:37 Oct-10-2008
DAO DUY DUNG
: : : In order to help you, you have to be a little more specific in to what you want to do! There are many different codes that are applicable to power plant.
: : : Cheerio's
: : : Michel
: : : : May somebody advice me the suitable code or standard for NDT of hydropower plant
: : Sorry, Mr. Michel,
: : In this case, I would like to address to the weld joints of pipe of penstock in hydropower plant.
: : Thanks
: ASME B31.1
Dear Mr. Jawed Ahsan,
Thank you for your response. But I'm affraid that using B31.1 in this case is not very suitable as the scope I refer to below:
100.1.2 Power piping systems as covered by this
Code apply to all piping and their component parts
except as excluded in para. 100.1.3. They include but
are not limited to steam, water, oil, gas, and air services.
"(A) This Code covers boiler external piping as defined
below for power boilers and high temperature, high
pressurewater boilers in which: steam or vapor is generated
at a pressure of more than 15 psig [100 kPa (gage)];
and high temperature water is generated at pressures
exceeding 160 psig [1103 kPa (gage)] and/or temperatures
exceeding 250°F (120°C)."
I hope I may receive the advice in more detail.
Thank you very much.

02:57 Oct-11-2008

Ezio Trentini

Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
: May somebody advice me the suitable code or standard for NDT of hydropower plant

There are in Italy many standards for NDT on hydropower plant components. Please contact
Ezio.Tuberosa@iride-energia.it ciao

09:21 Dec-19-2008

ezio trentini

Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
: : In order to help you, you have to be a little more specific in to what you want to do! There are many different codes that are applicable to power plant.
: : Cheerio's
: : Michel
: : : May somebody advice me the suitable code or standard for NDT of hydropower plant
: Thank you Mr. Michel.
: Please help me by advice which code or spec. maybe used to NDT examine the penstock of Hydropoer Plant, for example. I think, ASME code B31.1, B31.3 or B31.4 are not really proper for this case. Thanks for your soon reply

Dear DAO DUY DUNG
My Friend Tuberosa give me two norm-project on hydraulic machinery but in the meantime i see that you are interesting in penstocks-inspection. I remember that our electricity company have specification on penstock inservice inspection. If you are yet interested I will reserch for you that specification, but attention, they are in italian!!
I look to your response, ciao, Ezio

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|