where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

Technical Discussions
Theodoros Theodoulidis
Teacher, Researcher
University of Western Macedonia, Greece, Joined Dec 1999, 5

Theodoros Theodoulidis

Teacher, Researcher
University of Western Macedonia,
Greece,
Joined Dec 1999
09:10 Jun-20-2000
ID pit sizing

I am looking for updated information about sizing of ID pits with eddy currents in heat exchanger tubing.

I have seen a report referring to a reverse frequency mix of two frequencies. This is an artificial way of enhancing the 40 degrees angle between the wobble signal and the holes signal and is supposed to increase the above angle to 90 degrees. Does anyone know what exactly is reverse mix?

Thank you in advance

Richard D. Roberts
Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group, USA, Joined Nov 1998, 78

Richard D. Roberts

Engineering, Executive Managment
Quest Integrity Group,
USA,
Joined Nov 1998
00:52 Jun-24-2000
Re: ID pit sizing
gle to 90 degrees. Does anyone know what exactly is reverse mix?

: Thank you in advance

James Doyle
James Doyle
02:19 Jul-21-2000
: I am looking for updated information about sizing of ID pits with eddy currents in heat exchanger tubing.

: I have seen a report referring to a reverse frequency mix of two frequencies. This is an artificial way of enhancing the 40 degrees angle between the wobble signal and the holes signal and is supposed to increase the above angle to 90 degrees. Does anyone know what exactly is reverse mix?

: Thank you in advance

Also see www.visualogic.com

Good luck,

Jim Doyle

John Hansen
Director, - Eddy Current Technology
ETher NDE Ltd, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 73

John Hansen

Director, - Eddy Current Technology
ETher NDE Ltd,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
04:01 Aug-09-2000
I guess a reverse mix is to take the data from two channels at different frequencies and then instead of removing an unwanted signal add together the siganl you want. How this is done to maintain sensititvity is a ggod question. You could double the height of the through hole and leave the wobble the same by for instance using two channels at the same frequency set the hole to 90 degrees in both, then conpletely attenuate the x axis on one and then add together both signals and then rotate the hole to 40 degrees.

You could also mix the wobble out in this way.

At the EPRI BOP conference in Scottsdale EPRI reported that the most reliable method they had found for depth sizing ID pitting was to use the max Y amp i.e. ignore wobble and phase.

Which if you think about it is much the same as the reverse mix.

Regards

John Hansen
Hocking NDT Ltd
: : I am looking for updated information about sizing of ID pits with eddy currents in heat exchanger tubing.

: : I have seen a report referring to a reverse frequency mix of two frequencies. This is an artificial way of enhancing the 40 degrees angle between the wobble signal and the holes signal and is supposed to increase the above angle to 90 degrees. Does anyone know what exactly is reverse mix?

: : Thank you in advance

:
: Also see www.visualogic.com

: Good luck,

: Jim Doyle

Product Spotlight

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window