where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GE Inspection Technologies GmbH
offers equipment, systems and expertise based on ultrasonics, radiography, eddy curreent and remote visual inspection.

Career Discussions
Kent
Kent
06:08 Sep-02-2003
UT sensor

I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks

Mike Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Mike Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
00:05 Sep-07-2003
Re: UT sensor
The most abundent ultrasonic equipment supply companies would be:

Krautkramer http://ndt.agfa.com/bu/ndt/index.nsf/EN/krautkramerultrasonicsystems.htm

Panametrics
http://www.gepower.com/dhtml/panametrics/en_us/index.jsp

Have to mention them first as they are the biggest plus I have a base ball cap from both companies.

There is also

Stavely
http://www.staveleyndt.com/

Many more but I have to catch my flight.

Regards

Mike

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 519

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
06:59 Sep-08-2003
When you say sensor do you mean instrumentation or just probes?

Key equipment manufacturers are:

GE/Agfa/Krautkramer/Panametrics group

Staveley

Sonatest (my company)

Also NDT systems, Karl Deutsch, Gilardoni, and several Eastern European manufacturers.

For probes above plus Technisonics, Phoenix ISL, NDT Engineering and many local companies.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Kent
Kent
01:44 Sep-09-2003
Thank you!

Product Spotlight

Mentor UT – Ultrasonic Phased Array Flaw Detector

With Mentor UT, you get an accessible and efficient inspection experience. Create user-defined menus
and workflows (“apps”) with GE’s desktop software Mentor Create to ensure consistency, even for the most complex inspections, every time. Mentor UT is the first UT device to easily allow wireless connectivity and live streaming, so you get second opinions when you need them most—in real-time.
>

High-end Ultrasonic Flaw Detector with 32:128PR PAUT and 2-ch TOFD: SyncScan 2

SIUI’s newly launched SyncScan 2, is a high-end ultrasonic flaw detector with 32:128PR PAUT and
2-ch TOFD, which can maximize your efficiency for PA and TOFD. ● Support PA/TOFD/UT ● 32-ch PA is more suitable for inspection on extra-thick wall and high-attenuation material. ● 32-ch PA and 2-ch TOFD work simultaneously. ● Support PR mode for corrosion inspection.
>

Wireless TOFD scanner

Quick, accurate and highly reproducible welds testing. The System operates wirelessly and is compat
ible with any type of Windows based Laptop, Desktop or Tablet.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window