where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Helen Teager
Helen Teager
07:43 Jul-03-2003
Some Questions About NDT

Hi there everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone here can help.

I've been working as an aircraft structures technician in Canada for a little bit now, but with all the recent problems in aviation I have decided to change fields into NDT.

I found a 3-month fast-paced extensive program but in order to apply for funding I've been asked to interview individuals currently working in NDT.

There are only 9 questions and I hope I can find a few people who wouldn't mind answering them through email. The answers can be sent directly to me through email at hteager@hotmail.com

Thanks a bunch!

Here are the questions:

Name:
Position:
Company:
Telephone Number:

1. What are the skills and abilities most in demand in your organization?

2. What school or training program do you recommend?

3. Do you hire new graduates of this program? If not, why?

4. Is there particular background or experience required in order to work in this occupation? Is educational training necessary to become employed in this field?

5. Are there jobs in this field right now? In the future?

6. How much money do people in this field make? In their first year? In five years?

7. Are there any opportunities in your organization for job shadowing, volunteering, work experience programs and/or practicum's?

8. What are the daily activities a person does on a typical day in this occupation? How much time is spent doing each activity?

9. With my educational background and work experience. If I complete the training program in which I am interested, do you feel I would be employable in this field?
(I was trained as an aircraft structures technician and have been working in that field for the last few years. Part of my position required me to determine the extent of damage on aircraft sheet metal and composites components prior to repair and understanding how different stresses in flight affected different materials.)

Product Spotlight

SONOAIR - air-coupled Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection System

For highly attenuating materials, the performance of the system is critical. The ultrasonic sensors,
the scanning area and the system settings should be flexibly adapted to the test task and the material. These high expectations are met with the new and modular testing system SONOAIR. With the world’s first air-coupled phased-array UT inspection system SONOAIR we developed a technology that works with up to 4 transmitter and receiver channels with freely configurable square wave burst transmitters as wells as low noise receiving amplifiers.
>

Ultrasonic Squirter/Gantry System

TecScan’s NDT Ultrasonic Gantry Systems are industrial Squirter scanners designed for non-destru
ctive quality testing and raster scanning of large structures and parts. The Gantry Systems are usually composed of an Industrial Mechanical Scanner and a Control Room with System Workstation.
>

FAAST-PA! OEM Patented phased Array for high speed UT inspection

Multiangle, Multifocus, Multifrequency, Multibeam. Instead of stacking UT electronics and having m
any PA probes, FAAST-PA is able to transmit all delay laws within ONE single shot in Real time.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window