where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

NOVO DR
develops and manufactures cutting edge Portable Digital Radiography X-ray Inspection Systems.

Technical Discussions
Micheal Park
R & D
Worltech R&D Center, South Korea, Joined Oct 1999, 5

Micheal Park

R & D
Worltech R&D Center,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 1999
00:39 Apr-25-2000
Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing

Dear Sir

I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.
Does any one knows systems which is available to this appllication?
Any comment will be appreciated.
Thank you!

Trevor Easton
Engineering
Dofasco Inc, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 13

Trevor Easton

Engineering
Dofasco Inc,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
03:35 Apr-25-2000
Re: Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing
: Dear Sir

: I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
: In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
: I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
: And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.
: Does any one knows systems which is available to this appllication?
: Any comment will be appreciated.
: Thank you!

:
Take a look at http://www.epdtech.com/ultra/up100.htm for one example

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
04:11 Apr-25-2000
SDT system will do this kind of thing very easily (some info on our web page http;//www.sonatest-plc.com)

You dont say where you are, so suggest you send me your details privately and I'll have someone contact you

Best Regards

Joe Buckley

: I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
: In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
: I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
: And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.

:

N.Valliyappan David
Student, Research Assistant
National University of Malaysia, Malaysia, Joined Jan 2000, 4

N.Valliyappan David

Student, Research Assistant
National University of Malaysia,
Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2000
09:15 Apr-26-2000

Dear Sir,

I believe Ultraprobe 9000 could be one of your solutions.
Please visit this site :
http://www.uesystems.com
for the product.

Product Spotlight

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

Magnetic X-Ray Pipeline Crawler

Zhong Yi brand pipeline crawler is magnetic/micro-video controlled crawler with DC X ray unit inst
alled for checking welding of pipeline. Move steadily inside the pipeline 6''-60''diameter with speed of up to 18m/min, Max. moving diatance 5 kilometers and provide the efficient inspection of the pipeline.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window