where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

Technical Discussions
Micheal Park
R & D
Worltech R&D Center, South Korea, Joined Oct 1999, 5

Micheal Park

R & D
Worltech R&D Center,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 1999
00:39 Apr-25-2000
Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing

Dear Sir

I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.
Does any one knows systems which is available to this appllication?
Any comment will be appreciated.
Thank you!

Trevor Easton
Engineering
Dofasco Inc, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 13

Trevor Easton

Engineering
Dofasco Inc,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
03:35 Apr-25-2000
Re: Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing
: Dear Sir

: I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
: In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
: I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
: And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.
: Does any one knows systems which is available to this appllication?
: Any comment will be appreciated.
: Thank you!

:
Take a look at http://www.epdtech.com/ultra/up100.htm for one example

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 517

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
04:11 Apr-25-2000
SDT system will do this kind of thing very easily (some info on our web page http;//www.sonatest-plc.com)

You dont say where you are, so suggest you send me your details privately and I'll have someone contact you

Best Regards

Joe Buckley

: I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
: In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
: I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
: And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.

:

N.Valliyappan David
Student, Research Assistant
National University of Malaysia, Malaysia, Joined Jan 2000, 4

N.Valliyappan David

Student, Research Assistant
National University of Malaysia,
Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2000
09:15 Apr-26-2000

Dear Sir,

I believe Ultraprobe 9000 could be one of your solutions.
Please visit this site :
http://www.uesystems.com
for the product.

Product Spotlight

Robotic laser shearography enables 100% inspection of complex, flight-critical composite structures

An article in “Composites World Magazine” showcases Non Destructive Testing of aero-structures
with Laser Shearography. Over the years Dantec Dynamics has supplied many solutions for the aerospace industry. Referring to specific customer projects several of these cases are examined to outline the advantages of using Laser Shearography for automated defect detection.
>

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

35 years of VOGT Ultrasonics!

This year we are celebrating a company anniversary! 35 years have passed since we first took our t
est device and swung the probe on behalf of safety. But our ultrasonic know-how goes back many years..
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s