where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
ezio trentini
Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

ezio trentini

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
07:41 Oct-14-2008
in-service inspection on bolts

Hello friends,
do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?

chris s
Consultant, qc manager
USA, Joined Apr 2007, 9

chris s

Consultant, qc manager
USA,
Joined Apr 2007
09:09 Oct-14-2008
Re: in-service inspection on bolts
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello friends,
: do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
------------ End Original Message ------------

ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench

ezio
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

ezio

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
00:42 Oct-16-2008
: : Hello friends,
: : do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
: ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench
Scuse me chris, but I have not found installation verification in the said standards. Can you me indicate the paragraph?
Thank you regards

kevin Humphreys
kevin Humphreys
08:06 Oct-24-2008
: : : Hello friends,
: : : do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
: : ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench
: Scuse me chris, but I have not found installation verification in the said standards. Can you me indicate the paragraph?
: Thank you regards
Hello Godwin,
Although I have never used it
Dakota produce the Mini-max bolt tension monitor
View it at:
http://www.dakotaultrasonics.com/specs/minimax.pdf

Product Spotlight

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window