where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Eddy Current: Reference Book.
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

01:13 Nov-18-2008
Nathan
Eddy Current: Reference Book.

Hi Guys.

Have the Ultrasonic Flaw Detection for Technicians 3rd Edition by J Drury. Excellent book and fully comprehensive. I understand it has minor 'cult' status with UT techs.

Is there a book, equally as good, for Eddy Current you could recommend. I'm not doing too much Eddy Current work and would like a reference book to refresh and refer to...

Thanks.

05:53 Nov-18-2008

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Eddy Current: Reference Book. I've never seen anything written at the technician level for Eddy current that compares with Johns UT book.

Probably the best two I would recommend are Don Hagemaiers book "Fundamentals of Eddy Current Testing", available from ASNT, (primarily aerospace though)

and the Canadian Standards board "Advanced Manual For: Eddy Current Test Method " - not sure of the best retail source for that, but several of the technical paper resellers offer it.

Good luck

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi Guys.
: Have the Ultrasonic Flaw Detection for Technicians 3rd Edition by J Drury. Excellent book and fully comprehensive. I understand it has minor 'cult' status with UT techs.
: Is there a book, equally as good, for Eddy Current you could recommend. I'm not doing too much Eddy Current work and would like a reference book to refresh and refer to...
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|