where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -

Career Discussions
Philippe Rubbers
Engineering
SCM, South Africa, Joined Nov 1998, 21

Philippe Rubbers

Engineering
SCM,
South Africa,
Joined Nov 1998
09:52 Oct-15-2003
Ultrasonic B-Scan simulations

Dear colleagues.

I am trying to find a software package that generates simulated B-Scans and or sector scans from the geometry of a component and probe specifications. The packages I have found only show the beam paths, but do not generate simulated B-Scan (or sector scans). Typical applications would be for a turbine blade root inspection, such that the expected signal can be calculated prior to an inspection (with mode conversions, 2nd echo's etc).

If there is a package out there that can do this, please let me know.

Best regards

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
01:07 Oct-15-2003
Re: Ultrasonic B-Scan simulations
Philippe, this might be a tough one. You could contact
the folks at www.sonotech.de . Eventhough they are mostly
working in medical they know a lot about simulation. A
long time ago I saw one of their med B-Mode simulations
and it impressed me.

Regards, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear colleagues.
: I am trying to find a software package that generates simulated B-Scans and or sector scans from the geometry of a component and probe specifications. The packages I have found only show the beam paths, but do not generate simulated B-Scan (or sector scans). Typical applications would be for a turbine blade root inspection, such that the expected signal can be calculated prior to an inspection (with mode conversions, 2nd echo's etc).
: If there is a package out there that can do this, please let me know.
: Best regards
------------ End Original Message ------------

Sim
Sim
01:18 Jan-17-2004
A software package that generates simulated B-Scan could be found at:
http://www.es.oersted.dtu.dk/staff/jaj/field/

Tadeusz Stepinski
R & D
Uppsala University, Sweden, Joined Nov 1998, 14

Tadeusz Stepinski

R & D
Uppsala University,
Sweden,
Joined Nov 1998
01:27 Jan-21-2004
We at Uppsala University have developed software tool DREAM that may be helpful. It can be used for simulations of acoustic fields generated by different shapes of transducers.
It is freeware that can be downlowaded from
http://www.signal.uu.se/Toolbox/dream/

The software you need is available from Force Institute in Danmark under trademark UltraSIM.
http://www.force.dk/gb/default.htm
If you are interested contact directly:
Head of Division: Leif Jeppesen
Telephone (direct): +45 4326-7233
e-mail: lej@force.dk

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: A software package that generates simulated B-Scan could be found at:
: http://www.es.oersted.dtu.dk/staff/jaj/field/
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

EPOCH 6LT

The EPOCH 6LT flaw detector is optimized for one-handed operation in rope access and high-portab
ility applications. Lightweight with a grip-oriented weight distribution, the instrument fits securely in a user’s hand or can be strapped to their leg using the rope access accessory kit. The clear, bright screen makes A-scans readable in any light while the intuitive software enables fast navigation.
>

Compact NDT inspection-heads for measurements with active thermography

The compact inspection head is suitable for thermographic ndt tasks. The uncooled infrared camera
is specially developed for NDI-tasks and offers a thermal sensitivity until now known only from thermal imagers with cooled detector. All required components and functions are integrated into the inspection-head. You will only need an ethernet cable to connect the sensor with the evaluation system.
>

Ultrasonic tomograph for imaging of concrete structures А1040 MIRA

Applicable for concrete inspection allowing imaging of the internal structure of objects from conc
rete, reinforced concrete, different stones. The operation applies pulse-echo technique at one-side access to the object. The instrument is feasible for concrete inspection for searching conduct ducts, conduits, detection of foreign inclusions, holes, honeycombing, cracks and other concrete defects.
>

CIVA 2017 UT Module

CIVA NDE Simulation Software is the world leader of NDT Simulation. The UT simulation Module incl
udes: - "Beam computation": Beam propagation simulation - "Inspection Simulation": Beam interaction with flaws or specimens The user can simulate a whole inspection process (pulse echo, tandem or TOFD) with a wide range of probes (conventional, Phased- arrays or EMAT), components, and flaws.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window
s