where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Tran Woo
Tran Woo
08:55 Oct-21-2008
Corrosion C-scan mapping instrument - Pls help!

Hello everybody,

I have demand to buy C scan corossion maping UT phased array instrument to corrosion assessment and I am looking for good instrument. Anyone help me what instrument is suitable with my application?
Thanks and regards,

Tran Woo
Korea National Petroleum Corp

Mark Nel
Sales, Application support
Technology Design Ltd., United Kingdom, Joined Jul 2005, 58

Mark Nel

Sales, Application support
Technology Design Ltd.,
United Kingdom,
Joined Jul 2005
07:19 Oct-22-2008
Re: Corrosion C-scan mapping instrument - Pls help!
Hi Tran Woo - AGR Field Operations in the UK manufactures a good range of computerised UT equipment. The TD Handy-Sacn and TD Focus-Scan instruments will meet your requirement. See http://www.agr.com/en/Our-Services/Field-Operations/Ultrasonic-Technologies/
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hello everybody,
: I have demand to buy C scan corossion maping UT phased array instrument to corrosion assessment and I am looking for good instrument. Anyone help me what instrument is suitable with my application?
: Thanks and regards,
: Tran Woo
: Korea National Petroleum Corp
------------ End Original Message ------------

John O'Brien
Consultant, -
Chevron ETC , USA, Joined Jan 2000, 280

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
01:25 Oct-23-2008
: Hello everybody,
: I have demand to buy C scan corossion maping UT phased array instrument to corrosion assessment and I am looking for good instrument. Anyone help me what instrument is suitable with my application?
: Thanks and regards,
: Tran Woo
: Korea National Petroleum Corp

Your message is a little confusing as you are talking about corrosion mapping and phased array. You may not need a phased array approach to conduct good C-Scan mapping. A lot will depend on what you actually want to C-Scan map in terms of configurations and scanning.

If its in situ corrosion mapping of large areas such as pipes, vessels tanks and pipelines there are an array of systems available all good but with limitations and advantages. Companies such as NDT Automation, Force Institute, GE Inspection the list could be endless, you will find many of them advertising on this site.

I suggest you sit down and write a one page key points specification of what you want to do with the system immediately as essential to have items and then a secondary list of what you might want to do in the future with the system and then send to a list of suppliers to see what they offer in terms of your specific requirements.

mj
mj
01:58 Oct-23-2008
: Hi Tran Woo - AGR Field Operations in the UK manufactures a good range of computerised UT equipment. The TD Handy-Sacn and TD Focus-Scan instruments will meet your requirement. See http://www.agr.com/en/Our-Services/Field-Operations/Ultrasonic-Technologies/
: : Hello everybody,
hello,
AGR Equipment is best and user friendly one for your C scan Inspection, also you may have to talk to Phenox to get a good XY scanner

: : I have demand to buy C scan corossion maping UT phased array instrument to corrosion assessment and I am looking for good instrument. Anyone help me what instrument is suitable with my application?
: : Thanks and regards,
: : Tran Woo
: : Korea National Petroleum Corp

Product Spotlight

Customized Probes and Transducers

With a strong development department and our own piezocomposite production, we accompany you from th
e first product idea to serial production. Our scientists are continuously researching new methods in the field of ultrasonic measurement technology. The progress achieved enables us to offer you optimal solutions.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window