where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Billy Ruben
Billy Ruben
02:33 Aug-12-2003
level III ethics

I have a problem. I have first hand knowledge of a Level III personnally directing a field tech to charge time to project A while working on project B. Because project B was underbid and inspections were still required per contract documents. When the Level III was confronted he fell back on the field tech misunderstood and the boss (regional v.p. his supervisor) had directed the A to B chargeing. I have read the ASNT ethics directives and this appears to be a direct violation but is this situation that much of a violation?

Dana Ives
Engineering
CoreStar International Corp., USA, Joined Jan 2003, 10

Dana Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
04:40 Sep-12-2003
Re: level III ethics
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have a problem. I have first hand knowledge of a Level III personnally directing a field tech to charge time to project A while working on project B. Because project B was underbid and inspections were still required per contract documents. When the Level III was confronted he fell back on the field tech misunderstood and the boss (regional v.p. his supervisor) had directed the A to B chargeing. I have read the ASNT ethics directives and this appears to be a direct violation but is this situation that much of a violation?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Come on, Billy. This isn't a "Level III" ethics issue - this a an issue as to whether it is right or not. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. Changing timesheets is simply not ethical in any situation. How old are you?

Product Spotlight

GUL QSR1® Scanning

How do you measure pipe wall thickness without direct access to the area? QSR® Scanning - Guide Wav
e Quantitative Short Range Scanning.
>

XRHRobotStar

In high volume industries like automotive the requirement for a hundred percent X-ray inspection c
reates a bottleneck in the production. The XRHRobotStar is a fully Automated Defect Recognition (ADR) capable robot-system that allows an ultra-fast in-line inspection.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

IRIS 9000Plus - Introducing the next generation of heat exchanger inspection.

Representing the seventh generation of the IRIS system, the IRIS 9000 Plus has nearly 200 years of c
ombined field inspection experience incorporated in its design. This experience combined with a strong commitment to quality and a history of innovation has made Iris Inspection Services® the undisputed leader in IRIS technology.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window