where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Text book or Journals of remote field eddy current
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

06:47 Jun-16-2003

JACKY

Engineering
Taiwan, Province of China,
Joined Aug 2002
Text book or Journals of remote field eddy current

Dear everybody,

Can anybody tell me the text books or journals about the remote field eddy current? I want to learn some test skill of it.

07:35 Jun-17-2003
Franc Buijsen
Re: Text book or Journals of remote field eddy current : Dear everybody,
: Can anybody tell me the text books or journals about the remote field eddy current? I want to learn some test skill of it.
Here are two books of interest, though the literature I found so far is very limited.

Electrical and magnetic methods of non destructive testing, Jack Blitz

NDT handbook, #4 Electromagnetic testing, ASNT

We will be organizing an RFEC seminar towards the end of the year in The Netherlands. This will be a three day seminar and will be given by Mr, Dana Ives of CoreStar. Dana has extensive RFEC inspection experience (formerly Zetec) and is an interesting guy to learn from.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in attending. You can send an e-mail to: f.buijsen@sendt.com.

We can probably organize RFEC training in other parts of this planet if people are interested. Please let me know.

The cost of this seminar will be around EUR 500.00.

regards

Franc Buijsen
Servicing Europe NDT
The Netherlands

06:49 Jun-25-2003
Mike Terhaar
Re: Text book or Journals of remote field eddy current : : There is no such thing as RFTEC.

RFT and Eddy Current are 2 different
disciplines, with there own inherent strenghts and disadvantages.

Say Hi to Dana for me,

Mike Terhaar

IIIA ECT/RFT

IIIA

Dear everybody,

: .
: : Can anybody tell me the text books or journals about the remote field eddy current? I want to learn some test skill of it.
: Here are two books of interest, though the literature I found so far is very limited.
: Electrical and magnetic methods of non destructive testing, Jack Blitz
: NDT handbook, #4 Electromagnetic testing, ASNT
: We will be organizing an RFEC seminar towards the end of the year in The Netherlands. This will be a three day seminar and will be given by Mr, Dana Ives of CoreStar. Dana has extensive RFEC inspection experience (formerly Zetec) and is an interesting guy to learn from.
: Please let me know if anyone is interested in attending. You can send an e-mail to: f.buijsen@sendt.com.
: We can probably organize RFEC training in other parts of this planet if people are interested. Please let me know.
: The cost of this seminar will be around EUR 500.00.
:
: regards
:
: Franc Buijsen
: Servicing Europe NDT
: The Netherlands

05:52 Jun-29-2003

Dana Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: Text book or Journals of remote field eddy current The ASNT publication, Materials Evaluation, published many articles in 1989 that provided extensive information on RFT. I believe the month that carried the majority of the articles was January. Tom Schmidt, formerly with the Shell Research Center in Texas, had written many of the articles with input from William Lord (Colorado State University) and David Atherton of The Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. The last time I talked with him, Mr. Schmidt was acting as a consultant for Queen's and had retired, but that was back in 1996. Mr. Terhaar is correct as well: the two inspection methods, ECT and RFT are distinctly different methods that are governed by rather different rules. I think Mr. David Russell of Russell Technologies would agree. If you would like, I can provide you with several documents that describe the basic principles and theory concerning RFT. Please send me an email to above address and I will forward the information to you (assuming your email server can handle large files).

Best Regards,

Dana

: : Dear everybody,
: : Can anybody tell me the text books or journals about the remote field eddy current? I want to learn some test skill of it.
: Here are two books of interest, though the literature I found so far is very limited.
: Electrical and magnetic methods of non destructive testing, Jack Blitz
: NDT handbook, #4 Electromagnetic testing, ASNT
: We will be organizing an RFEC seminar towards the end of the year in The Netherlands. This will be a three day seminar and will be given by Mr, Dana Ives of CoreStar. Dana has extensive RFEC inspection experience (formerly Zetec) and is an interesting guy to learn from.
: Please let me know if anyone is interested in attending. You can send an e-mail to: f.buijsen@sendt.com.
: We can probably organize RFEC training in other parts of this planet if people are interested. Please let me know.
: The cost of this seminar will be around EUR 500.00.
:
: regards
:
: Franc Buijsen
: Servicing Europe NDT
: The Netherlands

06:08 Jul-23-2003
RAN VIJAY KUMAR
Re: Text book or Journals of remote field eddy current Dear everybody,

Can anybody tell me the text books or journals about the nondestructive evaluation of metal matrix composite, particularly by using eddy current technique? I want to learn some test skill of it.

ran vijay kumar
B.I.T. Sindri
INDIA

06:10 Jul-23-2003
RAN VIJAY KUMAR
Re: Text book or Journals of Non destructive evaluation of MMCs by using eddy current Dear everybody,

Can anybody tell me the text books or journals about the nondestructive evaluation of metal matrix composite, particularly by using eddy current technique? I want to learn some test skill of it.

ran vijay kumar
B.I.T. Sindri
INDIA

02:30 Aug-08-2003
Jim Yukes
Re: Text book or Journals of remote field eddy current You can contact the Applied Magneitcs Lab, Physics Dept at Queens' Universtiy Kingston, Ontario Canada:

Dear everybody,
: Can anybody tell me the text books or journals about the nondestructive evaluation of metal matrix composite, particularly by using eddy current technique? I want to learn some test skill of it.
: ran vijay kumar
: B.I.T. Sindri
: INDIA

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|