where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Sonatest Ltd
From our three distinct business centres in the UK, USA and CANADA, Sonatest design and produce a leading range of high performance ultrasonic NDT equipment and accessories.

Technical Discussions
young
young
01:32 Jul-16-2000
Lamb wave attenuation

Hello all,

i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

if anyone knows how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me.

thanks for your time.

young

philippe combette
philippe combette
09:09 Jul-18-2000
Re: Lamb wave attenuation
Hello,
perhaps you could find something interesting in the book of Auld "Acoustic fields and waves in solids volume 2"

: Hello all,

: i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

: if anyone knows how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me.

: thanks for your time.

: young
:

Kashif Hussain
Kashif Hussain
05:15 Feb-28-2001
Hello Young,

i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

if you know how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me in english language.
Have you a english version of your thesis too.

thanks for your time.

Kashif

Loic Martinez
R & D
SWAM, France, Joined Aug 2000, 1

Loic Martinez

R & D
SWAM,
France,
Joined Aug 2000
01:03 Mar-02-2001
Hello Kashif,
Sorry, I don't have an English version of my thesis, but parts of the main chapters are published english papers that you can find on my website: http://membres.tripod.fr/SWAM/SWAM/publi.htm
In these papers (ref 11 and 14), you will find several methods (Surface Wave Analysis Methods SWAM), for measuring both attenautation and wave numbers of Lamb waves.
See also the excellent papers of Vollman and Dual in JASA.
I'm now doing my research in Paris, so feel free to contact me for more experimental details/meeting.

Success in your investigation.

Loic Martinez
Laboratoire d'Electronique Appliquée de Cergy

Product Spotlight

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window