where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Technical Discussions
Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 293

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
04:32 Jul-31-2000
General NDT Questions

Hallo Everybody,
I have become somewhat concerned about the number of questions being asked about basics of different NDT techniques.
If a person needs to know these things due to his professional position, but does not know them, then he is not suitably qualified for the position that he is holding.

There are many training courses to Level I, II and III throughout the world. Many of the questions asked should have been answerable by at least a Level I, or else a Level II, but to have to know this means that the person appears to be holding a position equivalent to Level III.

Please look at available training course, else but some basic books on the subject.

Godfrey Hands

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 604

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
05:40 Jul-31-2000
Re: General NDT Questions
d cannot control forum discussions (besides blatant ads).
Also I cannot avoid that many companies with advertising budgets do not go
to the NDT.net exhibition instead doing their marketing in the forum.

Kind Regards

Rolf

: Hallo Everybody,
: I have become somewhat concerned about the number of questions being asked about basics of different NDT techniques.
: If a person needs to know these things due to his professional position, but does not know them, then he is not suitably qualified for the position that he is holding.

: There are many training courses to Level I, II and III throughout the world. Many of the questions asked should have been answerable by at least a Level I, or else a Level II, but to have to know this means that the person appears to be holding a position equivalent to Level III.

: Please look at available training course, else but some basic books on the subject.

: Godfrey Hands

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window