where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Need NDT Statistics.
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

ZETEC, Inc.
is your Key Supplier of Phased Array UT and Eddy Current Solutions.– Complete and Fully Integrated!

01:38 Jul-13-2000
David Singer
Need NDT Statistics.

Hi everyone,
I was hoping that someone could point to a site where I could find statistics involving the NDT field and the use of real time X-Ray systems as apposed the use of film and portable systems as apposed to static ones. I know this is a tall order, but any assistance would be much appreciated.
many thanks
David Singer

04:07 Jul-26-2000

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: Need NDT Statistics. : Hi everyone,
: I was hoping that someone could point to a site where I could find statistics involving the NDT field and the use of real time X-Ray systems as apposed the use of film and portable systems as apposed to static ones. I know this is a tall order, but any assistance would be much appreciated.
: many thanks
: David Singer

I think you are correct in your statement that this is a tall order. Both systems are suited for different applications. It could not be said what was used more than another unless the specific application was specified.

Welds would be mostly inspected by traditional gamma or xray with film

I have heard in the USA realtime radiography is used 'sometimes' for the inspection of clad piping. This is very expensive hence the numerous other inspection techniques being developed to do this job.

Customs and sercurity inspections are majority realtime applications, like airport security and border checks.

Aviation related inspections use realtime applications where numerous similar components are inspected.

That in a nutshell is my breakdown of real time versus normal techniques. Maybe manufacturers of equipment can tell you what percentage of equipment is sold.

The last point is the emergence of digital radiography were imaging plates are used instead of film. Now I am not sure if this is considered real time maybe some experts in this field can comment.

Kindest Regards

Michael Trinidad

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|