where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
young
young
01:32 Jul-16-2000
Lamb wave attenuation

Hello all,

i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

if anyone knows how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me.

thanks for your time.

young

philippe combette
philippe combette
09:09 Jul-18-2000
Re: Lamb wave attenuation
Hello,
perhaps you could find something interesting in the book of Auld "Acoustic fields and waves in solids volume 2"

: Hello all,

: i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

: if anyone knows how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me.

: thanks for your time.

: young
:

Kashif Hussain
Kashif Hussain
05:15 Feb-28-2001
Hello Young,

i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

if you know how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me in english language.
Have you a english version of your thesis too.

thanks for your time.

Kashif

Loic Martinez
R & D
SWAM, France, Joined Aug 2000, 1

Loic Martinez

R & D
SWAM,
France,
Joined Aug 2000
01:03 Mar-02-2001
Hello Kashif,
Sorry, I don't have an English version of my thesis, but parts of the main chapters are published english papers that you can find on my website: http://membres.tripod.fr/SWAM/SWAM/publi.htm
In these papers (ref 11 and 14), you will find several methods (Surface Wave Analysis Methods SWAM), for measuring both attenautation and wave numbers of Lamb waves.
See also the excellent papers of Vollman and Dual in JASA.
I'm now doing my research in Paris, so feel free to contact me for more experimental details/meeting.

Success in your investigation.

Loic Martinez
Laboratoire d'Electronique Appliquée de Cergy

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

UCI Hardness Tester NOVOTEST T-U2

UCI hardness tester NOVOTEST T-U2 is is used for non-destructive hardness testing of: metals and
alloys by scales of hardness: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV); non-ferrous metals, alloys of iron etc., and using five additional scales for calibration; with tensile strength (Rm) scale determines the tensile strength of carbon steel pearlitic products by automatic recalculation from Brinell (HB) hardness scale.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window