where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
Some Questions About NDT
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

07:43 Jul-03-2003
Helen Teager
Some Questions About NDT

Hi there everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone here can help.

I've been working as an aircraft structures technician in Canada for a little bit now, but with all the recent problems in aviation I have decided to change fields into NDT.

I found a 3-month fast-paced extensive program but in order to apply for funding I've been asked to interview individuals currently working in NDT.

There are only 9 questions and I hope I can find a few people who wouldn't mind answering them through email. The answers can be sent directly to me through email at hteager@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch!

Here are the questions:

Name:
Position:
Company:
Telephone Number:

1. What are the skills and abilities most in demand in your organization?

2. What school or training program do you recommend?

3. Do you hire new graduates of this program? If not, why?

4. Is there particular background or experience required in order to work in this occupation? Is educational training necessary to become employed in this field?

5. Are there jobs in this field right now? In the future?

6. How much money do people in this field make? In their first year? In five years?

7. Are there any opportunities in your organization for job shadowing, volunteering, work experience programs and/or practicum's?

8. What are the daily activities a person does on a typical day in this occupation? How much time is spent doing each activity?

9. With my educational background and work experience. If I complete the training program in which I am interested, do you feel I would be employable in this field?
(I was trained as an aircraft structures technician and have been working in that field for the last few years. Part of my position required me to determine the extent of damage on aircraft sheet metal and composites components prior to repair and understanding how different stresses in flight affected different materials.)

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|