where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.

Technical Discussions
David Singer
David Singer
01:38 Jul-13-2000
Need NDT Statistics.

Hi everyone,
I was hoping that someone could point to a site where I could find statistics involving the NDT field and the use of real time X-Ray systems as apposed the use of film and portable systems as apposed to static ones. I know this is a tall order, but any assistance would be much appreciated.
many thanks
David Singer

Michael Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Michael Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
04:07 Jul-26-2000
Re: Need NDT Statistics.
: Hi everyone,
: I was hoping that someone could point to a site where I could find statistics involving the NDT field and the use of real time X-Ray systems as apposed the use of film and portable systems as apposed to static ones. I know this is a tall order, but any assistance would be much appreciated.
: many thanks
: David Singer

I think you are correct in your statement that this is a tall order. Both systems are suited for different applications. It could not be said what was used more than another unless the specific application was specified.

Welds would be mostly inspected by traditional gamma or xray with film

I have heard in the USA realtime radiography is used 'sometimes' for the inspection of clad piping. This is very expensive hence the numerous other inspection techniques being developed to do this job.

Customs and sercurity inspections are majority realtime applications, like airport security and border checks.

Aviation related inspections use realtime applications where numerous similar components are inspected.

That in a nutshell is my breakdown of real time versus normal techniques. Maybe manufacturers of equipment can tell you what percentage of equipment is sold.

The last point is the emergence of digital radiography were imaging plates are used instead of film. Now I am not sure if this is considered real time maybe some experts in this field can comment.

Kindest Regards

Michael Trinidad

Product Spotlight

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Cygnus 6+ PRO Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge

The Cygnus 6+ PRO thickness gauge is the most advance gauge within the Cygnus range with key featu
res including: comprehensive data logging; A-scan and B-scan display; manual gain control; Bluetooth connectivity; and much more. With its unique dual display and three measuring modes (Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo), this surface thickness gauge offers maximum versatility for inspections.
>

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window