where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

GB Inspection Systems Ltd.
A leading UK manufacturer of Ultrasonic Probes, Accessories, Supplier of NDT Equipment and more.
Career Discussions
Kent
Kent
06:08 Sep-02-2003
UT sensor

I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks

Mike Trinidad
Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd , Australia, Joined Jan 2003, 138

Mike Trinidad

Consultant,
LMATS Pty Ltd ,
Australia,
Joined Jan 2003
00:05 Sep-07-2003
Re: UT sensor
The most abundent ultrasonic equipment supply companies would be:

Krautkramer http://ndt.agfa.com/bu/ndt/index.nsf/EN/krautkramerultrasonicsystems.htm

Panametrics
http://www.gepower.com/dhtml/panametrics/en_us/index.jsp

Have to mention them first as they are the biggest plus I have a base ball cap from both companies.

There is also

Stavely
http://www.staveleyndt.com/

Many more but I have to catch my flight.

Regards

Mike

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Joe Buckley
Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT, United Kingdom, Joined Oct 1999, 522

Joe Buckley

Consultant, ASNT L-III, Honorary Secretary of BINDT
Level X NDT, BINDT,
United Kingdom,
Joined Oct 1999
06:59 Sep-08-2003
When you say sensor do you mean instrumentation or just probes?

Key equipment manufacturers are:

GE/Agfa/Krautkramer/Panametrics group

Staveley

Sonatest (my company)

Also NDT systems, Karl Deutsch, Gilardoni, and several Eastern European manufacturers.

For probes above plus Technisonics, Phoenix ISL, NDT Engineering and many local companies.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: I just begin to study UT technique. Who can tell me the most popular brands/companies of Ultrasonic testing sensor? Thanks
------------ End Original Message ------------

Kent
Kent
01:44 Sep-09-2003
Thank you!

Product Spotlight

NDT.net launches mobile-friendly design

NDT.net has revamped its website providing a mobile-friendly design.The front page received a comp
letely new design and all other sections are now reacting responsively on mobile devices. This has been a major step to make our website more user- friendly.
>

NDTkit RT

NDTkit RT, TESTIA's Digital Radiography software The NDTkit product line software for X-ray analysi
s. NDTkit RT is a software benefiting from the Ultis kernel which is dedicated to radiographic image analysis. It offers a set of tools and filtering processes to assist RT operators in finding relevant flaws.
>

Echomac® Small

Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccen
tricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.
>

NEOS III

NEOS III is Logos Imagings lightest DR system. With a built-in battery and internal wireless commu
nication, the NEOS III is perfect for users that want to quickly assess an item.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window