where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

FI Test- und Messtechnik GmbH
a small high-tech company. We are focused on non-destructive measurement.

Career Discussions
Rena Smith
Rena Smith
08:48 Mar-22-2003
Certification

Hi All,
I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
Thank you,
Rena Smith

William Blum
Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc., USA, Joined Nov 2000, 89

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
08:56 Mar-22-2003
Re: Certification
You can order documents pertaining to NDT on www.techstreet.com or you can find lots of NDT resources, including listings of companies providing training, on www.asnt.org.

NDT-CGI can assist you in establishing or upgrading your NDT capabilities. Please visit the NDT-CGI website at www.ndt-cgi.com for more information.

: Hi All,
: I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
: Thank you,
: Rena Smith

Dennis J. Kallhof
Dennis J. Kallhof
01:18 Mar-24-2003
Re: Certification
: Hi All,
: I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
: Thank you,
: Rena Smith
Rena,

NAS 410 has everything you need for NDT Certification.
The penetrant spec recognized by larger engine manufacturers as an acceptable alternative to their STANDARD PRACTICES is AMS 2647. The materials are covered by AMS 2644.
The magnetic particle spec referred to is ASTM E 1444. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions feel free to E-mail.
djkallhof@componentrepair.com

Product Spotlight

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

Alpha Pro Digital Radiography System

The Alpha Pro digital X-ray system is the ideal system for your NDT \r\nneeds, as it offers amazin
g 16 bit images which enable the highest \r\nlevel of detection and identification of hairline cracks. While weighing only 3kg (6.6lbs), this panel has the largest imaging area: 35 X 43 cm (14X17 in).
>

NEW - TD Focus-ScanRX

The NEW Next Generation Advanced UT platform, TD Focus ScanRX - Also available as a card stack solut
ion. Key Improvements 1. Data acquisition is significantly faster than current design 2. Better aesthetic – closely aligns with HandyScan RX 3. Improved IP rating (Target IP66) 4. Ruggedized housing 5. Connectors are protected from impact and ingress 6. Integrated stand and separate retractable handle easy to keep clean) 7. Touchscreen with ruggedized display glass 8. 3-Axis encoder input
>

Ultrasonic Testing Immersion Tanks with Unmatched Scanning Features

TecScan’s non-destructive testing Ultrasonic Immersion Tanks & scanners are designed for high pe
rformance and demanding NDT testing applications. Our Scan3D™ line of High Precision Immersion Tanks are specifically designed for automated ultrasonic testing of complex composites parts used in aerospace and industrial applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window