where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc.
Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc. specializes in the design of small portable AE instruments for field and lab use.

Technical Discussions
young
young
01:32 Jul-16-2000
Lamb wave attenuation

Hello all,

i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

if anyone knows how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me.

thanks for your time.

young

philippe combette
philippe combette
09:09 Jul-18-2000
Re: Lamb wave attenuation
Hello,
perhaps you could find something interesting in the book of Auld "Acoustic fields and waves in solids volume 2"

: Hello all,

: i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

: if anyone knows how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me.

: thanks for your time.

: young
:

Kashif Hussain
Kashif Hussain
05:15 Feb-28-2001
Hello Young,

i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

if you know how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me in english language.
Have you a english version of your thesis too.

thanks for your time.

Kashif

Loic Martinez
R & D
SWAM, France, Joined Aug 2000, 1

Loic Martinez

R & D
SWAM,
France,
Joined Aug 2000
01:03 Mar-02-2001
Hello Kashif,
Sorry, I don't have an English version of my thesis, but parts of the main chapters are published english papers that you can find on my website: http://membres.tripod.fr/SWAM/SWAM/publi.htm
In these papers (ref 11 and 14), you will find several methods (Surface Wave Analysis Methods SWAM), for measuring both attenautation and wave numbers of Lamb waves.
See also the excellent papers of Vollman and Dual in JASA.
I'm now doing my research in Paris, so feel free to contact me for more experimental details/meeting.

Success in your investigation.

Loic Martinez
Laboratoire d'Electronique Appliquée de Cergy

Product Spotlight

Teletest Focus+

Teletest Focus+ electronics have superior capabilities than rivals on the market. Beyond the usual
test features, Focus+ has 24 transmit channels and 24 receive channels, with an additional on-board switching capabilities. The instrument's frequency range is 10–300 kHz.
>

Echomac® PA Rail Wheel Tester

MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requ
irements.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

SITEX CPSERIES

Teledyne ICM’s CPSERIES has been designed with a view to revolutionizing the handling and perfor
mances of portable X-Ray sets. Despite having managed to halve the weight of similar portable X-Ray generators available on the market (while continuing to provide the same power output), the SITEX CPSERIES generators feature a shutter, a laser pointer, a beryllium window, an aluminum filter and two integrated diaphragms (customized sizes are available upon request). Without compromising the robustness and reliability for which ICM products are renowned, the small size and light weight of the SITEX CPSERIES will radically change the way that you perform your RT inspections. And you will see a positive impact in terms of both quality and return on investment (ROI).
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window