where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Conversion from film to CR
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

00:49 Oct-21-2008

David Harvey

Engineering
ATI - Wah Chang,
USA,
Joined Nov 2002
Conversion from film to CR

We are in the final throes of converting from film to CR at our facility. My small mind is having a hard time wrapping around the image quality issue - how do I "fence in" the image to guarantee some level of quality and repeatability. Basically, since I don't have a density measurement to "qualify" the film, what parameters do I use to accept the image?

09:36 Oct-25-2008

diego pulgar

Sales,
IZASA SCIENTIFIC,
Spain,
Joined Oct 2008
Re: Conversion from film to CR ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: We are in the final throes of converting from film to CR at our facility. My small mind is having a hard time wrapping around the image quality issue - how do I "fence in" the image to guarantee some level of quality and repeatability. Basically, since I don't have a density measurement to "qualify" the film, what parameters do I use to accept the image?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Probably will be interesting for you to take a look to this document in the DataBase:
"Strategies for Film Replacement in Radiography - a comparative study"

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|