where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
David Singer
David Singer
01:38 Jul-13-2000
Need NDT Statistics.

Hi everyone,
I was hoping that someone could point to a site where I could find statistics involving the NDT field and the use of real time X-Ray systems as apposed the use of film and portable systems as apposed to static ones. I know this is a tall order, but any assistance would be much appreciated.
many thanks
David Singer

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
04:07 Jul-26-2000
Re: Need NDT Statistics.
: Hi everyone,
: I was hoping that someone could point to a site where I could find statistics involving the NDT field and the use of real time X-Ray systems as apposed the use of film and portable systems as apposed to static ones. I know this is a tall order, but any assistance would be much appreciated.
: many thanks
: David Singer

I think you are correct in your statement that this is a tall order. Both systems are suited for different applications. It could not be said what was used more than another unless the specific application was specified.

Welds would be mostly inspected by traditional gamma or xray with film

I have heard in the USA realtime radiography is used 'sometimes' for the inspection of clad piping. This is very expensive hence the numerous other inspection techniques being developed to do this job.

Customs and sercurity inspections are majority realtime applications, like airport security and border checks.

Aviation related inspections use realtime applications where numerous similar components are inspected.

That in a nutshell is my breakdown of real time versus normal techniques. Maybe manufacturers of equipment can tell you what percentage of equipment is sold.

The last point is the emergence of digital radiography were imaging plates are used instead of film. Now I am not sure if this is considered real time maybe some experts in this field can comment.

Kindest Regards

Michael Trinidad

Product Spotlight

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Lyft™: Pulsed Eddy Current Reinvented

PEC Reinvented—CUI Programs Redefined Corrosion under insulation (CUI) is possibly the greatest u
nresolved asset integrity problem in the industry. Current methods for measuring wall thickness with liftoff, without removing insulation, all have severe limitations. Eddyfi introduces Lyft — a reinvented, high-performance pulsed eddy current (PEC) solution. The patent- pending system features a state-of-the-art portable instrument, real- time C-scan imaging, fast data acquisition with grid-mapping and dynamic scanning modes, and flexibility with long cables. It can also scan through thick metal and insulation, as well as aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel weather jackets. Who else but Eddyfi to reinvent an eddy current technique and redefine CUI programs. Got Lyft?
>

GEKKO - Portable Phased Array Testing with TFM in Real-Time

The portable phased array testing system GEKKO provides 64 parallel test channels. On creating testi
ng parameters the operator is assisted by the CIVA software. Due to its modular set-up the GEKKO instrument is suitable for operators of all skill levels.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s