where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
in-service inspection on bolts
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

FOMA Bohemia Ltd.
FOMA Bohemia is a traditional producer of industrial radiographic films INDUX and related accessories.

07:41 Oct-14-2008

ezio trentini

Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
in-service inspection on bolts

Hello friends,
do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?

09:09 Oct-14-2008

chris s

Consultant, qc manager
USA,
Joined Apr 2007
Re: in-service inspection on bolts ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello friends,
: do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
------------ End Original Message ------------

ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench

00:42 Oct-16-2008

ezio

Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
Re: in-service inspection on bolts ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: : Hello friends,
: : do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
: ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench
Scuse me chris, but I have not found installation verification in the said standards. Can you me indicate the paragraph?
Thank you regards

08:06 Oct-24-2008
kevin Humphreys
: : : Hello friends,
: : : do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
: : ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench
: Scuse me chris, but I have not found installation verification in the said standards. Can you me indicate the paragraph?
: Thank you regards
Hello Godwin,
Although I have never used it
Dakota produce the Mini-max bolt tension monitor
View it at:
http://www.dakotaultrasonics.com/specs/minimax.pdf

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|