where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Jayesh Vanza
Consultant
m/s Al-Hoty Stanger Ltd. Co., Saudi Arabia, Joined Jul 2001, 2

Jayesh Vanza

Consultant
m/s Al-Hoty Stanger Ltd. Co.,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined Jul 2001
08:15 Dec-10-2008
Coating Inspection of buried pipeline

Dear friends,

Myself Jayesh working as Inspection engineer with TPI and we have a enquiry regarding inspection of underground buried pipeline.

My Client are in process of exploring some NDT technique/Coating inspection technique which can be utilized for underground pipelines.They have crude line 42" dia which runs underground for more than 10 to 15km which is externally coated by wrapping coating. Also sea water lines which is both internally and externally coated.

Can you please suggest me how to proceed with inspection and what NDT techniques to be implimented.

Regards
Jayesh Vanza

Martyn
Martyn
06:05 Dec-17-2008
Re: Coating Inspection of buried pipeline
Check out the new EMAT ILI tools that are available. They are showing a lot of promise in assessing the coating condition, especially the older Coal Tar / Bitumen wrap type coatings.

----------- Start Original Message -----------

: Dear friends,
:
: Myself Jayesh working as Inspection engineer with TPI and we have a enquiry regarding inspection of underground buried pipeline.
:
: My Client are in process of exploring some NDT technique/Coating inspection technique which can be utilized for underground pipelines.They have crude line 42" dia which runs underground for more than 10 to 15km which is externally coated by wrapping coating. Also sea water lines which is both internally and externally coated.
:
: Can you please suggest me how to proceed with inspection and what NDT techniques to be implimented.
:
: Regards
: Jayesh Vanza
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

MUSE Mobile Ultrasonic Equipment

The MUSE, a portable ultrasonic imaging system, was developed for in-field inspections of light-weig
ht structures. The MUSE consists of a motor-driven manipulator, a water circulation system for the acoustic coupling and a portable ultrasonic flaw detector (USPC 3010). The MUSE provides images of internal defects (A-, B-,C- and D-scan).
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Panther

The Panther product range combines speed and performance of phased- array ultrasound technology in
a compact format. Targeted towards integrators for inline inspections and laboratories for R&D, Panter products offer a flexible and scalable solution for generic and custom NDT.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window