where expertise comes together - since 1996 -

The Largest Open Access Portal of Nondestructive Testing (NDT)

Conference Proceedings, Articles, News, Exhibition, Forum, Network and more

where expertise comes together
- since 1996 -
Career Discussions
Philippe Rubbers
Engineering
SCM, South Africa, Joined Nov 1998, 22

Philippe Rubbers

Engineering
SCM,
South Africa,
Joined Nov 1998
09:52 Oct-15-2003
Ultrasonic B-Scan simulations

Dear colleagues.

I am trying to find a software package that generates simulated B-Scans and or sector scans from the geometry of a component and probe specifications. The packages I have found only show the beam paths, but do not generate simulated B-Scan (or sector scans). Typical applications would be for a turbine blade root inspection, such that the expected signal can be calculated prior to an inspection (with mode conversions, 2nd echo's etc).

If there is a package out there that can do this, please let me know.

Best regards

Joerg Schulze-Clewing
Joerg Schulze-Clewing
01:07 Oct-15-2003
Re: Ultrasonic B-Scan simulations
Philippe, this might be a tough one. You could contact
the folks at www.sonotech.de . Eventhough they are mostly
working in medical they know a lot about simulation. A
long time ago I saw one of their med B-Mode simulations
and it impressed me.

Regards, Joerg.

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: Dear colleagues.
: I am trying to find a software package that generates simulated B-Scans and or sector scans from the geometry of a component and probe specifications. The packages I have found only show the beam paths, but do not generate simulated B-Scan (or sector scans). Typical applications would be for a turbine blade root inspection, such that the expected signal can be calculated prior to an inspection (with mode conversions, 2nd echo's etc).
: If there is a package out there that can do this, please let me know.
: Best regards
------------ End Original Message ------------

Sim
Sim
01:18 Jan-17-2004
A software package that generates simulated B-Scan could be found at:
http://www.es.oersted.dtu.dk/staff/jaj/field/

Tadeusz Stepinski
R & D
Uppsala University, Sweden, Joined Nov 1998, 14

Tadeusz Stepinski

R & D
Uppsala University,
Sweden,
Joined Nov 1998
01:27 Jan-21-2004
We at Uppsala University have developed software tool DREAM that may be helpful. It can be used for simulations of acoustic fields generated by different shapes of transducers.
It is freeware that can be downlowaded from
http://www.signal.uu.se/Toolbox/dream/

The software you need is available from Force Institute in Danmark under trademark UltraSIM.
http://www.force.dk/gb/default.htm
If you are interested contact directly:
Head of Division: Leif Jeppesen
Telephone (direct): +45 4326-7233
e-mail: lej@force.dk

----------- Start Original Message -----------
: A software package that generates simulated B-Scan could be found at:
: http://www.es.oersted.dtu.dk/staff/jaj/field/
------------ End Original Message ------------

Product Spotlight

Surf-X® Array Probe

Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple
coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
>

EKOSCAN Phased Array

In order to always fit your needs, EKOSCAN can manufacture any type of UT transducer, either convent
ional or Phased Array. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, EKOSCAN is extremely careful as far a material selection and manufacturing processes are concerned. Our probes guarantee our customers the benefits of latest innovations regarding piezo-composite, backing, impedance adaptation layer, etc. Specific probes for hostile environment: high temperature, high pressure, corrosive environment,etc. Specific probes designed to fit your specific application: optimization of every parameter to guarantee you the best detection.
>

Panther

M2M PANTHER is a phased-array equipment designed for both desktop and industrial applications, offer
ing unparalleled performance in a compact unit. It combines the speed required for industrial integrated Phased-Array Ultrasound (PAUT) solutions, with the most complete set of total focusing method (TFM) imaging techniques, making it the ultimate tool for R&D and procedure qualification.
>

Navic - Steerable Modular Automated Scanner

The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used
in various scanning and inspection applications. The Navic is capable of weld scanning (girth welds and long seam welds), automated corrosion mapping, and tank scanning.
>

Share...
We use technical and analytics cookies to ensure that we will give you the best experience of our website - More Info
Accept
this is debug window