where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
casting defects
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

IMechE Engineering Training Solutions
World leading provider of Non-Destructive Testing and Corrosion Prevention and Coatings training, examinations and Level 3 Consultancy Services

05:48 Jul-07-2000

Suresh Palanisamy

Student, - Ph D Engineering
Swinburne University,
Australia,
Joined Jul 2000
casting defects

If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

08:32 Jul-07-2000

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: casting defects : If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

Hi,
We use Resonant Inspection techniques (both Ultrasonic and Acoustic) for inspecting mass produced "smaller" castings.
By "smaller" castings, I mean from a few centimetres in size up to automotive Crankshafts.

Our web pages show more about the Resonant Techniques.
The Ultrasonic technique is the "Quasar" one, and the Acoustic technique is the "RTE" option.

Web Pages address:
www.hands-ndt.co.uk

Regards,

Godfrey Hands

00:40 Jul-26-2000
Will
Re: casting defects Hi, am interested in what results you found with resonant inspection for automated situations.

: : If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

:
: Hi,
: We use Resonant Inspection techniques (both Ultrasonic and Acoustic) for inspecting mass produced "smaller" castings.
: By "smaller" castings, I mean from a few centimetres in size up to automotive Crankshafts.

: Our web pages show more about the Resonant Techniques.
: The Ultrasonic technique is the "Quasar" one, and the Acoustic technique is the "RTE" option.

: Web Pages address:
: www.hands-ndt.co.uk

: Regards,

: Godfrey Hands

00:41 Sep-26-2000
Ajitesh Narayan
Re: casting defects :if anyone is working on centreline shrinkage in austenitic cast iron, let me know

02:25 Oct-12-2000
hamed omer
Re: casting defects : : If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

:
: Hi,
: We use Resonant Inspection techniques (both Ultrasonic and Acoustic) for inspecting mass produced "smaller" castings.
: By "smaller" castings, I mean from a few centimetres in size up to automotive Crankshafts.

: Our web pages show more about the Resonant Techniques.
: The Ultrasonic technique is the "Quasar" one, and the Acoustic technique is the "RTE" option.

: Web Pages address:
: www.hands-ndt.co.uk

: Regards,

: Godfrey Hands

04:42 Oct-16-2000
Anil P M
Re: casting defects I am working in the area of non-destructive testing especially in steel castings for my project work. Could you please send me some journal papers related specifically to Ultrasonic Testing

02:59 Oct-20-2000
anil p m
Re: casting defects : Hi, am interested in what results you found with resonant inspection for automated situations.

: : : If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

: :
: : Hi,
: : We use Resonant Inspection techniques (both Ultrasonic and Acoustic) for inspecting mass produced "smaller" castings.
: : By "smaller" castings, I mean from a few centimetres in size up to automotive Crankshafts.

: : Our web pages show more about the Resonant Techniques.
: : The Ultrasonic technique is the "Quasar" one, and the Acoustic technique is the "RTE" option.

: : Web Pages address:
: : www.hands-ndt.co.uk

: : Regards,

: : Godfrey Hands

02:15 Feb-22-2001
shoia farhan
Re: casting defects : If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

05:27 Feb-22-2001
shoia farhan
Re: casting defects : Hi, i want to know about the type of casting defects
and i want a desscrip of these defects and what is there cuses and how we can avoid it and also i want some figures of these defectes
thx :)
shoia

12:08 Dec-04-2013
san
Re: casting defects In Reply to shoia farhan at 05:27 Feb-22-2001 .

casting dfects in ms word

12:18 Dec-04-2013

S V Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
Re: casting defects In Reply to shoia farhan at 05:27 Feb-22-2001 .

There are many books on the subject. Do a google search and you will find, some free, others at a price...

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|