where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Materials Research Institute
Consulting to the NDT industry.

Technical Discussions
Jonathan Bellos
Jonathan Bellos
05:42 May-25-2000
ASNT CP-189 Certification test questions

Does anyone know of a random test question generator, computer based, to generate General and Specific certification level tests in accordance with either ASNT CP-189 or ASNT-TC-1A?

I am familiar with such programs as Karta, but this is not quite the random type of generator I am looking for.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Please email with any suggestions.

J. Bellos

Joe
NDT Inspector
AECL, Canada, Joined Apr 2000, 3

Joe

NDT Inspector
AECL,
Canada,
Joined Apr 2000
06:07 May-25-2000
Re: ASNT CP-189 Certification test questions
: Does anyone know of a random test question generator, computer based, to generate General and Specific certification level tests in accordance with either ASNT CP-189 or ASNT-TC-1A?

: I am familiar with such programs as Karta, but this is not quite the random type of generator I am looking for.

: Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Please email with any suggestions.

: J. Bellos

I believe the Ginzel brothers have a testmaker program that is available which may be suitable.

Ed Ginzel
R & D, -
Materials Research Institute, Canada, Joined Nov 1998, 1247

Ed Ginzel

R & D, -
Materials Research Institute,
Canada,
Joined Nov 1998
06:23 May-25-2000
Mr. Bellos:
Information on WinTmaker can be found at the website
www.mri.on.ca

regards

Ed

: Does anyone know of a random test question generator, computer based, to generate General and Specific certification level tests in accordance with either ASNT CP-189 or ASNT-TC-1A?

: I am familiar with such programs as Karta, but this is not quite the random type of generator I am looking for.

: Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Please email with any suggestions.

Chris Gabriel
Chris Gabriel
01:36 May-26-2000
Their is a free programme at www.ndtcabin.com
Don't know if it is specific to any authority,
but the price is right and it works OK.

Tom Schreeder
Tom Schreeder
00:53 Jun-01-2000

HibiSCo sells such a program called TstMkr which runs on the Macintosh; they don't have a web page, but can be contacted via e-mail

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window