where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Technical Discussions
Godfrey Hands
Consultant,
PRI Nadcap, United Kingdom, Joined Nov 1998, 304

Godfrey Hands

Consultant,
PRI Nadcap,
United Kingdom,
Joined Nov 1998
04:32 Jul-31-2000
General NDT Questions

Hallo Everybody,
I have become somewhat concerned about the number of questions being asked about basics of different NDT techniques.
If a person needs to know these things due to his professional position, but does not know them, then he is not suitably qualified for the position that he is holding.

There are many training courses to Level I, II and III throughout the world. Many of the questions asked should have been answerable by at least a Level I, or else a Level II, but to have to know this means that the person appears to be holding a position equivalent to Level III.

Please look at available training course, else but some basic books on the subject.

Godfrey Hands

Rolf Diederichs
Director,
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 608

Rolf Diederichs

Director,
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
05:40 Jul-31-2000
Re: General NDT Questions
d cannot control forum discussions (besides blatant ads).
Also I cannot avoid that many companies with advertising budgets do not go
to the NDT.net exhibition instead doing their marketing in the forum.

Kind Regards

Rolf

: Hallo Everybody,
: I have become somewhat concerned about the number of questions being asked about basics of different NDT techniques.
: If a person needs to know these things due to his professional position, but does not know them, then he is not suitably qualified for the position that he is holding.

: There are many training courses to Level I, II and III throughout the world. Many of the questions asked should have been answerable by at least a Level I, or else a Level II, but to have to know this means that the person appears to be holding a position equivalent to Level III.

: Please look at available training course, else but some basic books on the subject.

: Godfrey Hands

Product Spotlight

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Combination of Digital Image Correlation and Thermographic Measurements

The combination of measuring results from the digital image correlation (ARAMIS, DIC) and temperat
ure measuring data from infrared cameras permits the simultaneous analysis of the thermal and mechanical behavior of test specimens in the materials and components testing field.
>

Conformable wedge transducer

The conformability is obtained with a flexible membrane filled with water between the transducer and
the inspected component. The coupling between the membrane and the component requires a small quantity of water or couplant. The conformable wedge combines the acoustic performance of immersion technique with good coupling and low attenuation.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window