where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
Refinery Leaks
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

05:45 Jul-27-2000
David
Refinery Leaks

Hi -
I am trying to estimate the amount of fugitive emissions from domestic petrochem plants,
especially leaks from in-service process piping.
Would anyone be able to assist me ?
Thanks much,
David

07:38 Jul-27-2000

John O'Brien

Consultant, -
Chevron ETC ,
USA,
Joined Jan 2000
Re: Refinery Leaks Part of our core business. We assist people in moving towards zero flareing and provide the only fully quantitative leak detection system on the market.
You need to be very specific about what you want to do:
Statistically most losses are through leaking valves into the flare system. 5-10% of valves leak and 2-3% of valves are responsible for 70% of the losses in a refinery.
We have over 200 facilities worldwide using the VPAC 5131 system which uses software developed by BP and exclusively sold under licence.
We also provide airborne leak detection equipment.
Low frequency detection equipment for high sensitivity loss surveys on piping.
Permanent monitoring sensors and alram systems which can be fed into your DCS systems.
Send me more details on what you want to achieve and we can forward litreature or arrange demonstrations.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|