where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Certification
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Hillger Ing. Büro
was founded in 1984 and develops special ultrasonic imaging systems for high-tech materials.

08:48 Mar-22-2003
Rena Smith
Certification

Hi All,
I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
Thank you,
Rena Smith

08:56 Mar-22-2003

William Blum

Consultant, Training, Level III Services
NDT Consulting Group Inc.,
USA,
Joined Nov 2000
Re: Certification You can order documents pertaining to NDT on www.techstreet.com or you can find lots of NDT resources, including listings of companies providing training, on www.asnt.org.

NDT-CGI can assist you in establishing or upgrading your NDT capabilities. Please visit the NDT-CGI website at www.ndt-cgi.com for more information.

: Hi All,
: I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
: Thank you,
: Rena Smith

01:18 Mar-24-2003
Dennis J. Kallhof
Re: Certification : Hi All,
: I am an aviation maintenance instructor & I would like to expand my NDI curriculum. We have a Magna Flux machine upto 5000A & I would like to set up a fluorscent penetrant shop. I need specific information on fluorescent penetrant & magnetic particle certification on all levels. The requirements for certification & recertification. The requirements for monthly/yearly testing of materials & any general information. The FAA states that NDI must be performed by qualified & certified personell, and I would like to see the requirements for qualification & certification in print. If anyone can direct me to a source to order the MIL specs or NAS info, I would appreciate it. I am also looking for reputable training location to gain a level one or two certification.
: Thank you,
: Rena Smith
Rena,

NAS 410 has everything you need for NDT Certification.
The penetrant spec recognized by larger engine manufacturers as an acceptable alternative to their STANDARD PRACTICES is AMS 2647. The materials are covered by AMS 2644.
The magnetic particle spec referred to is ASTM E 1444. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions feel free to E-mail.
djkallhof@componentrepair.com

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|