where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Billy Ruben
Billy Ruben
02:33 Aug-12-2003
level III ethics

I have a problem. I have first hand knowledge of a Level III personnally directing a field tech to charge time to project A while working on project B. Because project B was underbid and inspections were still required per contract documents. When the Level III was confronted he fell back on the field tech misunderstood and the boss (regional v.p. his supervisor) had directed the A to B chargeing. I have read the ASNT ethics directives and this appears to be a direct violation but is this situation that much of a violation?

Dana Ives
Engineering
CoreStar International Corp., USA, Joined Jan 2003, 10

Dana Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
04:40 Sep-12-2003
Re: level III ethics
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have a problem. I have first hand knowledge of a Level III personnally directing a field tech to charge time to project A while working on project B. Because project B was underbid and inspections were still required per contract documents. When the Level III was confronted he fell back on the field tech misunderstood and the boss (regional v.p. his supervisor) had directed the A to B chargeing. I have read the ASNT ethics directives and this appears to be a direct violation but is this situation that much of a violation?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Come on, Billy. This isn't a "Level III" ethics issue - this a an issue as to whether it is right or not. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. Changing timesheets is simply not ethical in any situation. How old are you?

Product Spotlight

High Resolution Industrial CT System for Small/Medium Size Parts Inspection

The YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve extremely precise inspection res
ults for a wide range of applications. Available in a single or dual tube configuration, it is perfect for very small to medium size parts inspection in the automotive, electronics, aviation, and material science industries.
>

GEKKO, Standard and Advanced phased-array for Easier inspection

With a 64-channel parallel architecture, GEKKO is a flaw detector offering at the same time conven
tional UT, standard PAUT, TOFD and real-time Total Focusing Method (TFM). GEKKO improves the detection, with better defects characterization and sizing as well as for misoriented defects. Some procedures require standard UT, others TOFD or PA. GEKKO includes all these techniques to offer a versatile and field-ready equipment. - 64:64 parallel channels - + 4 additional TOFD - Conventional UT channels - International code compliance: ASME, AWS, API, ASTM, ISO-EN Watch the video: https://youtu.be/kuEY_RwWS3Q
>

NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe

DOPPLER NEW Wheel Type Phased Array Probe, more stable, new tyre makes lesser acoustic attenuation
, much lighter makes easier to handle, more slim size, magnetic and mechanical encoder optional etc...more
>

X-ray CT aids research into defect formation in AM parts

X-ray CT is used to research how additive manufacturing process parameters influence defect format
ion in AM parts.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window