where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Non-destructive thin coating thickness measurements
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

Vallen-Systeme GmbH
The Acoustic Emission Company! Since 1987 Vallen stands for competence and continuity in AE and for reliable business cooperation and support.

04:30 May-07-2003
Mark Jarratt
Non-destructive thin coating thickness measurements

Is there a non-destructive method that is capable of measuring coating thickness to an accuracy of less than 1 micron?

(total coating thickness 3 microns)

02:47 May-08-2003

Neil Burleigh

Sales
Krautkramer Australia Pty Ltd,
Australia,
Joined Dec 2002
Re: Non-destructive thin coating thickness measurements : Is there a non-destructive method that is capable of measuring coating thickness to an accuracy of less than 1 micron?
: (total coating thickness 3 microns)
The short answer is Yes.
Before being able to give a more detailed answer one would need to know more about the measurement application.
For example: type of coating and base material, thickness of base, surface roughness of base. Are there any interemdiate coatings?

Hope this helps
Regards

Neil

05:59 May-08-2003

Alex

NDT Inspector
SRIBS,
China,
Joined Apr 2003
Re: Non-destructive thin coating thickness measurements : : Is there a non-destructive method that is capable of measuring coating thickness to an accuracy of less than 1 micron?
: .
: : (total coating thickness 3 microns)
: .
: The short answer is Yes.
: Before being able to give a more detailed answer one would need to know more about the measurement application.
: For example: type of coating and base material, thickness of base, surface roughness of base. Are there any interemdiate coatings?
: Hope this helps
: Regards
: Neil

I agree with Neil

02:06 May-19-2003
Marilu
Digital holography which test is better to industrial applications (mainly equipment for petroleum industry), digital holographic or searographic? perhaps do you know suppliers for this kind of testers. Thanks a lot.

00:28 Jul-02-2003
Naim
Re: Digital holography The Optical Digest newsletter is an electronic periodical, supported and administered by the SPIE, which provides information on topics such as computer-aided photo-elastic stress analysis, forthcoming meetings and job opportunities. One can download this newsletter at www.spie.org/otd, or subscribe for free e-mail delivery. It is also worth consulting the Cordis site to be aware of current NDT research projects carried out through the Brite-Euram scheme, including topics such as pulsed digital holography and shearography (www.cordis.lu:80/brite-euram/src/1147.htm). Finally, information on a ‘futuristic’ project for holographic full-body security scanning can be enjoyably read at www.utopia.com:80/mailings/rree/Holographic.Full-Body.Security.Scanning.html.

01:31 Sep-23-2003
vani
Re: Digital holography Sir/Madam
please give me name of book and author for DIGITAL HOLOGRAPHY.i urgentlty need this for my research purpose.
regards

02:06 Oct-16-2003
ps lim
Re: Digital holography
i think u may find it useful to look up for juptner.....
he's german..... so the spelling may differ for his journals ( depending on publication.....)

02:35 Jan-10-2004
tarraz hassan
Re: Digital holography Sir/Madam : veuillez
me donner nommé du livre et de l'auteur pour le besoin urgentlty de
DIGITAL HOLOGRAPHY.i ceci de mon but de recherches : respect

00:49 Jan-19-2004

wolfgang bisle

R & D, Project leader & Group Leader InService Inspect.
Airbus Deutschland GmbH,
Germany,
Joined Jul 2000
Re: Digital holography You mean Prof. Werner Jüptner, BIAS Bremen
http://www.bias.de/start.html
jueptner@bias.de
Direktor und Institutsleiter

Yes, this institute is the first address for Digital Holography.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|