where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
David Singer
David Singer
01:38 Jul-13-2000
Need NDT Statistics.

Hi everyone,
I was hoping that someone could point to a site where I could find statistics involving the NDT field and the use of real time X-Ray systems as apposed the use of film and portable systems as apposed to static ones. I know this is a tall order, but any assistance would be much appreciated.
many thanks
David Singer

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 141

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
04:07 Jul-26-2000
Re: Need NDT Statistics.
: Hi everyone,
: I was hoping that someone could point to a site where I could find statistics involving the NDT field and the use of real time X-Ray systems as apposed the use of film and portable systems as apposed to static ones. I know this is a tall order, but any assistance would be much appreciated.
: many thanks
: David Singer

I think you are correct in your statement that this is a tall order. Both systems are suited for different applications. It could not be said what was used more than another unless the specific application was specified.

Welds would be mostly inspected by traditional gamma or xray with film

I have heard in the USA realtime radiography is used 'sometimes' for the inspection of clad piping. This is very expensive hence the numerous other inspection techniques being developed to do this job.

Customs and sercurity inspections are majority realtime applications, like airport security and border checks.

Aviation related inspections use realtime applications where numerous similar components are inspected.

That in a nutshell is my breakdown of real time versus normal techniques. Maybe manufacturers of equipment can tell you what percentage of equipment is sold.

The last point is the emergence of digital radiography were imaging plates are used instead of film. Now I am not sure if this is considered real time maybe some experts in this field can comment.

Kindest Regards

Michael Trinidad

Product Spotlight

Eddy Current inspection : RotoETscan Rotating Head

The rotating head RotoETscan detects the presence of longitudinal surface or sub surface defects a
t high speed. The rotating head is often installed directly on the production line. It is generally dedicated to the control of long products such as tubes, bars and wires, made of ferrous or non-ferrous material. It can also be used for inspection of small parts (billets).
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window