where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GRANPECT COMPANY Ltd
GRANPECT, X-ray NDT Expert You Can Rely on

Career Discussions
tu
tu
03:59 May-17-2003
about rail longitudinal stress measurement

Hi everyone,
Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
thank you very much!
Best regards
tu zhankuan

I.Etingen
Engineering
Institute of bridges & NDT, Russia, Joined Jun 2001, 3

I.Etingen

Engineering
Institute of bridges & NDT,
Russia,
Joined Jun 2001
07:56 May-19-2003
Re: about rail longitudinal stress measurement
: Hi everyone,
: Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
: thank you very much!
: Best regards
: tu zhankuan

email Nemeth Istvan

G. Arnolds
G. Arnolds
02:27 May-23-2003
Re: about rail longitudinal stress measurement
Hallo!
Ask at the Fraunhofer Institut for NDT, (www.izfp.fhg.de) in Germany. They had an Ultrasonoscope (UES) for the determination of the tensile state of new rails and of rails in the track.
Best regards.
G.A.
: Hi everyone,
: Rail will produce great thermal stress when enviroment temperature change greatly.Without taking appropriate measurement rail would be broken or bulged,and threats the safty.Do you know how to measure the thermal stress in rail? I would be glad if you give me some inforamtion about the measurement of rail thermal stress.
: thank you very much!
: Best regards
: tu zhankuan

Product Spotlight

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

IK4-IDEKO develops an ultrasonic train wheel inspection system for CAF

The Basque technology centre IK4-IDEKO has developed a state-of-the-art ultrasonic inspection system
for the train wheel. This system secures a sound condition of train wheels and is thus a significant contribution to rail transport safety. The device was delivered to CAF recently and its use allows the manufacturer to become an approved supplier of rolling stock in Italy, as it meets the demanding homologation standards of this country. \\\\r\\\\n
>

FMC/TFM

Next generation for Phased Array UT is here now with FMC/TFM! Have higher resolution imaging, impr
oved signal to noise ratio, characterize, size and analyze defects better with access to several wave mode views and save raw FMC data for higher quality analysis.  Some of the benefits are:
  • Beautiful Image! Easier to understand what you're looking at
  • Completely focused in entire image or volume
  • Much easier to define setups before inspection
  • Easier to decipher geometry echoes from real defects
  • Oriented defects (e.g. cracks) are imaged better
  • See image from different wave modes from one FMC inspection
  • FMC data can be reprocessed/analyzed without going back to the field
>

NDT Master Lecturer

In the program both university professors and practitioners will give lectures, which guarantees the
oretical depth and practical inside. Academic Director: Prof. Dr. Christian Boller
The following lecturers are not complete: Prof. Tadeusz Stepinski, Prof. Wieslaw Staszewski, Prof. Frank Walther, Prof. Giovanni Bruno, Prof. Gerd Dobmann, Prof. Philippe Guy
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s