where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
level III ethics
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

GE Inspection Technologies GmbH
offers equipment, systems and expertise based on ultrasonics, radiography, eddy curreent and remote visual inspection.

02:33 Aug-12-2003
Billy Ruben
level III ethics

I have a problem. I have first hand knowledge of a Level III personnally directing a field tech to charge time to project A while working on project B. Because project B was underbid and inspections were still required per contract documents. When the Level III was confronted he fell back on the field tech misunderstood and the boss (regional v.p. his supervisor) had directed the A to B chargeing. I have read the ASNT ethics directives and this appears to be a direct violation but is this situation that much of a violation?

04:40 Sep-12-2003

Dana Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
Re: level III ethics ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have a problem. I have first hand knowledge of a Level III personnally directing a field tech to charge time to project A while working on project B. Because project B was underbid and inspections were still required per contract documents. When the Level III was confronted he fell back on the field tech misunderstood and the boss (regional v.p. his supervisor) had directed the A to B chargeing. I have read the ASNT ethics directives and this appears to be a direct violation but is this situation that much of a violation?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Come on, Billy. This isn't a "Level III" ethics issue - this a an issue as to whether it is right or not. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. Changing timesheets is simply not ethical in any situation. How old are you?

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|