where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
LPI and MPI
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

EXTENDE
EXTENDE, optimize your NDT inspections projects thanks to simulation.

05:40 Nov-11-2008

gowrishankarwuriti

R & D, scientist
ISRO,
India,
Joined Nov 2008
LPI and MPI

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE CONTENT OF DP CHEMICALS AND MAGNETIC PARTICLE CHEMICALS?

07:26 Nov-11-2008

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: LPI and MPI You need to be more specific. Are you referring to the Liquid penetrant, developer or cleaner? And similarly for Magnetic particle testing, dry or wet? Flourescent or visible?

Some components are proprietary but general information is available.

Swamy
NDT Guru

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE CONTENT OF DP CHEMICALS AND MAGNETIC PARTICLE CHEMICALS?
------------ End Original Message ------------

07:41 Nov-12-2008

gowrishankar

R & D, scientist
ISRO,
India,
Joined Nov 2008
Re: LPI and MPI Thank you for your reply. actually what i mean is contents of red dye penetrant and developer as well as contents of florescent dyes of magnetic particle chemicals. if you can suggest me some books/data on internet which will be useful for me.
regards
gowrishankar

: CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE CONTENT OF DP CHEMICALS AND MAGNETIC PARTICLE CHEMICALS?

09:16 Nov-12-2008

Nick Welland

Other, Quality and NDT
Aben Technical Services,
Australia,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: LPI and MPI ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Thank you for your reply. actually what i mean is contents of red dye penetrant and developer as well as contents of florescent dyes of magnetic particle chemicals. if you can suggest me some books/data on internet which will be useful for me.
: regards
: gowrishankar
:
: : CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE CONTENT OF DP CHEMICALS AND MAGNETIC PARTICLE CHEMICALS?

You may find a search for the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for the major manufacturers will give some details.
Regards
Nick.

00:49 Nov-13-2008

S.V.Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: LPI and MPI Dear Gowrishankar,

The normal NDT textboks will give general information about the composition. Manufacturers will give you more details if you are planning to buy them for specific applications. The depth of information depends on the specific application. If you want to manufacture the chemicals, you would obviously need the maximum depth of information (which I also can't provide!). If you are looking for information from the perspective of an user, I can help you.

Swamy
NDT Guru

: Thank you for your reply. actually what i mean is contents of red dye penetrant and developer as well as contents of florescent dyes of magnetic particle chemicals. if you can suggest me some books/data on internet which will be useful for me.
: regards
: gowrishankar

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|