where expertise comes together - since 1996

Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Open Access Database (Conference Proceedings, Articles, News), Exhibition, Forum, Network

All Forum Boards
Technical Discussions
Career Discussions >
x-ray film processors
Job Offers
Job Seeks
Classified Ads
About NDT.net
Articles & News

PBP Optel sp. z o.o.
We are searching new ways - in ultrasonic techniques - in creation of new products

03:56 Oct-10-2003
Clifton Sluss
x-ray film processors

Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?

05:49 Feb-25-2004
Ralph
Re: x-ray film processors ----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
------------ End Original Message ------------
GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!

02:48 Feb-25-2004
Scott Longstreet
: : Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
: GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!
I use all Agfa products. Film, Solutions and a NDT-E film processor.The processor has infrared drying,a water saving feature and produces blemish free film!

04:07 Feb-26-2004

Fred Raco, Jr.

Consultant, Partner in NDT Laboratory
RNDT, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Jul 2002
: : : Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
: : GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!
: I use all Agfa products. Film, Solutions and a NDT-E film processor.The processor has infrared drying,a water saving feature and produces blemish free film!

We have a Pantak/Seifert X-ray tube, Agfa processor, and use their chemistry and film. We couldn't have hooked up with a better company. We are important to them and they let us know that. Excellent "after the sale" service!

01:24 Feb-27-2004
Dave Davies
: : : Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
: : GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!
: I use all Agfa products. Film, Solutions and a NDT-E film processor.The processor has infrared drying,a water saving feature and produces blemish free film!

It is interesting that the replies to this query, so far, are all testimonials. I too am using an AGFA processor which is scheduled for replacement this year. I would like to replace with AGFA as we use their films and chemistry.
What about a direct reply from GE on their committment? This is a major purchase and will need support for some years, are GE and AGFA going to commit?
What about non film radiography, has anyone any information on it replacing conventional film for on site work e.g. radiography of 20 - 36 inch diameter piping up to 2 inches thick?

04:02 Feb-27-2004

Fred Raco, Jr.

Consultant, Partner in NDT Laboratory
RNDT, Inc.,
USA,
Joined Jul 2002
: : : : Does anyone have information on GE aquiring Agfa? Need to know if the money would be well spent on agfa's tradition x-ray processing equipment. What are GE's plans for NDT in this area?
: : : GE seems to be activly selling film, processors and parts for the AGFA NDT processors. I work with them everyday. Go for it!
: : I use all Agfa products. Film, Solutions and a NDT-E film processor.The processor has infrared drying,a water saving feature and produces blemish free film!
:
: It is interesting that the replies to this query, so far, are all testimonials. I too am using an AGFA processor which is scheduled for replacement this year. I would like to replace with AGFA as we use their films and chemistry.
: What about a direct reply from GE on their committment? This is a major purchase and will need support for some years, are GE and AGFA going to commit?
: What about non film radiography, has anyone any information on it replacing conventional film for on site work e.g. radiography of 20 - 36 inch diameter piping up to 2 inches thick?

What specification are you shooting too? ASME V, Article 2, Appendix 4 will give you some information.

© NDT.net - The Web's Largest Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT) ISSN 1435-4934

Open Access Database, |Conference Proceedings| |Articles| |News| |Exhibition| |Forum| |Professional Network|