where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
ezio trentini
Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 276

ezio trentini

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
07:41 Oct-14-2008
in-service inspection on bolts

Hello friends,
do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?

chris s
Consultant, qc manager
USA, Joined Apr 2007, 9

chris s

Consultant, qc manager
USA,
Joined Apr 2007
09:09 Oct-14-2008
Re: in-service inspection on bolts
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello friends,
: do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
------------ End Original Message ------------

ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench

ezio
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 276

ezio

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
00:42 Oct-16-2008
: : Hello friends,
: : do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
: ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench
Scuse me chris, but I have not found installation verification in the said standards. Can you me indicate the paragraph?
Thank you regards

kevin Humphreys
kevin Humphreys
08:06 Oct-24-2008
: : : Hello friends,
: : : do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
: : ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench
: Scuse me chris, but I have not found installation verification in the said standards. Can you me indicate the paragraph?
: Thank you regards
Hello Godwin,
Although I have never used it
Dakota produce the Mini-max bolt tension monitor
View it at:
http://www.dakotaultrasonics.com/specs/minimax.pdf

Product Spotlight

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

Extended Range Variable Wall® Piping Calibration Blocks for Longseam Inspection

This set of two blocks has been specially designed for situations where ultrasonic examination tak
es place circumferentially or “around the curve” for applications such as inspection of longseam welds in piping and vessels. Jointly designed by PH Tool and Holloway NDT, the blocks feature side-drilled hole reflectors positioned within novel compound-curves, each with multiple thickness steps. The unique design results in a light and compact form factor, with the largest block weighing just over 15 lbs and spanning just 16 ¾”. Coverage is provided for nominal pipe sizes from 6” to 10” in the small block and 12” to a whopping 56” in the large block. The compound OD curves and multiple wall thicknesses actually exceed ASME requirements, providing exceptional signal response and measurement accuracy. Properly managing beam divergence off the ID and stabilizing beam skew due to probe rocking is essential to maintaining a consistent calibration when inspecting lengthwise on curved surfaces.
>

TraiNDE UT

TraiNDE UT is a virtual tool associated with a signal database which simulates real inspection con
ditions for numerous applications (Type A/V1 block, DAC block, welds and plates).
>

A1525 SOLO

A1525 Solo – the most compact and affordable TMF unit with two phased array transducers and 3D v
isualization and analysis software in standard delivery set. A compact, ergonomic and easy to handheld Phased Array unit based on Total Focusing Method for easy-going imaging of inspection objects with two-dimensional and three-dimensional visualization and evaluation of inspection results.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window