where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world's largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.
Technical Discussions
ezio trentini
Other, Retired ex Laboratory Technical Manager
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

ezio trentini

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
07:41 Oct-14-2008
in-service inspection on bolts

Hello friends,
do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?

chris s
Consultant, qc manager
USA, Joined Apr 2007, 9

chris s

Consultant, qc manager
USA,
Joined Apr 2007
09:09 Oct-14-2008
Re: in-service inspection on bolts
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello friends,
: do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
------------ End Original Message ------------

ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench

ezio
OMECO Research Centre, Italy, Joined Sep 2008, 273

ezio

OMECO Research Centre,
Italy,
Joined Sep 2008
00:42 Oct-16-2008
: : Hello friends,
: : do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
: ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench
Scuse me chris, but I have not found installation verification in the said standards. Can you me indicate the paragraph?
Thank you regards

kevin Humphreys
kevin Humphreys
08:06 Oct-24-2008
: : : Hello friends,
: : : do you know any validated procedure to in-service inspection on bolts-coupling with torque wrench?
: : ASTM A325 and A490 have fastener assembly installation techniques including instillation verification using a torque wrench
: Scuse me chris, but I have not found installation verification in the said standards. Can you me indicate the paragraph?
: Thank you regards
Hello Godwin,
Although I have never used it
Dakota produce the Mini-max bolt tension monitor
View it at:
http://www.dakotaultrasonics.com/specs/minimax.pdf

Product Spotlight

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window