where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
about rail longitudinal stress measurement
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

03:59 May-17-2003
tu
about rail longitudinal stress measurement

Hi everyone,
Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
thank you very much!
Best regards
tu zhankuan

07:56 May-19-2003

I.Etingen

Engineering
Institute of bridges & NDT,
Russia,
Joined Jun 2001
Re: about rail longitudinal stress measurement : Hi everyone,
: Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
: thank you very much!
: Best regards
: tu zhankuan

email Nemeth Istvan

02:27 May-23-2003
G. Arnolds
Re: about rail longitudinal stress measurement Hallo!
Ask at the Fraunhofer Institut for NDT, (www.izfp.fhg.de) in Germany. They had an Ultrasonoscope (UES) for the determination of the tensile state of new rails and of rails in the track.
Best regards.
G.A.
: Hi everyone,
: Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
: thank you very much!
: Best regards
: tu zhankuan

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|