where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Kent
Kent
06:08 Sep-02-2003
UT sensor

I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks

Mike Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Mike Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
00:05 Sep-07-2003
Re: UT sensor
The most abundent ultrasonic equipment supply companies would be:

Krautkramer http://ndt.agfa.com/bu/ndt/index.nsf/EN/krautkramerultrasonicsystems.htm

Panametrics
http://www.gepower.com/dhtml/panametrics/en_us/index.jsp

Have to mention them first as they are the biggest plus I have a base ball cap from both companies.

There is also

Stavely
http://www.staveleyndt.com/

Many more but I have to catch my flight.

Regards

Mike

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 526

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
06:59 Sep-08-2003
When you say sensor do you mean instrumentation or just probes?

Key equipment manufacturers are:

GE/Agfa/Krautkramer/Panametrics group

Staveley

Sonatest (my company)

Also NDT systems, Karl Deutsch, Gilardoni, and several Eastern European manufacturers.

For probes above plus Technisonics, Phoenix ISL, NDT Engineering and many local companies.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Kent
Kent
01:44 Sep-09-2003
Thank you!

Product Spotlight

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

HARDNESS TESTER TKM-459CE combi

TKM-459CE combi applies 2 methods of hardness control: UCI and Leeb. It provides high-accuracy tes
ting of metals and alloys as well as items of different sizes and configurations, their hardened layers and galvanic coatings. Device represents results in HB, HRC, HV and others. Shock-, dust- and water-proof housing with intuitive software make this gauge easy to use in all working conditions.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window