where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions >
General NDT Questions
Career Discussions
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

YXLON Copenhagen
YXLON Copenhagen is a highly specialized, award winning Danish company with 60 years of experience in portable X-ray solutions for industrial NDT.

04:32 Jul-31-2000

Godfrey Hands

Engineering,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
General NDT Questions

Hallo Everybody,
I have become somewhat concerned about the number of questions being asked about basics of different NDT techniques.
If a person needs to know these things due to his professional position, but does not know them, then he is not suitably qualified for the position that he is holding.

There are many training courses to Level I, II and III throughout the world. Many of the questions asked should have been answerable by at least a Level I, or else a Level II, but to have to know this means that the person appears to be holding a position equivalent to Level III.

Please look at available training course, else but some basic books on the subject.

Godfrey Hands

05:40 Jul-31-2000

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor, Publisher, Internet, PHP MySQL
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
Re: General NDT Questions d cannot control forum discussions (besides blatant ads).
Also I cannot avoid that many companies with advertising budgets do not go
to the NDT.net exhibition instead doing their marketing in the forum.

Kind Regards

Rolf

: Hallo Everybody,
: I have become somewhat concerned about the number of questions being asked about basics of different NDT techniques.
: If a person needs to know these things due to his professional position, but does not know them, then he is not suitably qualified for the position that he is holding.

: There are many training courses to Level I, II and III throughout the world. Many of the questions asked should have been answerable by at least a Level I, or else a Level II, but to have to know this means that the person appears to be holding a position equivalent to Level III.

: Please look at available training course, else but some basic books on the subject.

: Godfrey Hands

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|