where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

EKOSCAN
EKOSCAN is a French manufacturer specialized in equipment for ultrasonic Non Destructive Testing: Probes,UT boards & Scanners tailored for your needs
Career Discussions
Rena Smith
Rena Smith
08:48 Mar-22-2003
Certification

Hi All,
I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
Thank you,
Rena Smith

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
08:56 Mar-22-2003
Re: Certification
You can order documents pertaining to NDT on www.techstreet.com or you can find lots of NDT resources, including listings of companies providing training, on www.asnt.org.

NDT-CGI can assist you in establishing or upgrading your NDT capabilities. Please visit the NDT-CGI website at www.ndt-cgi.com for more information.

: Hi All,
: I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
: Thank you,
: Rena Smith

Dennis J. Kallhof
Dennis J. Kallhof
01:18 Mar-24-2003
Re: Certification
: Hi All,
: I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
: Thank you,
: Rena Smith
Rena,

NAS 410 has everything you need for NDT Certification.
The penetrant spec recognized by larger engine manufacturers as an acceptable alternative to their STANDARD PRACTICES is AMS 2647. The materials are covered by AMS 2644.
The magnetic particle spec referred to is ASTM E 1444. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions feel free to E-mail.
djkallhof@componentrepair.com

Product Spotlight

FlexoFORM™

The FlexoFORM™ solution integrates flexible phased array probe technology in a scanner to solv
e the challenges that come with inspecting pipe elbows. When combined with a water column, this solution can be used to collect easy-to-interpret data on elbows with diameters ranging from 4.5 in. OD up to flat and offers many benefits.
>

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

Immersion systems

ScanMaster ultrasonic immersion systems are designed for high throughput, multi shift operation in a
n industrial or lab environment. These fully integrated systems provide various scanning configurations and incorporate conventional and phased arrays technologies to support diverse applications, such as inspection of disks, bars, shafts, billets and plates. All of ScanMaster immersion systems are built from high accuracy scanning frames allowing for scanning of complex parts and include a multi-channel ultrasonic instrument with exceptional performance. The systems are approved by all major manufacturers for C-scan inspection of jet engine forged discs. Together with a comprehensive set of software modules these flexible series of systems provide the customer with the best price performance solutions.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window