where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

WesDyne International (AMDATA Products)
WesDyne is an engineering and technical services firm dedicated to providing standard and custom nondestructive examinations (NDE) products and systems

Technical Discussions
Micheal Park
R & D
Worltech R&D Center, South Korea, Joined Oct 1999, 5

Micheal Park

R & D
Worltech R&D Center,
South Korea,
Joined Oct 1999
00:39 Apr-25-2000
Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing

Dear Sir

I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.
Does any one knows systems which is available to this appllication?
Any comment will be appreciated.
Thank you!

Trevor Easton
Engineering
Dofasco Inc, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 13

Trevor Easton

Engineering
Dofasco Inc,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
03:35 Apr-25-2000
Re: Ultrasonic inspection for car manufacturing
: Dear Sir

: I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
: In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
: I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
: And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.
: Does any one knows systems which is available to this appllication?
: Any comment will be appreciated.
: Thank you!

:
Take a look at http://www.epdtech.com/ultra/up100.htm for one example

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
04:11 Apr-25-2000
SDT system will do this kind of thing very easily (some info on our web page http;//www.sonatest-plc.com)

You dont say where you are, so suggest you send me your details privately and I'll have someone contact you

Best Regards

Joe Buckley

: I am researching new method for replace old testing method in car manufacturing.
: In final water proof test which check rubber packing of car door and trunk , car must go through water shower line. But I want to replace this test method to ultrasonics.
: I think it would be possible when we locate tone generator inside the car and check ultrasonic amplitude outside the car.
: And I heard some of car manufacturer adopted this method to testing water proof capability of door and trunk.

:

N.Valliyappan David
Student, Research Assistant
National University of Malaysia, Malaysia, Joined Jan 2000, 4

N.Valliyappan David

Student, Research Assistant
National University of Malaysia,
Malaysia,
Joined Jan 2000
09:15 Apr-26-2000

Dear Sir,

I believe Ultraprobe 9000 could be one of your solutions.
Please visit this site :
http://www.uesystems.com
for the product.

Product Spotlight

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

TOPAZ® 64: Fully Integrated Portable 64 Channel PAUT Instrument with FMC & TFM

Introducing TOPAZ64, the industry’s most intelligent fully integrated, portable 64-channel phased
array ultrasound (UT) instrument. TOPAZ64 combines code-compliant phased array UT with the industry’s most advanced full matrix capture (FMC) and total focusing method (TFM) capabilities. Featuring the highest acquisition frequency in its class, high resolution FMC and a 12” multi-touchscreen, users can easily visualize even the smallest flaws. TOPAZ64 can generate a bipolar pulse that provides more acoustic energy versus previous models for punching through thick components. The result is a portable tool that delivers increased inspection coverage, more accurate signals, and the ability to handle all UT inspections in one package. TOPAZ64 is ideal for challenging applications in transportation, oil and gas, manufacturing and power generation.
>

ISAFE3 Intrinsically Safe Sensor System

ISAFE3 intrinsically safe sensor system of Vallen Systeme is especially targeted at the petrochemica
l - as well as oil and gas transportation industry. The sensor system is designed for permanent monitoring or periodic inspection tasks. Sensors are available for different AE-frequency ranges optimized for corrosion and fatigue crack detection and other applications. The ISAFE 3 sensor system consists of an AE-sensor (model ISAS3) certified according to ATEX/IEC for installation in zone 0, gas group IIC, IP68, 20 to +60 °C, and a signal isolator (model SISO3) certified for installation in zone 2. An ISAS3 sensor can be mounted in atmosphere or submerged, e.g. in water or crude oil. It is supported by mounting tools for temporary (magnets) or permanent (welded) installation. ISAFE3 supports automatic sensor coupling test and can be used with any AE signal processor supporting 28V supply at 90 mA peak, e.g. Vallen Systeme ASIP-2/A.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window