where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
J Rasmussen
J Rasmussen
00:36 Jul-13-2000
UT: Shear vs longitudinal waves in concrete

I am looking for information regarding the propagation of shear waves in concrete. Also differences between shear and longitudinal waves when propagated in a non homogeneous media.
I have not found much on the web regarding this so please help me if you have any information, weblinks or papers.

Thanks!

Uli Mletzko
R & D, Retired
Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 89

Uli Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
01:28 Jul-13-2000
Re: UT: Shear vs longitudinal waves in concrete
: I am looking for information regarding the propagation of shear waves in concrete. Also differences between shear and longitudinal waves when propagated in a non homogeneous media.
: I have not found much on the web regarding this so please help me if you have any information, weblinks or papers.

: Thanks!

There is a lot of publications on the propagation of elastic waves in anisotropic materials, especially on this site (www.ndt.net).
Have a look not only on the field of civil engineering, but also on the field of geo sciences (earth quakes etc.) and on the field of nuclear engineering (austenitic stainless steel weldments).
Use the keywords 'NDT' or 'NDE' (nondestructive testing/evaluation).

Regards
Uli Mletzko
NDT Group, MPA,
University of Stuttgart, Germany

Product Spotlight

Semi-Automated Phased Array Immersion System for Small Composite Parts

Turn-key semi-automated system as an improved and affordable solution for inspection of small comp
osite parts. Includes support table, immersion tank, scanner, PA instrument, PC, Analysis software, database, wedge management and other options.
>

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window