where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Matec Instrument Companies, Inc.
Ultrasonic test instrumentation and systems for scientific research, quality control inspection and production testing applications.

00:39 Apr-25-2000

Micheal Park

R & D
Worltech R&D Center,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 1999
Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing

Dear Sir

I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.
Does any one knows systems which is available to this appllication?
Any comment will be appreciated.
Thank you!

03:35 Apr-25-2000

Trevor Easton

Engineering
Dofasco Inc,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing : Dear Sir

: I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
: In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
: I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
: And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.
: Does any one knows systems which is available to this appllication?
: Any comment will be appreciated.
: Thank you!

:
Take a look at http://www.epdtech.com/ultra/up100.htm for one example

04:11 Apr-25-2000

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing SDT system will do this kind of thing very easily (some info on our web page http;//www.sonatest-plc.com)

You dont say where you are, so suggest you send me your details privately and I'll have someone contact you

Best Regards

Joe Buckley

: Dear Sir

: I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
: In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
: I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
: And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.

:

09:15 Apr-26-2000

N.Valliyappan David

Student, Research Assistant
National University of Malaysia,
Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing : Dear Sir

Dear Sir,

I believe Ultraprobe 9000 could be one of your solutions.
Please visit this site :
http://www.uesystems.com
for the product.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|