where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
UT: Shear vs longitudinal waves in concrete
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world’s largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.

00:36 Jul-13-2000
J Rasmussen
UT: Shear vs longitudinal waves in concrete

I am looking for information regarding the propagation of shear waves in concrete. Also differences between shear and longitudinal waves when propagated in a non homogeneous media.
I have not found much on the web regarding this so please help me if you have any information, weblinks or papers.

Thanks!

01:28 Jul-13-2000

Uli Mletzko

R & D, Retired
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: UT: Shear vs longitudinal waves in concrete : I am looking for information regarding the propagation of shear waves in concrete. Also differences between shear and longitudinal waves when propagated in a non homogeneous media.
: I have not found much on the web regarding this so please help me if you have any information, weblinks or papers.

: Thanks!

There is a lot of publications on the propagation of elastic waves in anisotropic materials, especially on this site (www.ndt.net).
Have a look not only on the field of civil engineering, but also on the field of geo sciences (earth quakes etc.) and on the field of nuclear engineering (austenitic stainless steel weldments).
Use the keywords 'NDT' or 'NDE' (nondestructive testing/evaluation).

Regards
Uli Mletzko
NDT Group, MPA,
University of Stuttgart, Germany

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|