where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
backing load
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc.
Acoustic Emission Consulting, Inc. specializes in the design of small portable AE instruments for field and lab use.

01:47 Jul-20-2000

simone brocco

Student
university,
Italy,
Joined Jul 2000
backing load

My name is Simone Brocco, I'm an Italian student in his final year in Biomedical Engineering- "La Sapienza" University in Rome (Italy).
I'm working on my thesis concerning Ultrasonic Transducers for Noninvasive Medical Application: probe (backing load,bonding layer,PZT,matching layers and acousticFor my thesis I'm now verifying the correspondence between the texts on the argument and the effective realization by constructors. I'm analiyzing a Toshiba's probe (you can see it in the file enclosed, called probe ). By a SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) analysis the composition of the backing material has resulted (weight percent):
Cl=40
Si=1.27
S=9.48
K=18.39
Ca=4.36
Fe=6.68
Pb=17
Ti=2.58
What kind of backing material is? (i.e. tungsten/epoxy...)
On the rear face of the backing there is a circular blind hole (you can see it in the file enclosed, called blind hole ). What's its use?
Dividing the backing and the electric circuitation there is an air layer. why? May be an insulating or an ulterior backing layer?
Moreover, on the rear face of a different probe at the end of the backing there is a glass plate bonded.What's its use?

Thank you very much for your attention

Simone Brocco
al lens).

00:22 Jul-20-2000
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Heinz
Re: backing load : My name is Simone Brocco, I'm an Italian student in his final year in Biomedical Engineering- "La Sapienza" University in Rome (Italy).
: I'm working on my thesis concerning Ultrasonic Transducers for Noninvasive Medical Application: probe (backing load,bonding layer,PZT,matching layers and acousticFor my thesis I'm now verifying the correspondence between the texts on the argument and the effective realization by constructors. I'm analiyzing a Toshiba's probe (you can see it in the file enclosed, called probe ). By a SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) analysis the composition of the backing material has resulted (weight percent):
: Cl=40
: Si=1.27
: S=9.48
: K=18.39
: Ca=4.36
: Fe=6.68
: Pb=17
: Ti=2.58
: What kind of backing material is? (i.e. tungsten/epoxy...)
: On the rear face of the backing there is a circular blind hole (you can see it in the file enclosed, called blind hole ). What's its use?
: Dividing the backing and the electric circuitation there is an air layer. why? May be an insulating or an ulterior backing layer?
: Moreover, on the rear face of a different probe at the end of the backing there is a glass plate bonded.What's its use?
:
: Thank you very much for your attention
:
: Simone Brocco
: al lens).
Dear Mr. Brocco,

unfortunately your file which should be enclosed is not attached. Could you specify a web page where I can download the file? Or could you send it directly to my email adress heinz@ibmt.fhg.de ?

Best regards,

Martin Heinz.

08:27 Nov-15-2001
harish tikadia
Re: backing load : : My name is Simone Brocco, I'm an Italian student in his final year in Biomedical Engineering- "La Sapienza" University in Rome (Italy).
: : I'm working on my thesis concerning Ultrasonic Transducers for Noninvasive Medical Application: probe (backing load,bonding layer,PZT,matching layers and acousticFor my thesis I'm now verifying the correspondence between the texts on the argument and the effective realization by constructors. I'm analiyzing a Toshiba's probe (you can see it in the file enclosed, called probe ). By a SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) analysis the composition of the backing material has resulted (weight percent):
: : Cl=40
: : Si=1.27
: : S=9.48
: : K=18.39
: : Ca=4.36
: : Fe=6.68
: : Pb=17
: : Ti=2.58
: : What kind of backing material is? (i.e. tungsten/epoxy...)
: : On the rear face of the backing there is a circular blind hole (you can see it in the file enclosed, called blind hole ). What's its use?
: : Dividing the backing and the electric circuitation there is an air layer. why? May be an insulating or an ulterior backing layer?
: : Moreover, on the rear face of a different probe at the end of the backing there is a glass plate bonded.What's its use?
: :
: : Thank you very much for your attention
: :
: : Simone Brocco
: : al lens).
: Dear Mr. Brocco,

: unfortunately your file which should be enclosed is not attached. Could you specify a web page where I can download the file? Or could you send it directly to my email adress heinz@ibmt.fhg.de ?

: Best regards,

: Martin Heinz.

followed by harish

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|