where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Billy Ruben
Billy Ruben
02:33 Aug-12-2003
level III ethics

I have a problem. I have first hand knowledge of a Level III personnally directing a field tech to charge time to project A while working on project B. Because project B was underbid and inspections were still required per contract documents. When the Level III was confronted he fell back on the field tech misunderstood and the boss (regional v.p. his supervisor) had directed the A to B chargeing. I have read the ASNT ethics directives and this appears to be a direct violation but is this situation that much of a violation?

Dana Ives
Engineering
CoreStar International Corp., USA, Joined Jan 2003, 10

Dana Ives

Engineering
CoreStar International Corp.,
USA,
Joined Jan 2003
04:40 Sep-12-2003
Re: level III ethics
----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I have a problem. I have first hand knowledge of a Level III personnally directing a field tech to charge time to project A while working on project B. Because project B was underbid and inspections were still required per contract documents. When the Level III was confronted he fell back on the field tech misunderstood and the boss (regional v.p. his supervisor) had directed the A to B chargeing. I have read the ASNT ethics directives and this appears to be a direct violation but is this situation that much of a violation?
------------ End Original Message ------------

Come on, Billy. This isn't a "Level III" ethics issue - this a an issue as to whether it is right or not. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out. Changing timesheets is simply not ethical in any situation. How old are you?

Product Spotlight

VeeScan AirCraft Wheel Inspection

The VEESCAN offers maximum flexibility, has a proven mechanical design and records of breakdown-fr
ee operation of over 365 days. Appealing to companies in the Aerospace industry, the VEESCAN is ideal for all wheel-testing environments. With a wide selection of probes, the VeeScan allows your wheel testing facility the flexibility to select the most compatible configurations with their workload.
>

Echomac® PA Bar Tester

The Echomac® PA BT provides 100% inspection of round bars for core and surface defects, at speeds u
p to 2 m/sec, depending on the specific application. The unit allows producers to handle a much larger range of diameters in one installation, and is available in 3 models to test 10 – 75mm diameter (small model); 20 – 130mm (medium model) or 50 – 254mm (large model) bars.
>

Sci Aps Z-Series Portable Handheld Analysers

The world’s only handheld analyzer that measures carbon content in stainless (yes even L-grades),s
teels, and cast irons. Also accepted for low Si analysis for sulfidic corrosion analysis, and is widely used in the power industry for Cr analysis, for flow accelerated corrosion applications.
>

High-performance Linear Phased Array Probes

Available to order from stock in a range of 5MHz – 7.5MHz and from 16 to 64 elements. Designed w
ith piezo-composite elements, Phoenix phased array probes provide high-resolution imaging to maximise sensitivity; accurate ultrasonic detection and sizing of defects in welds; and effective corrosion mapping. Housed in a rugged stainless steel case for on-site industrial NDT applications.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window