where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Immersion Tank Algaecide
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.

01:14 Nov-26-2008

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Immersion Tank Algaecide

Does anyone know of any suppliers of suitable chemicals for preventing Algae Growth in Immersion tanks?

The standard product was 'Echocide' but apparently following the takeover of Sonotech this has been discontinued without notice

This is causing problems for some of our customers.

Is there an alternative?

Thanks

Joe

03:29 Nov-26-2008

Michel Couture

NDT Inspector,
consultant,
Canada,
Joined Sep 2006
Re: Immersion Tank Algaecide Hi Joe,

I do lots of Immersion Testing and what we do here is changing our water weekly. We tried to some emulsifier and other product, but in our case, they do cause lots of bubbles. The parts we are inspecting are rotating in the tank and the probes moves on a track. Also, since the parts we are inspecting are for the Nuclear industry, we are reluctent to introduce any product that are not "Nuclear Approved". S ochanging the water on a weekly basis works for us. The water is changed on the last shift of the week and allowed to be filtered all weekend to remove the air in it. Our system has a swimming pool size filtering system.

CheerioMichel

----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Does anyone know of any suppliers of suitable chemicals for preventing Algae Growth in Immersion tanks?
: The standard product was 'Echocide' but apparently following the takeover of Sonotech this has been discontinued without notice
: This is causing problems for some of our customers.
: Is there an alternative?
: Thanks
: Joe
------------ End Original Message ------------

04:13 Nov-26-2008

Duygu Demirci

NDT Inspector, Quality Assurance Engineer
PFW Aerospace Industry,
Turkey,
Joined Sep 2008
Re: Immersion Tank Algaecide Hi Joe ;

I am working with RT system so as you know in film processing machine, water tank also need algae protection.
According to this I am work with SAMA Water products company and authorised contact details are followings.Maybe he can help you.

Ron van der Graaf
SAMA Water Products
Anjerstraat 22
NL-4695 HJ Sint Maartensdijk

Telephone +31-(0)166-663392
Telefax +31-(0)166-663672
Mobile +31-(0)64-6054421
email: rvdgraaf@zeelandnet.nl

04:15 Nov-26-2008

Duygu Demirci

NDT Inspector, Quality Assurance Engineer
PFW Aerospace Industry,
Turkey,
Joined Sep 2008
Re: Immersion Tank Algaecide ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Hi Joe ;
: I am working with RT system so as you know in film processing machine, water tank also need algae protection.
: According to this I work with SAMA Water products company and authorised contact details are followings.Maybe he can help you.
: Ron van der Graaf
: SAMA Water Products
: Anjerstraat 22
: NL-4695 HJ Sint Maartensdijk
: Telephone +31-(0)166-663392
: Telefax +31-(0)166-663672
: Mobile +31-(0)64-6054421
: email: rvdgraaf@zeelandnet.nl

04:18 Nov-26-2008

John Brunk

Engineering, NDT Level III
Self employed, part-time,
USA,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: Immersion Tank Algaecide ----------- Start Original Message -----------
:
: Does anyone know of any suppliers of suitable chemicals for preventing Algae Growth in Immersion tanks?
: The standard product was 'Echocide' but apparently following the takeover of Sonotech this has been discontinued without notice
: This is causing problems for some of our customers.
: Is there an alternative?
: Thanks
: Joe
I recently bought a chemical to kill alage in my backyard pond from a garden and pond supply store. The same sort of stuff should work in an ultrasonic tank. A Purchasing Department may react as ours has to buying Legos and beanbags to improvise radiographic fixtures, but it is usually possible to reason with Buyers.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|