where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

DASEL SISTEMAS
Our Phased Array equipments, based on SITAU Technology, are among the PAS highest performance in the market.

Career Discussions
Kent
Kent
06:08 Sep-02-2003
UT sensor

I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks

Mike Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Mike Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
00:05 Sep-07-2003
Re: UT sensor
The most abundent ultrasonic equipment supply companies would be:

Krautkramer http://ndt.agfa.com/bu/ndt/index.nsf/EN/krautkramerultrasonicsystems.htm

Panametrics
http://www.gepower.com/dhtml/panametrics/en_us/index.jsp

Have to mention them first as they are the biggest plus I have a base ball cap from both companies.

There is also

Stavely
http://www.staveleyndt.com/

Many more but I have to catch my flight.

Regards

Mike

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 520

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
06:59 Sep-08-2003
When you say sensor do you mean instrumentation or just probes?

Key equipment manufacturers are:

GE/Agfa/Krautkramer/Panametrics group

Staveley

Sonatest (my company)

Also NDT systems, Karl Deutsch, Gilardoni, and several Eastern European manufacturers.

For probes above plus Technisonics, Phoenix ISL, NDT Engineering and many local companies.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Kent
Kent
01:44 Sep-09-2003
Thank you!

Product Spotlight

NEW! The PragmaPro Instrument Platform

The PragmaPro is based on a modular cartridge technology and supports various NDT instrument modal
ities such as UT, PAUT, ECT and many more. This new platform is based on a machined, powder-coated aluminum frame for shock-proofness, best sealing qualities and maximum heat dissipation. This is practical to extend the outdoor temperature range and/or to extend the power injected in the transducers. The PragmaPro is aiming at a very wide range of applications, such as weld scanning, corrosion mapping and composite testing.
>

TESTD-PT SYSTEM

Pulse thermography is a non-contact test method that is ideal for the characterization of thin fil
ms and coatings or the detection of defects. With a remarquable short test time and a high detection sensitivity, the Telops TESTD-PT is the perfect tool for non- destructive testing. With such high frame rates, it is even possible to investigate highly conductive or diffusive materials.
>

NovaScope 6000

The all-digital Novascope 6000 is a portable, ultra-high precision thickness gauge for high-speed
thickness measurement. Novascope 6000 has unmatched capabilities and unique features including: •Superior Resolution with high contrast, high-speed color RF display •High pulser voltage •Real-time video output •Increased internal/external data storage •Programmable SetUp features •Battery & AC Powered
>

iProbe - USB Phased Array Probe

Turn your PC, Laptop or Tablet into a powerful 32:64 Phased Array system with our USB powered Phas
ed Array iProbe and inspection software package. Perform affordable weld inspection and corrosion mapping inspections with this powerful but small system. The probe has a 100V pulser, 8K PRF, dual axis encoder input and achieves outstanding signal quality.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window