where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Phoenix Inspection Systems Limited
Design and manufacture ultrasonic Transducers, Scanners and Custom Solutions for NDT inspections. Innovators in NDT technology
Technical Discussions
young
young
01:32 Jul-16-2000
Lamb wave attenuation

Hello all,

i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

if anyone knows how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me.

thanks for your time.

young

philippe combette
philippe combette
09:09 Jul-18-2000
Re: Lamb wave attenuation
Hello,
perhaps you could find something interesting in the book of Auld "Acoustic fields and waves in solids volume 2"

: Hello all,

: i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

: if anyone knows how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me.

: thanks for your time.

: young
:

Kashif Hussain
Kashif Hussain
05:15 Feb-28-2001
Hello Young,

i am searching for the paper or any kind of book or information about how to find Lamb wave attenuation.

if you know how to find Lamb (or guided) wave attenuation or books, papers, please tell me in english language.
Have you a english version of your thesis too.

thanks for your time.

Kashif

Loic Martinez
R & D
SWAM, France, Joined Aug 2000, 1

Loic Martinez

R & D
SWAM,
France,
Joined Aug 2000
01:03 Mar-02-2001
Hello Kashif,
Sorry, I don't have an English version of my thesis, but parts of the main chapters are published english papers that you can find on my website: http://membres.tripod.fr/SWAM/SWAM/publi.htm
In these papers (ref 11 and 14), you will find several methods (Surface Wave Analysis Methods SWAM), for measuring both attenautation and wave numbers of Lamb waves.
See also the excellent papers of Vollman and Dual in JASA.
I'm now doing my research in Paris, so feel free to contact me for more experimental details/meeting.

Success in your investigation.

Loic Martinez
Laboratoire d'Electronique Appliquée de Cergy

Product Spotlight

Research Center IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque Research centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system f
or the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

MIZ®-21C: Truly Affordable Eddy Current Handheld with Surface Array Capability

Introducing MIZ-21C, the first truly affordable handheld eddy current instrument with surface array
capabilities. MIZ-21C can deliver fast, accurate inspections in demanding NDT applications including aerospace, oil and gas, manufacturing, and power generation. The surface array solution can reduce inspection time by up to 95% compared to traditional handheld pencil probes. The ergonomic design, long battery life, and intuitive touchscreen mean you can inspect more areas faster than ever without fatigue.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window