where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

I&T Nardoni Institute
A state-of-the-art company servicing the metal, mechanical, aeronautical and railway industrial sectors

Technical Discussions
Jayesh Vanza
Consultant
m/s Al-Hoty Stanger Ltd. Co., Saudi Arabia, Joined Jul 2001, 2

Jayesh Vanza

Consultant
m/s Al-Hoty Stanger Ltd. Co.,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined Jul 2001
08:15 Dec-10-2008
Coating Inspection of buried pipeline

Dear friends,

Myself Jayesh working as Inspection engineer with TPI and we have a enquiry regarding inspection of underground buried pipeline.

My Client are in process of exploring some NDT technique/Coating inspection technique which can be utilized for underground pipelines.They have crude line 42" dia which runs underground for more than 10 to 15km which is externally coated by wrapping coating. Also sea water lines which is both internally and externally coated.

Can you please suggest me how to proceed with inspection and what NDT techniques to be implimented.

Regards
Jayesh Vanza

Martyn
Martyn
06:05 Dec-17-2008
Re: Coating Inspection of buried pipeline
Check out the new EMAT ILI tools that are available. They are showing a lot of promise in assessing the coating condition, especially the older Coal Tar / Bitumen wrap type coatings.

----------- Start Original Message -----------

: Dear friends,
:
: Myself Jayesh working as Inspection engineer with TPI and we have a enquiry regarding inspection of underground buried pipeline.
:
: My Client are in process of exploring some NDT technique/Coating inspection technique which can be utilized for underground pipelines.They have crude line 42" dia which runs underground for more than 10 to 15km which is externally coated by wrapping coating. Also sea water lines which is both internally and externally coated.
:
: Can you please suggest me how to proceed with inspection and what NDT techniques to be implimented.
:
: Regards
: Jayesh Vanza
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

TVC awarded UKAS accreditation

TVC are delighted to finally announce we have been awarded UKAS accreditation for our calibration
laboratory. Laboratory accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 enables us to conduct the Electrical Verification of Ultrasonic Flaw Detection Equipment to BS EN 12668-1:2010. It has taken many months of hard work and we want to thank our staff for all their efforts during this massive undertaking.
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s