where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Suresh Palanisamy
Student, - Ph D Engineering
Swinburne University, Australia, Joined Jul 2000, 5

Suresh Palanisamy

Student, - Ph D Engineering
Swinburne University,
Australia,
Joined Jul 2000
05:48 Jul-07-2000
casting defects

If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

Godfrey Hands
Engineering,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 289

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
08:32 Jul-07-2000
Re: casting defects
: If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

Hi,
We use Resonant Inspection techniques (both Ultrasonic and Acoustic) for inspecting mass produced "smaller" castings.
By "smaller" castings, I mean from a few centimetres in size up to automotive Crankshafts.

Our web pages show more about the Resonant Techniques.
The Ultrasonic technique is the "Quasar" one, and the Acoustic technique is the "RTE" option.

Web Pages address:
www.hands-ndt.co.uk

Regards,

Godfrey Hands

Will
Will
00:40 Jul-26-2000
Hi, am interested in what results you found with resonant inspection for automated situations.

: : If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

:
: Hi,
: We use Resonant Inspection techniques (both Ultrasonic and Acoustic) for inspecting mass produced "smaller" castings.
: By "smaller" castings, I mean from a few centimetres in size up to automotive Crankshafts.

: Our web pages show more about the Resonant Techniques.
: The Ultrasonic technique is the "Quasar" one, and the Acoustic technique is the "RTE" option.

: Web Pages address:
: www.hands-ndt.co.uk

: Regards,

: Godfrey Hands

Ajitesh Narayan
Ajitesh Narayan
00:41 Sep-26-2000
:if anyone is working on centreline shrinkage in austenitic cast iron, let me know

hamed omer
hamed omer
02:25 Oct-12-2000
: : If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

:
: Hi,
: We use Resonant Inspection techniques (both Ultrasonic and Acoustic) for inspecting mass produced "smaller" castings.
: By "smaller" castings, I mean from a few centimetres in size up to automotive Crankshafts.

: Our web pages show more about the Resonant Techniques.
: The Ultrasonic technique is the "Quasar" one, and the Acoustic technique is the "RTE" option.

: Web Pages address:
: www.hands-ndt.co.uk

: Regards,

: Godfrey Hands

Anil P M
Anil P M
04:42 Oct-16-2000
I am working in the area of non-destructive testing especially in steel castings for my project work. Could you please send me some journal papers related specifically to Ultrasonic Testing

anil p m
anil p m
02:59 Oct-20-2000
: Hi, am interested in what results you found with resonant inspection for automated situations.

: : : If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

: :
: : Hi,
: : We use Resonant Inspection techniques (both Ultrasonic and Acoustic) for inspecting mass produced "smaller" castings.
: : By "smaller" castings, I mean from a few centimetres in size up to automotive Crankshafts.

: : Our web pages show more about the Resonant Techniques.
: : The Ultrasonic technique is the "Quasar" one, and the Acoustic technique is the "RTE" option.

: : Web Pages address:
: : www.hands-ndt.co.uk

: : Regards,

: : Godfrey Hands

shoia farhan
shoia farhan
02:15 Feb-22-2001
: If anybody working on casting defects with ultrasonics please let me know

shoia farhan
shoia farhan
05:27 Feb-22-2001
: Hi, i want to know about the type of casting defects
and i want a desscrip of these defects and what is there cuses and how we can avoid it and also i want some figures of these defectes
thx :)
shoia

san
san
12:08 Dec-04-2013
In Reply to shoia farhan at 05:27 Feb-22-2001 .

casting dfects in ms word

S V Swamy
Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex , India, Joined Feb 2001, 785

S V Swamy

Engineering, - Material Testing Inspection & Quality Control
Retired from Nuclear Fuel Complex ,
India,
Joined Feb 2001
12:18 Dec-04-2013
In Reply to shoia farhan at 05:27 Feb-22-2001 .

There are many books on the subject. Do a google search and you will find, some free, others at a price...

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Trade-In Offer

We are offering our existing clients trade-in against Wavemaker® G3 systems, Standard (Blue) inflat
able rings and modules for excellent deals on the latest Wavemaker® G4mini system.
>

HD-CR 35 NDT Computed Radiography System

Portable high-resolution CR scanner for all radiography applications - weld testing, profile images
and aerospace. No matter what type of radiographic testing you are performing, the unique TreFoc Technology of the HD-CR 35 NDT imaging plate scanner always guarantees the highest image quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window