where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Iris Inspection Services, Inc.
We are the world's largest supplier of air cooler, boiler and exchanger tubing inspection services.
Career Discussions
tu
tu
03:59 May-17-2003
about rail longitudinal stress measurement

Hi everyone,
Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
thank you very much!
Best regards
tu zhankuan

I.Etingen
Engineering
Institute of bridges & NDT, Russia, Joined Jun 2001, 3

I.Etingen

Engineering
Institute of bridges & NDT,
Russia,
Joined Jun 2001
07:56 May-19-2003
Re: about rail longitudinal stress measurement
: Hi everyone,
: Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
: thank you very much!
: Best regards
: tu zhankuan

email Nemeth Istvan

G. Arnolds
G. Arnolds
02:27 May-23-2003
Re: about rail longitudinal stress measurement
Hallo!
Ask at the Fraunhofer Institut for NDT, (www.izfp.fhg.de) in Germany. They had an Ultrasonoscope (UES) for the determination of the tensile state of new rails and of rails in the track.
Best regards.
G.A.
: Hi everyone,
: Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
: thank you very much!
: Best regards
: tu zhankuan

Product Spotlight

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

Research and Applications Development For NDT

The Research and Applications Development (RAD) group is a newly formed team within Acuren dedicat
ed to tackling challenging inspection problems. Our focus is the development of novel, field deployable, advanced inspection techniques for use in cases where standard NDT methods are ineffective. We don't wait for new innovations, we engineer them. From concept to commissioning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window