where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
ID pit sizing
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Tecnatom
Tecnatom has more than 50 years of experience providing services, equipment and systems devoted to NDT testing in several sectors and markets.

09:10 Jun-20-2000

Theodoros Theodoulidis

Teacher, Researcher
University of Western Macedonia,
Greece,
Joined Dec 1999
ID pit sizing

I am looking for updated information about sizing of ID pits with eddy currents in heat exchanger tubing.

I have seen a report referring to a reverse frequency mix of two frequencies. This is an artificial way of enhancing the 40 degrees angle between the wobble signal and the holes signal and is supposed to increase the above angle to 90 degrees. Does anyone know what exactly is reverse mix?

Thank you in advance

00:52 Jun-24-2000

Richard D. Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: ID pit sizing gle to 90 degrees. Does anyone know what exactly is reverse mix?

: Thank you in advance

02:19 Jul-21-2000
James Doyle
Re: ID pit sizing : I am looking for updated information about sizing of ID pits with eddy currents in heat exchanger tubing.

: I have seen a report referring to a reverse frequency mix of two frequencies. This is an artificial way of enhancing the 40 degrees angle between the wobble signal and the holes signal and is supposed to increase the above angle to 90 degrees. Does anyone know what exactly is reverse mix?

: Thank you in advance

Also see www.visualogic.com

Good luck,

Jim Doyle

04:01 Aug-09-2000

John Hansen

Director, - Eddy Current Technology
ETher NDE Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
Re: ID pit sizing I guess a reverse mix is to take the data from two channels at different frequencies and then instead of removing an unwanted signal add together the siganl you want. How this is done to maintain sensititvity is a ggod question. You could double the height of the through hole and leave the wobble the same by for instance using two channels at the same frequency set the hole to 90 degrees in both, then conpletely attenuate the x axis on one and then add together both signals and then rotate the hole to 40 degrees.

You could also mix the wobble out in this way.

At the EPRI BOP conference in Scottsdale EPRI reported that the most reliable method they had found for depth sizing ID pitting was to use the max Y amp i.e. ignore wobble and phase.

Which if you think about it is much the same as the reverse mix.

Regards

John Hansen
Hocking NDT Ltd
: : I am looking for updated information about sizing of ID pits with eddy currents in heat exchanger tubing.

: : I have seen a report referring to a reverse frequency mix of two frequencies. This is an artificial way of enhancing the 40 degrees angle between the wobble signal and the holes signal and is supposed to increase the above angle to 90 degrees. Does anyone know what exactly is reverse mix?

: : Thank you in advance

:
: Also see www.visualogic.com

: Good luck,

: Jim Doyle

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|