where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Coating Inspection of buried pipeline
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

08:15 Dec-10-2008

Jayesh Vanza

Consultant
m/s Al-Hoty Stanger Ltd. Co.,
Saudi Arabia,
Joined Jul 2001
Coating Inspection of buried pipeline

Dear friends,

Myself Jayesh working as Inspection engineer with TPI and we have a enquiry regarding inspection of underground buried pipeline.

My Client are in process of exploring some NDT technique/Coating inspection technique which can be utilized for underground pipelines.They have crude line 42" dia which runs underground for more than 10 to 15km which is externally coated by wrapping coating. Also sea water lines which is both internally and externally coated.

Can you please suggest me how to proceed with inspection and what NDT techniques to be implimented.

Regards
Jayesh Vanza

06:05 Dec-17-2008
Martyn
Re: Coating Inspection of buried pipeline Check out the new EMAT ILI tools that are available. They are showing a lot of promise in assessing the coating condition, especially the older Coal Tar / Bitumen wrap type coatings.

----------- Start Original Message -----------

: Dear friends,
:
: Myself Jayesh working as Inspection engineer with TPI and we have a enquiry regarding inspection of underground buried pipeline.
:
: My Client are in process of exploring some NDT technique/Coating inspection technique which can be utilized for underground pipelines.They have crude line 42" dia which runs underground for more than 10 to 15km which is externally coated by wrapping coating. Also sea water lines which is both internally and externally coated.
:
: Can you please suggest me how to proceed with inspection and what NDT techniques to be implimented.
:
: Regards
: Jayesh Vanza
------------ End Original Message ------------

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|