where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Indrajit
Indrajit
01:20 Jan-30-2003
Non contact inspection queary

If someone please let me know about weblink or journal where i can know more about non contact inspection.

Rolf Diederichs
Director, Editor
NDT.net, Germany, Joined Nov 1998, 603

Rolf Diederichs

Director, Editor
NDT.net,
Germany,
Joined Nov 1998
02:31 Feb-02-2003
Re: Non contact inspection queary
: If someone please let me know about weblink or journal where i can know more about non contact inspection.
----------------------

Non-contact inspection is a very wide subject and many NDT methods working in non-contact technique.
The term "non-contact" is commonly used in relation to ultrasonic testing and I guess that you refer to this.

Articles about "non-contact" have been published in many journals and of course the Internet is full of links.
But how to search?

NDT.net's Descriptors will guide you directly to topical articles.
http://www.ndt.net/search/searchar.htm

UT (791 results)
- non-contact (62 results)
--- air-coupled (17 results)
--- laser ultrasound (31 results)
--- EMAT (25 results)

Descriptor "non-contact" finds 62 good results:
http://www.ndt.net/cgi-bin/htsearch?&format=long&matchesperpage=10&config=localdes&restrict=www.ndt.net%2Farticle%2F&method=and&words=CT__non-contact

With the descriptor search you can spend already
many hours to read and investigate the results.
But if you have still TIME you can try more broader searches at NDT.net:

Search in All Fields (entire Server) finds 325 results for "non-contact".
Search in All Fields (entire Server) finds 263 results for "non-contact and ultrasonic".
Search in Articles finds 134 results for "non-contact".
Search in Articles finds 106 results for "non-contact and ultrasonic".

Virtual Library (NDT Internet Search) finds 378 results for "non-contact".
Virtual Library (NDT Internet Search) finds 316 results for "non-contact and ultrasonic".

Still not enough results?

In AltaVista you can find 445 search results for "non contact inspection" (Google 714).

Results of some other search strategies:
AltaVista found 89 results for ""non-contact inspection" AND ultrasonic" (Google 193)
AltaVista found 4,985 results for "non-contact and ultrasonic". (Google 9,180)
With last one you will be swamped with Non-Contact Ultrasonic Distance Sensors.

Good Luck!

Rolf Diederichs

Product Spotlight

AMIGO2

TSC Amigo2 - ACFM technology has developed a solid reputation for accurately detecting and sizing
surface-breaking cracks through paint and coatings. As the industry demands increased performance in speed, signal quality, and portability, it’s time for an evolution. It’s time for Amigo2.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

ISONIC 3510

Very Powerful Superior Performance Extremely Portable Smart Phased Array Ultrasonic Flaw Detector an
d Recorder with 2 Conventional UT and TOFD Channels uniquely combines PA, single- and multi-channel conventional UT, and TOFD modalities providing 100% raw data recording and imaging. Suitable for all kinds of every-day ultrasonic inspections
>

Varex Imaging Large Field of View (FOV) Digital Detector Arrays (DDAs)

A larger FOV DDA can reduce the space and volume of the X-ray inspection system on the factory floor
, enable faster scanning times, better throughput and better resolution images at a lower dose. Customers can also save time and money. With these benefits in mind, Varex Imaging has designed a family of large FOV detectors (4343HE, XRD 1611, 4343DX-I, 4343CT) for our industrial imaging customers.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window