where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.

Technical Discussions
Nathan
Nathan
01:13 Nov-18-2008
Eddy Current: Reference Book.

Hi Guys.

Have the Ultrasonic Flaw Detection for Technicians 3rd Edition by J Drury. Excellent book and fully comprehensive. I understand it has minor 'cult' status with UT techs.

Is there a book, equally as good, for Eddy Current you could recommend. I'm not doing too much Eddy Current work and would like a reference book to refresh and refer to...

Thanks.

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 517

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
05:53 Nov-18-2008
Re: Eddy Current: Reference Book.
I've never seen anything written at the technician level for Eddy current that compares with Johns UT book.

Probably the best two I would recommend are Don Hagemaiers book "Fundamentals of Eddy Current Testing", available from ASNT, (primarily aerospace though)

and the Canadian Standards board "Advanced Manual For: Eddy Current Test Method " - not sure of the best retail source for that, but several of the technical paper resellers offer it.

Good luck

Joe

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi Guys.
: Have the Ultrasonic Flaw Detection for Technicians 3rd Edition by J Drury. Excellent book and fully comprehensive. I understand it has minor 'cult' status with UT techs.
: Is there a book, equally as good, for Eddy Current you could recommend. I'm not doing too much Eddy Current work and would like a reference book to refresh and refer to...
: Thanks.
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s